Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #46
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,139
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Why was Vucina banned?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #47
country flag Htom Sirveaux
Registered User
 
Htom Sirveaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 29
Posts: 3,477
Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Why was Vucina banned?
Utterly predictable. One of his last posts could be interpreted as intimidation, something that's not allowed on here.
__________________
Agassi | Nadal
Almagro | Coria | Ferrer | Haas | Nalbandian | Nishikori | Raonic | Robredo | Wawrinka
Bautista Agut | Bellucci | Blake | Dimitrov | Djokovic | Dodig | Ferrero | Fognini | Gasquet | Hewitt | Kohlschreiber | Murray | Rosol | Seppi | Tsonga | Tursunov
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #48
country flag Kiedis
Registered User
 
Kiedis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,459
Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

I guess this was already posted here:

Quote:
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong


01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
__________________
Free Edward Snowden | Free Brad Manning | Free SDG | Free CD

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-31-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #49
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Posts: 20,521
Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
Utterly predictable. One of his last posts could be interpreted as intimidation, something that's not allowed on here.
You'd have to be really thick to interpret it as intimidation... it was merely a hint to his (her?) surely outrageous fundamentalist beliefs about homosexuality.

Funny that even the hint of it was enough to get him banned...

Not sure that was the reason though, seeing as his post is still up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #50
country flag Julián Santiago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,343
Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
That's why we have national states and borders. Do and separate whatever the fuck you want in your own country. If your people wants gay parades, abolition of marriage, free drug use, abortion, total sexual freedom, or even human sacrifices, that's your choice. But don't expect that every nation on the planet thinks and wants the same.


It`s clearly impossible to dialogue with this dude.

Gay parades, abortion and sexual freedom mixed with human sacrifices?

Drugs and abolition of marriage? You have a lot of imagination dude



He is banned now He needs to keep speaking, he really does a favour to the cause of civil rights, people read someone like him and starts to think in another ways
__________________
Federer, Haas, Brian Baker.

Isner, Youznhy, Melzer, Verdasco, Bennetteau, Nieminen, Davydenko, Berlocq, Llodra, Stepanek, Hewitt, Carreño Busta, Fish, Lorenzi, Mahut, Mathieu, Blake, Becker, R. Ram, Ramírez Hidalgo, Karlovic, Chiudinelli, Petzchner.Tsonga, Wawrinka, Raonic, Tipsarevic, Robredo, Hanescu, Montañes, Sijsling, Kubot, F. López, Tursunov, Roger-Vasselin, Mannarino, , Pospisil, Stakhosvky, Gicquel, Hayek, Golubev, Dolgopolov, Kukushkhin, Rochus, Zverev, Ignatik, Phau, Ginepri, Guccione, Riba, Starace

Nestor, Mirnyi, Zimonjic, Marc López, Marach, Peya, Paes, Melo, Soares, Rojer, Marrero, Huey, Inglot, Lipsky, Fleming, Knowle, Sá, Marray, Nielsen, Hanley, Cermak, Dlouhy, Cabal, Farah, Bracciali, Butorac.
Julián Santiago is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #51
country flag Nunyabeezwax
Registered User
 
Nunyabeezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,580
Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

He wasn't stating anything that wasn't already made blatantly obvious by all the things he's said before on the subject.
__________________
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins...
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.



Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #52
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,139
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
He wasn't stating anything that wasn't already made blatantly obvious by all the things he's said before on the subject.
Just like the never ending threads on this subject which only serve to browbeat anyone who posts non politically correct opinions. Perhaps now is the time to give the whole subject a rest => /threads
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #53
country flag Nunyabeezwax
Registered User
 
Nunyabeezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,580
Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Just like the never ending threads on this subject which only serve to browbeat anyone who posts non politically correct opinions. Perhaps now is the time to give the whole subject a rest => /threads
No one is dragging you in here to read and or post on the subject. I thank you but reject your suggestion.

Just because vermin exist does not mean I'll stop having cheese around the house.

For someone so disinterested on the topic you seem to pay a lot of attention to it and are always coming to someone's defense.
__________________
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins...
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.




Last edited by Nunyabeezwax : 08-01-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #54
country flag Htom Sirveaux
Registered User
 
Htom Sirveaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 29
Posts: 3,477
Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
You'd have to be really thick to interpret it as intimidation... it was merely a hint to his (her?) surely outrageous fundamentalist beliefs about homosexuality.

Funny that even the hint of it was enough to get him banned...

Not sure that was the reason though, seeing as his post is still up.
Should have separated those two sentences in my last post. Utterly predictable that he'd get banned as pretty much all homophobic trolls get banned on here. They can't help themselves and usually end up crossing a line.

And when an appropriate response to a post is something along the lines of 'you don't scare me', I'd say that the post in question is probably at least borderline intimidation.

Still, I'm not the one who reported him; I quite like having his type around for sport.
__________________
Agassi | Nadal
Almagro | Coria | Ferrer | Haas | Nalbandian | Nishikori | Raonic | Robredo | Wawrinka
Bautista Agut | Bellucci | Blake | Dimitrov | Djokovic | Dodig | Ferrero | Fognini | Gasquet | Hewitt | Kohlschreiber | Murray | Rosol | Seppi | Tsonga | Tursunov
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #55
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,139
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
No one is dragging you in here to read and or post on the subject. I thank you but reject your suggestion.
No one has to drag any of us into a thread but I was under the assumption you were looking for a variety of opinions (even seemingly radical ones) instead of affirmations where your own biases are reinforced over and over. Yuck, that’s too syrupy for me as I’ve never needed that (why you won’t see me in the “who good repped you” thread ).

Second, with regards to my comment that these types of controversial but one-sided threads be sent to purgatory for awhile, I was addressing those who have the power to delete them, and not you. Please continue to start any thread which interests you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
Should I quit laying down fly paper and mouse traps around my house to catch pests and vermin just because I already know they're there?
Sadly, this is how the two camps can view each other when dialogue fails. Your words, not mine. Some of his words were unnecessarily provocative, but at the core (once you dispense with the preposterous analogies) he’s hit on the “fundamental” beliefs which influence many societies around the world. A previous poster mentioned that we have to “appreciate” everything which is different, whereas it’s more realistic to seek “tolerance.”

The Popester is essentially reaffirming the RCC’s historical stance to tolerate celibate homosexuality, and it’s the organization’s fundamental human right to be governed by any arbitrary social rules it decides to come up with. There’s a lot of odd stuff out there, whether it’s Scientology or Mormonism, or cat cults, or whatever, but it’s not for me or you to judge what goes on there, and what the requirements for membership are.

Don’t like it? Leave. Go to the club across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
For someone so disinterested on the topic you seem to pay a lot of attention to it and are always coming to someone's defense.
You’re assuming a lot there. Who said I was disinterested? It seems to bother you if I take an opposing view and agree with someone else. Why is that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #56
country flag Nunyabeezwax
Registered User
 
Nunyabeezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,580
Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

It is natural for me to assume that if someone wants a topic to no longer be posted about then they must not be interested in seeing or hearing about that topic. I still feel that's a safe assumption.

Notice I didn't tell Vucina he should stop posting in this thread, as he never said these threads should stop being posted. I, for one, don't think he should have been banned but I do not own this forum and there is no right to free speech here. I am more than game to argue with (yes, I'm saying it) homophobic people. It's one of my favorite past times. You can tell me I shouldn't call him homophobic because I must respect his opinion but I am going to RESPECT MY OWN OPINION first and foremost. It is my opinion that he is homophobic.

As for this whole "Don't like it, leave it" thing. I am not a Catholic. I am not a Christian at all. It's akin to me walking by a house painted badly and saying it should be repainted. I have no intention of going into the house. But it's ironic here. You keep questioning why people are banned. You criticize the moderators. Well if you don't like MTF, leave MTF.


This ethical relativism, this "respect his opinions" trope is tiring to me, and that seems to be just about your only response. The whole reason that there's even a need for debate is that opinions on the rights of people, by default, cannot be equally valid. You say it is not the time to judge the Catholic church. Fine, that is your opinion. I, however, CANNOT hold your opinion as equally valid to mine because it is my opinion that the Catholic Church SHOULD BE JUDGED. If opinions were equally valid then nothing in the world would ever change. You can say so and so needs to respect such and such all you want, but then no one would ever be "right" and no one would ever be "wrong." I do not buy into the absence of right and wrong in the world. You cannot tell me to respect someone else's opinion as relatively equal to mine, and in the same paragraph tell me not to judge the Catholic Church (which, as an integral part of their existence, judges people) and to disregard my own opinion of the Catholic Church.

In all honesty, Mr. Oracle, and with all due respect, you are nothing more to me than an avatar, some texts and some quaint attempts at ethical relativist arguments. You are not something or someone that can bother me. I assume I am the same to you. However it strikes me as humorous, and more importantly, hypocritical that you would chide me for trying to "press buttons" without chiding the other participant in this dance, as he would do well to avoid "pressing buttons" by avoiding the reduction of gays to mere participants in "butt sex." It seems clear to me that you work hard at appearing impartial yet your impartiality is rather evident. It is my opinion that you are hypocritical on this matter.

Those are my opinions and I assume you are going to respect them.
__________________
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins...
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.




Last edited by Nunyabeezwax : 08-01-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #57
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,139
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

There are many things we should criticize the RCC for, and I do from time to time. I've chosen not to on this forum, mostly because its shortcomings are obvious, and I find it tedious to state the obvious. Of course, you're entitled to voice any type of criticism, and the RCC or any other religious institution is completely within its legal rights to dismiss your criticism. Thank God for that . Personally I have no hate at all for gays, I'd afford them the same public rights as everyone else, while strictly monitoring their parades for public lewdness, and perhaps even be friendly with those who conduct themselves properly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 08-01-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #58
country flag Mr. Oracle
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,139
Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
There are far more people that are born into a religion than join a religion. They are raised with those beliefs and they become integral to who they consider themselves as people. These same people who have lifestyles that are in violation of the doctrines of their religion can, have, and will continue to push for changes from within their church. It's this push for change that has led to marriages between Catholics and non-Catholics being accepted as valid by the Church.
You're right. Sometimes change is a good thing. The church laymen were a leading factor in pushing for change in the position on slavery in the 60s.

As a non-catholic, I believe that a large part of what informs Catholic doctrine is the canon of scripture (the old and new testaments). St. Paul (or the "Apostle" Paul if one's a proddy,) was an early reformer who distinguished between the old testament laws governing the nation of Israel, and the new spiritual orientation of the new testament. He did away with many rigid rules (ie dietary) which had no real value in the new dispensation. The new faith is global, not confined to a small middle eastern country, and different rules apply. Nevertheless, Paul and his new testament successors were as equally critical of alternative lifestyles as the old testament prophets. This "slavish" devotion to the past, and the "holy writ," may seem like backwardness or superstition to the secular, but we have to recognize it for what it is: the 800 pound gorilla in the room stopping change.

It's also for these reasons, that the zealous but uncouth youth such as Vucina say that dispensing with that belief, compromises the entire faith. It is cannon, and dogma with a big D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
Is the Catholic Church no longer Christian because it does not call for the death of adulterers?

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."
Again, the old testament laws governing the ancient NATION of Israel do not automatically apply in the new testament. Scholars use tools such as exegesis and hermeneutics to separate and reconcile the old and new testaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
I'm still stymied as to why it's 2013 and women still can't enter the priesthood.
This is a hotly contested debate, and perhaps change is forthcoming here. I don't know.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th. But any problem cannot be found? is there nothing?  

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #59
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 11,443
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Just like the never ending threads on this subject which only serve to browbeat anyone who posts non politically correct opinions. Perhaps now is the time to give the whole subject a rest => /threads
Well, if it's PC expecting that people don't discuss using claims such as "butt sex makes your brain rot" and what not, then I guess we are PC. Though I'm sure it is possible to discuss and even be controversial without posting such things
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #60
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Posts: 20,521
Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Well, if it's PC expecting that people don't discuss using claims such as "butt sex makes your brain rot" and what not, then I guess we are PC. Though I'm sure it is possible to discuss and even be controversial without posting such things
Pure censorship.

Let people say what they want for goodness' sake. We're not eight-year-olds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios