What are your thoughts on abortion? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #16
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?

I dislike abortion, but still think that there are limits to our right to impose a world view on people who don't share it. I find abortion easier to accept in those very few occasions (****, risk for the mother's health, really serious malformations on the fetus) where I myself have doubts over what decision I would take if it were to happen to myself, and therefore completely refrain from judging the mother, whatever she chooses. In other less extreme situations, I definitely don't like it, but as I said before, society has to be ruled by laws that allow the coexistance of people with different mentalities, when ruling over shady areas (like when exactly does an embryo become a being with rights that must be upheld by society) around which a clear-cut stance that is accepted by all is imposible to be reached.

Abortion is always sad and always implies a failure. However, maximalist options, on both sides of the issue, would amount to tyranny: I don't think any sane person would defend that a mother has absolute, unbridled rights over the life of the foetus right up to the moment of birth; likewise, most sane persons would agree that forcing a mother to carry on with her recent pregnancy against her will does entail some innaceptable interference with such a private aspect of her life as to constitute a tyrannical invasion on her privacy. A consensus has to be reached somewhere between both extremes.
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Was thinking about this today after hearing about Herman Cain's stance on the issue and thought I'd see if there's a thread about this subject .

Any other thoughts?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

It's entirely necessary and should be 100% legal.

As a side note, despite strongly supporting abortion, I deeply dislike many abortion rights activists themselves. First off, the terms like "pro-choice" and "woman's right to choose" instead of pro-abortion are cowardly. You are aborting a fetus, don't sugarcoat it. And like so many other reasonable political positions, too many disgusting people represent it. It sickens me how so many nasty man-hating leftist lesbians make up the leadership of abortion rights. It's like the beyond creepy Jack Kevorkian giving such a stigma to people supporting euthanasia or those arrogant atheists and agnostics who sue over the pledge of allegiance and making others look bad.

There's also a MASSIVE double standard here. A woman who doesn't want the child can abort, no matter what the man says. However, if she wants to keep the child and he doesn't, he still has to pay support with no say whatsoever. I love how people consider this the right to choose movement. It's more bullshit. Just like huge bias in custody disputes for women.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 11-08-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

its the most disguisting and the most disgraceful thing anyone can EVER do, if you dont want to have a baby use a condom or jus dont have sex at all, its simple ppl
Old 11-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I am against because I support Gaia, the mother earth and the fertility queen.

Also you can see why Hera was so ridiculous in ancient times: because she couldnt have a baby!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
its the most disguisting and the most disgraceful thing anyone can EVER do, if you dont want to have a baby use a condom or jus dont have sex at all, its simple ppl
What a load of shit.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

an utter disgrace.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #23
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

It's disgusting.

However of course there are some exceptions where I do think it can be justified:
- As result of a r***.
- Mother's life is at risk
- Baby will be badly disabled (or similar)
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Abortion is fine, as long as it's before a certain time early in the pregnancy.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,530,210 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-141...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #25
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of folks posting an opinion on a matter on which they have obviously no clue.

Just one thing to think about: do you guys honestly think that there is ONE woman in the entire world who thinks, "oh lookies, I'm pregnant and I don't want the kid, let's just hopp over to the doc this afternoon and get rid of it"?

In a massive majority of cases, it's a complete tragedy for all involved. There are plenty of situations where and when a woman gets pregnant by 'accident' (whatever that may be) and just cannot have a baby due to her personal circumstances.
Minimalizing abortion starts with proper education on all matters re: sex and anticonceptives to kids at a young age. It's no coincidence that the occurency of (legal or illegal) abortions is a lot, LOT higher in "prude" countries like the US (where there still seem to be a lot of areas where the naive and irrealistic concept of 'no sex till marriage' is taught ), compared to most countries in Europe where we think it's just a matter of proper sex education to youngsters in order to AVOID future abortions as much as possible.

Like I said, a tragedy indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

If there are emergencies, sure, go for it. But if people are going to use it as contraception because they are ridiculously irresponsible and lousy, I have no words.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #27
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Abortion is fine. Pro-life people are weird.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

One of the biggest issues in recent times in regards to abortion involves its relationship to divorce or separations. In recent times I've been reading reports about couples who want to have a child in a relationship (married and none-married) Then at one point in the relationship, when the pair run into some conflict (altercation that leads to the couple splitting or even an emotional one), this situation ends up creating lots of tensions because the woman who originally wanted to have a child with that man, can end up changing her mind about the child, while some men at least, seemed to want the child (even if they have problems with the mate), but can't because of the laws. Thought that was an interesting read.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #29
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
If there are emergencies, sure, go for it. But if people are going to use it as contraception because they are ridiculously irresponsible and lousy, I have no words.
Abortion as a way of contraception is, of course, horrible.
But don't forget the factor of a lack of proper education. In my country, when a woman enters a clinic more than once in a short period of time, that woman will surely get to hear something from her GP - to inform her about, and persuade her to use proper contraceptives. But you just don't want to know how many completely ignorant young girls just don't seem to have a clue, even when you'd think they'd "know" - "education by MTV", as its called over here.

Abortion might be a "killer", IGNORANCE is a far greater - and nastier - one.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #30
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
One of the biggest issues in recent times in regards to abortion involves its relationship to divorce or separations. In recent times I've been reading reports about couples who want to have a child in a relationship (married and none-married) Then at one point in the relationship, when the pair run into some conflict (altercation that leads to the couple splitting or even an emotional one), this situation ends up creating lots of tensions because the woman who originally wanted to have a child with that man, can end up changing her mind about the child, while some men at least, seemed to want the child (even if they have problems with the mate), but can't because of the laws. Thought that was an interesting read.
Such happens, yes. But the opposite occurs just the same (and even quite more often I think): MEN not wanting the kid (or rather, the responsibility of becoming a dad) and 'suddenly' running away, as soon as their GF becomes pregnant.

Again, a tragic situation for all involved.

Anathema