*guillermo coria NEWS thread* - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #136
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *guillermo coria NEWS thread*

The "La Nacion" article and interview does an analysis of Guille´s actual tennis and serve problems, but the most important part is that is says he was seen practising a lot the serve. It also says that if he continues being a top ten player while dealing with this is because of his fighting spirit and his talent.

In the interview part Guillermo says that other would be the result if he would serve different (obviously) and that he is worried and trying to do everything possible to change the situation. That it´s not something he can explain, that he doesn´t have excuses, he has got to prove it on court.
He says that it obviously makes more difficult winning his service games, but that last year he lost more easily and now he keeps on fighting. He says this is a challenge, he wants to be a complete player. It has been an year serving like this and all the attention around this (don´t know how to translate this exactly) obviously puts more pressure on him. He says to that he talked this with Perlas and "hay que seguir"...."it has to go on". (don´t know exactly what he means.... I would say it´s pretty meaningless Something like "go on trying", "go on fighting", etc, etc)

I´ll try to translate this as exactly as I can.

-Is there a change that you split with Perlas?
- It would be disrespectful saying it´s his fault, because the serve is my problem. And neither is good thing making what could happen public and any desition I take I´ll speak about it with him. Now I am disappointed I lost, but you don´t have to rush.

And then he talks about Davis Cup and how other players (Chela, Nalbandian, Gaudio) are better than him in this moment. He also says he is realistic and sincere and he would like to be in the team, but the ones who are playing better have to play the tie.

That would be the most important things...

Last edited by lau : 01-23-2006 at 02:03 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #137
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

It's very nice from you, psicho, but I think you can spare your energy this time (all the more if you're so busy!)

Thank you so much for doing this, lau, it's great!
I'm glad he says that about the Davis Cup. I mean, it's obvious, but it's nice to say it so clearly.
I think he can forget the Davis Cup for a while anyway, the way Jürgen Melzer has been playing lately, I don't fancy the chances of the Austrian team against Croatia in the 1st round and I'm not too fond of seeing Guille playing against Ljubicic and Ancic indoors in 2 months!

As for the coaching change, I'm all for it, but I hope it's just a rumour with Rodriguez!!! Guille needs more than ever a real coach, somebody like Perlas or Mancini, with real coaching skills, technical knowledge, etc. You don't become a tennis coach just like that!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #138
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Clarin confirms today that he is no longer working with Perlas:
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/01...es/d-01505.htm
Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #139
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

yup, Perlas quited...we'll see...

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #140
country flag Truc

An interview of Perlas in Olé:
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...?pagId=1129442
"It was my decision"

He told Coria before leaving Melbourne that he didn't want to coach him anymore and Guille agreed.
The results last year were better than expected, but they also rushed a few things. Guille's results in the first part of the year were "excellent" and they had too high expectations then.
The key matches were against Nadal in Rom and Ginepri at the US Open. He could have won both and it was fundamental for his confidence.
About the problems with the serve: he must continue working, especially outside the tennis court. He's been working with a professional psychologist recently.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #141
country flag Truc

An article about Perlas in LaNacion:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/cobertura...nota_id=774824
But nothing really new (it was supposed to be a long-term collaboration, the positive aspect is that he was physically much stronger last year, but the serve, the confidence, blablabla...) They mention the rumour with Rodriguez too.

The interview with Mancini about the DC is more interesting imo, he's also talking about Guille: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...nota_id=774541
He says Guille shouldn't have said the other ones are better than him at the moment, because he (= Mancini) has to make such decisions, not the players, but he understands why Guille said that since he's having such a bad time.
Concerning his serve, he also says it's mental. At one time or another, there will be a "trigger" in his mind and the problem will disappear. Guille never won matches with his serve. By trying to improve it, he lost his confidence and now he is obsessed by it.
At the end of the interview, he strongly denies the rumours about the tensions in the DC team, it is not true that David wanted to exclude Guille from the team and he would never accept this attitude anyway.

"Acaba de enterarse de las declaraciones de Guillermo Coria ("Hay jugadores que están mejor que yo, como Gaudio, Chela y Nalbandian, y sería injusto de mi parte pretender ser titular. Soy realista y sincero: quiero estar en el equipo, pero si no estoy bien tiene que jugar el que esté mejor"), y no parece estar muy convencido al respecto: "No creo que un jugador tenga que decir eso. Obviamente está pasando por un momento muy difícil y debe sentirse mal, por ahí lo manifiesta de esa manera. Preferiría que no lo dijera, y sólo ser yo el que toma la decisión, pero lo entiendo, está pasando por un momento difícil".
-Vos lo entrenaste. ¿Cómo ves sus problemas con el saque?
-Creo que pasa por lo mental. Eso lo lleva a cometer errores técnicos, tiene que ver con una cuestión de confianza nula en el saque, porque se pone muy tenso y eso lo empuja a esos errores que no lo dejan sacar. Tiene que estar el trabajo técnico, claro, pero en algún momento hará un clic y va a encontrarse de nuevo con el saque; no le veo muchas explicaciones. Coria es un jugador que nunca ganó con el saque, me parece que en su intento por mejorarlo perdió la confianza en algún momento y fue derivando en esto. Está tan tenso pensando en que tiene que meterla, que no puede soltarse; eso es de la cabeza.
(...)
Hubo rumores acerca de que Nalbandian te habría pedido la exclusión de Coria del equipo?
-Sí, los escuché. Pero no, para nada. En primer lugar, no sucedió, y si pasara, jamás lo aceptaría. Hay veces que la prensa es amarillista y dice cosas que atentan contra el equipo. Yo creo que si hay un problema interno, corresponde que se hable puertas adentro y allí va a aparecer la solución. Pero insisto, jamás aceptaría un planteo así."

(As usual, it's just what I understood, feel free to correct, complete, translate...!)

Last edited by Truc : 01-24-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #142
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
An interview of Perlas in Olé:
he must continue working, especially outside the tennis court. He's been working with a professional psychologist recently.
YES!!!! guille did try a psychologist before, but it really HAS TO BE the RIGHT person, or it wont work. but he shouldnt have given up on it and i will be pleased to learn if he has found someone he thinks he can trust to see his situation correctly and who can understand how his mind functions without trying to change it fundamentally, but help him see clearer what his OWN decisions and attitudes are, and let him learn how to walk through them himself.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #143
country flag Truc

But we should wait for the confirmation of a Spanish speaker, I'm not sure that's what he says because Guille said in the other interview he doesn't want to work with a psychologist.
Maybe I got it wrong? It's the last question of the interview:
"¿Ayudaría incorporar un psicólogo al equipo para solucionar ese tema?
—Claro, y en este último tiempo ha estado trabajando un profesional junto a él."
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #144
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But we should wait for the confirmation of a Spanish speaker, I'm not sure that's what he says because Guille said in the other interview he doesn't want to work with a psychologist.
Maybe I got it wrong? It's the last question of the interview:
"¿Ayudaría incorporar un psicólogo al equipo para solucionar ese tema?
—Claro, y en este último tiempo ha estado trabajando un profesional junto a él."
Maybe he (Guillermo) doesn´t want to make it public I can imagine Guillermo thinking that, to tell you the truth...
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #145
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm putting my name forward to be Guille's new coach
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #146
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

My plans for Guille......

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=66811
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #147
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

good plans, adee...i think this new partnership will work.

i had some positive thoughts about all this serve stuff today though.... you know, he lost those matches (RG 03 semi & RG 04 final, and arguably the 05 rome f & uso qf) with putting too much pressure on himself from the outside scenerio, rather than just staying with his head in the court and finishing his play.

this serving issue can be seen as actually finally DEALING with his real issues of putting his head up into the stands rather than keeping his eyes in his own body and staying in the moment. in other words, by going so far into an embarrassing/distracting type of situation like this DF'ing, it may cure him completely of that whole tendency. When he licks this, he will have pulled himself thorugh the bigger issues too.

Just a guess...but i think sometimes thats how it works.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #148
country flag patcoriafan

patcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond reputepatcoriafan has a reputation beyond repute

heres another interview with perlas

"La decisión fue mía"

El coach español le contó a Olé que le comunicó a Coria la determinación de no seguir tras el partido con el francés Grosjean. "No me necesitaba", dijo.

Desde Barcelona, recién llegado de Melbourne, el español Josep Perlas charla con Olé. Sus respuestas no sorprendieron, ya que su desvinculación del equipo de Guillermo Coria era un hecho. Sin embargo, la crudeza de sus declaraciones revelaron una realidad poco habitual en el mundo del tenis: esta vez, fue el entrenador quien dejó a su pupilo.

—Ya no es el coach de Coria...

—No, no lo soy, es cierto. Hablé con Guillermo antes de salir de Melbourne y le comuniqué que no seguiría acompañándolo.

—¿Usted tomó la decisión?

—Así es, la decisión fue mía.

—¿Qué razones lo llevaron a tomar esta determinación?

—Me di cuenta de que Guillermo no me necesitaba, no era principal mi participación en el equipo.

—¿En esa decisión, tuvo algo que ver su flojo saque?

—Para nada. Esas sólo son circunstancias de un partido.

—¿Cómo le cayó la noticia de su ida a Guillermo?

—Lo entendió perfectamente. No era nuevo lo que le expliqué, lo veníamos hablando hace tiempo.

Cuando arrancaron juntos, a principios de noviembre del 2004, Perlas definió a Coria como "un ganador" y el santafesino dijo que quería que Josep fuera su entrenador por "el resto de mi carrera". Hoy, un año y dos meses después, el español sigue considerando a su ex dirigido como un jugador que puede pelear el número uno. "Estoy convencido de eso, tiene condiciones para serlo. El año pasado, después de volver de una operación, estuvo siempre sexto, muy cerca de los de arriba, excepto de Federer y Nadal, que fueron casi invencibles", recuerda Perlas.

—¿Qué balance hace de este proceso junto a Coria?

—Fue positivo, superamos con creces los objetivos, pero nos precipitamos en algunas cosas...

—¿En qué cosas?

—Como veíamos que Guillermo había tenido un primer semestre excelente, le exigimos mejores resultados de los que realmente podía tener. Hubo dos momentos clave: la final contra Nadal en Roma y los cuartos de final contra Ginepri en el US Open. Haberlos ganado habría sido fundamental, habría sumado confianza extra. Esos dos partidos dieron un vuelco total a lo que habíamos hecho durante todo el año.

—¿Qué aspectos de su juego modificaron en este tiempo?

—Ahora, el juego de Guillermo es mucho más ofensivo que antes y, hasta mitad del 2005, había mejorado notoriamente su saque, pero a partir del US Open hubo un retroceso en ese aspecto.

—¿Cómo se soluciona el problema de las doble faltas?

—Trabajando, más fuera de la cancha que dentro de ella. Tiene que seguir adelante y superar este momento. Le deseo lo mejor.

—¿Ayudaría incorporar un psicólogo al equipo para solucionar ese tema?

—Claro, y en este último tiempo ha estado trabajando un profesional junto a él. Pero mejorar el servicio dependerá de Guillermo, es él quien debe esforzarse en mejorar su técnica y recuperar la confianza perdida. Nadie puede solucionar este problema si él no responde adentro de la cancha.

Guillermo Coria

Guille is back....!!!!

Magic Everywhere

Vamos magoooo

Supporting ...

Coria-Gasquet-Roddick-Moya-Ferrrero-Monaco-Acasusso-Blake-Murray-Ancic
patcoriafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #149
country flag Truc

As expected, Guille isn't in the team for the first DC tie against Sweden (Nalbandian, Gaudio, Calleri, Chela).
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #150
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As expected, Guille isn't in the team for the first DC tie against Sweden (Nalbandian, Gaudio, Calleri, Chela).
Coria should have been in the team, IMO. Even in one leg, and serving like my grandma, is better than Chela on clay