What are your thoughts on abortion? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #61
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

I'm against
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #62
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
No, I think you are poor at arguing. I have been giving biological arguments here because I wanted to refute Verd & Dutchie's assertion that they were speaking from the lofty heights of biology. They weren't and I called them on it.

Which is why I don't even try to do that. But I can discuss things from the biological perspective, especially when some pseudoscientists like Dutchie & Verd come on here, plaster their biology "credentials" all over the forum, and start spouting nonsense.
Want me to mail you my PhD?
Don't worry, I won't, you'd probably dismiss it anyways. As you don't "believe". And that's all that matters, isn't it?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #63
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Men

I'm sure if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortion would be legal the way erectile dysfunction is covered by insured but birth control isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verd View Post
2. As a person who cares about numbers, I find it ridiculous the way partial-birth abortions are brought up by anti-choice advocates as a scare tactic, when the absolute FACT is that only a fraction of a percentage point of abortions are late-term/partial-birth.
As always, I agree with you and I just felt the need to point out, with regards to your second point, that probably 99.999% cases of late term/partial-birth abortions are done by couples where the child is WANTED but due to medical or life-threatening circumstances or either mother, child or both, delivering the child to full term would be borderline impossible. There are PLENTY of stories of couples who considered themselves pro-life, yet discovered at the end of the second or the beginning of the third trimester that the fetus was severely deformed and would either eventually die in utero, die shortly after birth, die during delivery or the mother AND child would die in delivery, etc.

Late term abortions are almost always done for medical purpose and almost always done by parents who have to make heart wrenching choices about terminating a WANTED pregnancy because the outcome of the pregnancy will have almost certainly fatal consequences for the child, mother or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.

Last edited by Pirata. : 11-09-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #64
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
Gypsies in Eastern Europe and African Americans in the US are disproportionately involved in crime in those areas of the world.

2.) Partial birth abortions have zero justification. At late term, if the mother's heath is endangered it is just as easy to induce labor or perform a C-section as to dismember a mature fetus in the womb or remove the body (keeping the head in the uterus) and suck out the brains with a vacuum. Partial birth abortions are always done because the mother want's to get rid of the fetus and never because of "her health."
You are utterly disgusting.

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #65
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there was another thread on this here somewhere from a few years back. I'm pro abortion (in the very early stages), as I believe women should have the right to choose, and taking that away will end up with women either trying ways to abort the fetus themselves or going to backstreet 'doctors' who end up making a mess and killing them.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #66
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

How about everyone in this thread that defends abortion go back in the time and abort themselves?

We could even make a movie of it, putting this as the front cover:

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #67
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Men

I'm sure if men were the ones getting pregnant, abortion would be legal the way erectile dysfunction is covered by insured but birth control isn't.
I am a man and I think abortion should be 100% legal and encouraged Furthermore, I am far from a feminist, in fact I have been labeled a sexist pig more than once.

I think too many people are still clinging to religious beliefs that life is somehow "sacred". It isn't. Whether one more or one less person is born is of very little consequence when the world is severly overpopulated already.

Abortion may or may not be murder, depending on your particular religious or ethical view, but in the end does it really matter? We have overpopulated this planet already, so one more abortion is only to the benefit in the long run.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #68
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

^^
That's because guys like you and Verd have common sense about this issue, which sadly, other posters in this thread--and probably millions of men AND women worldwide, mostly religious, but not all--are lacking

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #69
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

I won't do it unless in rap* or medical conditions cause I am not going to end my son/daughter existence, but it's up to every woman.
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #70
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verd View Post
Yup. If those who say they truly care about ~life~ and ending abortions actually want to help, they would be for free and easy-to-access contraception, free healthcare for all so that no woman would ever have to go into poverty to bring a child who wasn't 100% healthy into the world, and abolishment of corporal punishment. Then I might take these anti-choice cranks and their claims to be "pro-life" far more seriously
What a huge amount of meaningless demagogery for dummies.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #71
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I won't do it unless in rap* or medical conditions cause I am not going to end my son/daughter existence, but it's up to every woman.
Do we have an "r" word now? Is there no limit to Bowdler's influence?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #72
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
I'm disappointed that all of you overlooked the only encouraging and positive post in this thread:
I couldn't pick up the quote you were quoting, but the reason a lot of doctors won't do procedures like that when a person is very young is because later in life they may change their minds. That happened to a cousin of mine. My feelings on abortion is only if the mother's life is in danger and in the case of ****. The Forum rightly doesn't like that word, but I think all of you can figure it out.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #73
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

W**t the **** does **** mean?

Where is it ever stated that **** is a forbidden word on MTF? It surely has not sunk that low yet?

EDIT:I don't believe it. I can write fuck as much as I like and somehow when I write epar backwards it gets turned into ****. This indeed is MTF at the lowest point in its existence. Are adults forbidden to speak in here? Is it now a forum for pre-teens only? Utterly infantile behaviour by whatever child has decided to insult people for behaving like adults.

Whoever thought up this example of idiocy must surely be given the ass clown crown for all eternity. I still don't believe this is possible. FUCK FUCK FUCK **** **** ****

What dumb asshole has taken the responsibility to turn us all into simpering babies in a playpen? That person must go on the grounds of suffering from terminal political incorrectness.

The only thing that has been ***** here is common sense.

Can we have a thread to discuss why such babylike rules are imposed on the members? Will the person who decides these things step forward and explain the policy. Can he/she explain how the world is a better place by censoring simple nouns? Is the world safer now that we are forbidden to talk about a crime? Does not talking about it make it go away?

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-10-2011 at 11:27 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #74
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

haha yep, that's MTF for you.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #75
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I have read on other Forums that the Forums themselves are set up to do this **** to certain words. A poster was trying to post a story about a person with the last name Dick and the Forum put in ****. But see this Forum allowed the word Dick. I think you need to talk to the Mods/Admins. about this.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote