*guillermo coria NEWS thread* - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #181
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *guillermo coria NEWS thread*

That's basic knowledge if you want to read in the Coria forum, Adam!
After having beaten Coria in Madrid, the journalists asked Gonzo if he was happy about the match and he answered: "Yes, I'm very happy because Coria is the most disliked player on the tour and when he plays, the entire locker room is hoping that he'll lose." Then they asked another question about the match and he said again he was so happy because everybody on the tour wants Guille to lose. It was embarrassing, frankly, that's all he was able to say about the match!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #182
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't used to come here much, I'm beginning to come more now though

I remember that actually. I think he was just bitter after that Miami match. One of my favourite Guille matches, it was great
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:19 PM   #183
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Why is the Argentine press writing very negative articles about Guille?
"Very negative" was too strong, there were for example articles about "The fall of G. Coria" because he's not in the DC team, I think his non-selection is a little bit "overdramatized". I'm the first one to say he played poorly at the AO, but I don't think it is such a big deal with the DC. Let's see first how he's doing on clay.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #184
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
I remember that actually. I think he was just bitter after that Miami match. One of my favourite Guille matches, it was great
I think it also goes back to the story with Massu at the US Open. Gonzo wanted to defend his big chum Massu.
And it was his first win over Guille after so many years, you could feel all his frustration in that press conference, it was rather funny, actually!
But Guille felt a little bit offended and wasn't too happy.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #185
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Since when does Guille care what other people think of him
Old 02-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #186
country flag Truc

The way he responded to Gonzo, I think he does care a little bit, you know. Not about what his opponents think of him, but what they say to the press about him. He mentions that pretty often in his interviews (I know, he also does because he's asked about it all the time).
Old 02-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #187
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

I suppose. I guess it's not particularly nice if people are always saying bad stuff about you (I wouldn't know, people only ever say nice things about me).
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #188
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that on GM.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #189
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Lucifer doesn't count, his opinion means nothing
Old 02-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #190
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Since when does Guille care what other people think of him
i think he doesnt care in general, but no one on earth would not care if they sense all the people they deal with (fellow players in the lockerroom and the press, and god forbid, the world-wide audiences) really not liking you. Thats a little bit more pressure than 'this reporter said THAT' or 'mary deedeldum doesnt like you'...i'm sure it would bother him alot. he'd have to be psychopathic to fully ignore it.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #191
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
he'd have to be psychopathic to fully ignore it.
So true. Can't ignore that much and not be crazy.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #192
country flag Truc

There is an article about Guille in Clarin:
"Coria debe recuperar la alegría perdida" (http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/02...es/d-06010.htm)
If I got it right, Guille is practicing with Capitaine and Diego Moyano in Venado Tuerto and nobody knows yet who will be his next coach. It won't be Rodriguez (for personal reasons, Rodriguez has a baby and doesn't want to travel around the world). Maybe Guille will just take a coach for the big tournaments, like Roche with Federer or Mastelli with David. Most of all, he needs a change to enjoy again his tennis.

But the Spanish speakers can probably tell us more.
Julio wrote in GM he heard on radio that Guille is practicing with the rest of the DC team, so I'm not sure the article is "up to date".
As for the Davis Cup, all the articles I've seen say that Chucho will probably be the first option if Gaudio can't play, not Guille.
But Gaudio isn't officially out yet anyway.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #193
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Guille! I hope he finds a new coach...and fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #194
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
After having beaten Coria in Madrid, the journalists asked Gonzo if he was happy about the match and he answered: "Yes, I'm very happy because Coria is the most disliked player on the tour and when he plays, the entire locker room is hoping that he'll lose." Then they asked another question about the match and he said again he was so happy because everybody on the tour wants Guille to lose. It was embarrassing, frankly, that's all he was able to say about the match!
God...how could he say those things about Guillermo? It's so stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #195
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea
Poor Guille! I hope he finds a new coach...and fast!
Me!