*guillermo coria NEWS thread* - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #196
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *guillermo coria NEWS thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea
Poor Guille! I hope he finds a new coach...and fast!
It rather sounds like he isn't eager to have a full-time coach for the time being. That's precisely why Perlas left, I also read in the JCF forum that Perlas complained about that ("There wasn’t enough communication… I needed to feel included and in the end I wasn’t…", http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=17). Guille might be a little bit fed up with this big team constantly around him and need to decompress first... He looked so tensed in Australia, maybe it's not that bad to take his time now.
I really hope Mancini will stick to Chucho for the Davis Cup if Gaudio can't play, I'm not too fond of seeing Guille in DC right now.

Last edited by Truc : 02-04-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #197
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
It rather sounds like he isn't eager to have a full-time coach for the time being. That's precisely why Perlas left, I also read in the JCF forum that Perlas complained about that ("There wasn’t enough communication… I needed to feel included and in the end I wasn’t…", http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=17). Guille might be a little bit fed up with this big team constantly around him and need to decompress first... He looked so tensed in Australia, maybe it's not that bad to take his time now.
I really hope Mancini will stick to Chucho for the Davis Cup if Gaudio can't play, I'm not too fond of seeing Guille in DC right now.
you got your wish.

Gaudio is suffering from a shoulder injury that has sidelined him from this weekend's Davis Cup first round World Group tie against Sweden.

Acasuso, 23, is ranked No.33 in the world after winning the ATP tournament at Vina des Mar, Chile, yesterday (AEDT), where he beat home hope Nicolas Massu.

World No.8 Gaudio crashed in the second round of the Chile tournament to modest No.106 ranked Spaniard Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo.

Guillermo Coria, the world No.7, has been left off the Argentina team because of lack of form, leaving the side with just one top 10 player in fourth-ranked David Nalbandian.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #198
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, I'm not really upset about this because my three favorite Davis Cup is Sweden. Now I can just root for Sweden and not be torn.

Sorry my Argentine friends. I've had a soft spot for Argentine players since Vilas, but my first tennis love was for Borg.

And Adee, Have you had the call from Guille yet?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #199
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I've had a soft spot for Argentine players since Vilas, but my first tennis love was for Borg.
star, ME TOO!!!!! Borg is god. and vilas, not so far behind!! for me it was evert & borg, or i wouldnt have gotten into tennis at ALL (and i mean that)... i also think if not for guille, my interest in pro tennis today (not the sport, but all the hype of the pro game) would be cut in half.
Quote:
Perlas complained about that "There wasn’t enough communication… I needed to feel included and in the end I wasn’t…",
i thought about this and its an interesting comment. what it tells me is that an instinct inside guillermo didnt TRUST the direction perlas was leading him....he was willing to walk down the road & try & see & be open minded, but he didnt give himself over to it. If we asked mancini, i highly doubt HE would've said coria kept him at arms distance. we even saw this at the USO, that guille would go to the trainer & not to perlas. so...just more signs that this is the right progress...

Last edited by daze11 : 02-08-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #200
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Well...with a coach or without a coach I hope Guille will build up his confidence and return to the courts...because he is missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #201
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

I miss his great tennis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #202

I also miss Guille playing tennis! Seems like it's coach changing time now. Andy will now be coached by his brother John.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #203
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
star, ME TOO!!!!! Borg is god. and vilas, not so far behind!! for me it was evert & borg, or i wouldnt have gotten into tennis at ALL (and i mean that)... i also think if not for guille, my interest in pro tennis today (not the sport, but all the hype of the pro game) would be cut in half.
I guess it was very common in our generation, who wasn't a Borg fan at the time? He brought me to tennis too, he was my idol when I was a kid.
But I never was a Vilas fan. The whole "personage" was interesting, but I found his game so boring. The final Wilander-Vilas in Roland-Garros was awful! I prefer Wilander and Vilas by far now. I do like them, just not as tennis players!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #204
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
i thought about this and its an interesting comment. what it tells me is that an instinct inside guillermo didnt TRUST the direction perlas was leading him....he was willing to walk down the road & try & see & be open minded, but he didnt give himself over to it. If we asked mancini, i highly doubt HE would've said coria kept him at arms distance. we even saw this at the USO, that guille would go to the trainer & not to perlas. so...just more signs that this is the right progress...
I completely agree, I find all the comments made now about the working relationship with Perlas very interesting too and I don't understand why he kept practicing with Perlas during the off season. It seems so obvious that none of them was happy with the situation.
He lost some precious time there and he has to "make up" for it now, the timing is pretty bad with the tournament in Buenos Aires next week.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #205
country flag Truc

No tennis news, but some new gossip!
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...nota_id=779165
The article revives the rumours of problems in the Argentinian DC team because of Guille's lack of team spirit, says his non-selection because of his lack of form is just a "camouflage". With a comment of Gaudio as a special bonus ("aunque no ande bien, Coria es un crack y los cracks siempre tienen que estar")!
You can find the translation (and the explanation of the statement!) in the Gaudio forum.

Last edited by Truc : 02-09-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #206
country flag daze11

Quote:
No tennis news, but some new gossip!
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...nota_id=779165
The article revives the rumours of problems in the Argentinian DC team because of Guille's lack of team spirit, says his non-selection because of his lack of form is just a "camouflage". With a comment of Gaudio as a special bonus ("aunque no ande bien, Coria es un crack y los cracks siempre tienen que estar")!
You can find the translation in the Gaudio forum if you're interested.
i dont know ... he didnt seem to be insulting guille, as he said, "even if coria's not playing well, he's a crack player and the crack players must be on the team." which sounds like a poor english translation.... crack must be slang for 'top' or 'crack the whip' ... but considering ROGER FEDERER didnt play every round for HIS team (a team which really will die without him), the attitude about undying allegiance to davis cup is foolhardy.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #207
country flag Truc

Gaudio's comment is obviously a criticism. Or how do you understand it?
He perfectly knows how Guille is playing now, it's a complete joke to say Guille should be in the team. You know I like Gaudio, but that comment seems really unnecessary.
(I think "crack" means "top player", at least that's what we say in French, I guess it's the same in Spanish).
Old 02-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #208
country flag daze11

Quote:
Gaudio's comment is obviously a criticism. Or how do you understand it?
He perfectly knows how Guille is playing now, it's a complete joke to say Guille should be in the team. You know I like Gaudio, but that comment seems really unnecessary.
(I think "crack" means "top player", at least that's what we say in French, I guess it's the same in Spanish).
everyone has their own ideas about what people SHOULD do within their profession, so stating their opinion is not a criticism. someone could say to gaston, "a crack player should NOT say he wants to LEAVE the court after going down 0-6 1-5 in the final of a grand slam" but obviously, gaudio thought that was ok at the time. but its true that guille CAN beat quite a few players right now if he chose to try. but thats not the only way people make decisions, thank god.

i think mauresmo took the best tact in such a situation where the press is pushing you to make a comment, "Am i going to create a controversy about that right now? No."

anyone who has a clue about where guille's head is right now knows, if they were him, they would not get on court in that situation right now. if they put themselves in his shoes and still say they would, they are lying.

Last edited by daze11 : 02-09-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #209
country flag Truc

I understand what you mean, but I'm still not convinced though. This time, everybody (the Coria fans and the Coria haters) seemed to agree on the fact that it was better to play this tie without Coria. It sounds pretty hypocritical to me to say now he should have been in the team. Whatever he does, it's the wrong thing.

(I love the answer of Mauresmo too after the final, but she kind of made a comment, even though she says she doesn't want to start a controversy: "I don't want to really comment on that. I was ready to die on the court today. That's just the way I was coming out on the court this afternoon. So that's it." – anyway, it's easy to be classy when you're winning! )
Old 02-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #210
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

yes, crack is something like an ace round here, I don't think that Gato's statement was a criticism, but maybe I'm so naive...

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote