Who's going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's going?

I am not sure whether I'll go. I don't like the tournament, but if there are some good players I might decide to go one day. Hopefully Marco will play.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
country flag Dutchie

Dutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going?

Same over here.

And Marco could play - in that case i will go whatever day he will be there!
(i just only need to inform my boss about that haha)
Dutchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well he told me that he won't play Rosmalen for sure. The rest, he really doesn't know yet. Amersfoort definitely is an option, hopefully combining that with Hilversum and Scheveningen. Hilversum is a good Challenger ($100K I think?), with poor players, so he could do well in that field

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers

Old 03-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
country flag Dutchie

Dutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond repute

He told me he wanted to try to go to Amersfoort.
( after i had decided not to go this year...)
Old 03-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
MONSOON season.

Well I definitely won't have the luxury of being able to go more than like one day..

Old 05-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Entry list should have been out the past couple of days?
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
MONSOON season.

Let's speculate on the ranking of the last direct accepted player. My guess is it will be 130-something

Amersfoort has to compete with Indianapolis (IS >$600K) and Stuttgart (ISG >€600K). That means no American players, no big clay court players.. The list will be very weak

Old 05-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
country flag Dutchie

As long as Marco is there i will not complain

(be happy - it'll save you money, and if there aren't fave playrs you do't have to go to this bad tourney )
Old 05-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #9
country flag Dutchie

The site says Verkerk, Sluiter, Massu and Gonzalez will play this summer.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie
The site says Verkerk, Sluiter, Massu and Gonzalez will play this summer.
Yeah The same as last year. Massu bores me and Gonzalez & Verkerk annoy me

This were the players last year:
ARG
RUS
DUI
CHI
PER
ESP
ESP
CHI
ESP
ESP
ESP
FR

BEL
BEL
SUI
ESP
BRA
NED
NED
NED
NED
BEL
FR

I just hope Montañes, Rochus brothers, Vliegen and Behrend can play again. And Thomann, but well I can hope in vain with his ranking

Old 05-26-2005, 11:41 AM   #11
MONSOON season.

Last year's direct acceptance was #132 Well if it's worse this year, Marco might even get in

The qualifiers were good though (except Michal Przysiezny, but Jiri Vanek, Alejandro Falla and Peter Luczak are all good on clay). The doubles draw a bit disappointing I guess

I still long for the days of Amsterdam

Old 05-26-2005, 09:59 PM   #12
country flag Dutchie

The ony positive thing about Amersfoort is that it's a short travel for me

Nah, i have never been to the tourney when it was in A'dam so i can't give an honest answer to that.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #13
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie
The ony positive thing about Amersfoort is that it's a short travel for me

Nah, i have never been to the tourney when it was in A'dam so i can't give an honest answer to that.
Amsterdam had great atmosphere! I am a bit nostalgic when it comes to that, cause Amersfoort was such a huge disappointment when I went three years ago. Decided to skip it the year after cause of that experience. And last year just made things worse

How long a journey is it for you, Brenda? It's not that hard to get to (have to change trains twice and then the bus if I remember correctly). It's just a huge disappointment that you cannot watch the players practice, which is one of the things I like to do the most.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #14
country flag Dutchie

Yeah i agree. It's boring, when there is not a good match there is nothing you can do but wait for the next match...no fun shops, no trainings, etc...and most is for the VIP's...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:38 PM   #15
country flag Dutchie

By train it is only about 30 minutes

(and then the bus)