Questions about attending Roland Garros - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2005, 05:45 AM   #1
mishar

mishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions about attending Roland Garros

Hi! It seems that I might be in Europe in May and I was thinking of trying to go to one or two days at Roland Garros.

I've been to the US Open many times, but never to another grand slam. Can anyone offer me some advice? Should I buy the tickets directly through the tournament or are they already sold out? Should I buy them from scalpers on the street?

Do you need separate tickets to go to Phillipe Chartrier or Suzanne Lenglen or court 1? Or is Court 1 part of the grounds pass?

If I go, I'd probably go the Sunday-Monday in the middle -- 4th round/Qf time.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated.

mishar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #2
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about attending Roland Garros

I may have an extra ticket for Sunday if you would like it. Otherwise, be careful, if you want tickets for Sunday i can probably pick them up for you at the gates, if it is not too late to order them with the registration form. otherwise, there is no way you will score tickets for the weekend once the tournament has started.. the scalpers will have eaten all the tickets up already. you can pm me and leave your phone number, id be happy to school you on all I know about RG. Ive been going for many years multiple days so i consider myself pretty knowledgeable.
FrogBurger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
mishar

mishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond reputemishar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much! I'm rushing out now but I'll PM you later. Appreciate it!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute

ALL SINGLE WOMEN FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR TICKETS.. Ok Im opening it up to all Human Beings who are not evil facists may also contact me for tickets, since your single women havent contacted me. Ok, married women are ok too.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Mishar - if you go to the Roland Garros Forum in "More Tournaments" there is a really long thread called something like "Roland Garros Tipa and Practical Info" - which is written mainly by people who have been attending the tourney for years. It got a bit silly towards the end (like many things on MTF do!), but the first 3 or 4 pages are full of interesting stuff. One important tip -tickets in the ballot for the general public went on sale 2 weeks ago - so if you want a main court ticket that you don't have to pay big money for through the touts for - then you had better get in very quickly. You can download a booking form from their web-site http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/en/Frame_RG.html and I advise you post it off straijhtaway to get any chance. Final and semi-finals etc will almost certainly be gone already. Good Luck. If you want any more specific information I would be happy if you want to PM me - I don't live in Paris but I've been to RG every year for longer than I care to remember!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 03-18-2005 at 03:51 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
FrogBurger

I agree with everything Rosie says. Youre kinda late for the general public form, but theres always next year. General admission passes are still easy to get, but if you want to go to the saturday, better hurry up, if the weather is good that weekend you'll never get tickets.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Mishar - if you go to the Roland Garros Forum in "More Tournaments" there is a really long thread called something like "Roland Garros Tipa and Practical Info" - which is written mainly by people who have been attending the tourney for years. It got a bit silly towards the end (like many things on MTF do!), but the first 3 or 4 pages are full of interesting stuff. One important tip -tickets in the ballot for the general public went on sale 2 weeks ago - so if you want a main court ticket that you don't have to pay big money for through the touts for - then you had better get in very quickly. You can download a booking form from their web-site http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/en/Frame_RG.html and I advise you post it off straijhtaway to get any chance. Final and semi-finals etc will almost certainly be gone already. Good Luck. If you want any more specific information I would be happy if you want to PM me - I don't live in Paris but I've been to RG every year for longer than I care to remember!!
It only got 'silly' because there was nothing to say about RG, and people didn't wish to participate in the countdown. I still advise threads to be posted there about it, than in GM.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

well, I only had my ticket application form last Friday - and so did my friend as well. It seemed really late this year.

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #9
mishar

Thanks so much for the advice! The dates I would go would be Sunday, Monday and Tuesday -- the 1/8 and QFs. I know for the Sunday the best I could do would be Court 1 - but do you think if I sent my general public application form now (from New York) it's possible I could get Lenglen/Chartrier tickets for Monday and Tuesday?

Thanks! I'm going to go read that other thread now.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishar
Thanks so much for the advice! The dates I would go would be Sunday, Monday and Tuesday -- the 1/8 and QFs. I know for the Sunday the best I could do would be Court 1 - but do you think if I sent my general public application form now (from New York) it's possible I could get Lenglen/Chartrier tickets for Monday and Tuesday?

Thanks! I'm going to go read that other thread now.
I think you've left it a bit too later Mishar but there's no harm in trying. One point to note - there are always plenty of tickets available outside the grounds from the touts, and I guess if you've travlled all this way and money isn't a problem then that would be one option. Good Luck.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 03-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
mishar

Thanks Rosie! I'll try and see what happens. Their website says as of March 20 there are still some tickets available and so I'll send in the reservation form.

It's strange that they don't have a system where you can actually just buy the tickets online with a credit card.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Rosie! I'll try and see what happens. Their website says as of March 20 there are still some tickets available and so I'll send in the reservation form.

It's strange that they don't have a system where you can actually just buy the tickets online with a credit card.
It's pretty good really, compared with Wimbledon - it's pretty impossible to get tickets out of the ballot nowadays, and you only get one pair, no choice of day or court.

I applied for RG tickets when the form came out (7th March) but haven't heard anything yet. Guess there's still a couple of weeks to wait.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:

Well must admit I don't think it's strange, because Wimbledon doesn't do that either. Both Wimby and Roland Garros are so heavily over-subscribed (Wimbledon is sold out by February each year apart from the few seats they set aside for daily queuers), and it would be unfair on those who don't have Internet access to make tickets available that way - it would probably crash their system too!!

Old 03-20-2005, 02:52 PM   #14
mishar

Well perhaps they could reserve a block of seats to be sold via internet, and the rest for those who mail in the forms.

Btw, Rosie, I see you're a great fan of David, as am I. I just saw the other day that the Tennis Channel here is planning on running a 1/2 hour interview with him soon -- they showed clips from it, and he looked um... fantastic in his shorts and sleeveless shirt laughing away! :-)