Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
There's no need to push those buttons, if you want sincere discussion, and not flaming in your thread.
There's a way to have sincere discussion about "butt sex"?

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #32

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty much this. People need to realize that religious denominations are no different than other private clubs. Don't like the rules?--don't join. There are many other alternatives around. There are even churches that approve of practising homosexuality. If you swing that way, by all means join one! But don't call others haters because they don't agree with you!
There are far more people that are born into a religion than join a religion. They are raised with those beliefs and they become integral to who they consider themselves as people. These same people who have lifestyles that are in violation of the doctrines of their religion can, have, and will continue to push for changes from within their church. It's this push for change that has led to marriages between Catholics and non-Catholics being accepted as valid by the Church.

As for this comparison to private clubs, while it's true that private clubs can establish their own rules, these rules are frequently changed. Formerly racist clubs integrating non-whites. Exclusively male clubs allowing women. These changes came both from interior and exterior pressures. It's as if saying a man who wishes women to be able to join his club should not attempt to change the rules, rather he should have never joined the club in the first place.

Last edited by Nunyabeezwax : 07-31-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #33
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
There are far more people that are born into a religion than join a religion. They are raised with those beliefs and they become integral to who they consider themselves as people. These same people who have lifestyles that are in violation of the doctrines of their religion can, have, and will continue to push for changes from within their church. It's this push for change that has led to marriages between Catholics and non-Catholics being accepted as valid by the Church.

As for this comparison to private clubs, while it's true that private clubs can establish their own rules, these rules are frequently changed. Formerly racist clubs integrating non-whites. Exclusively male clubs allowing women. These changes came both from interior and exterior pressures. It's as if saying a man who wishes women to be able to join his club should not attempt to change the rules, rather he should have never joined the club in the first place.
Apparently, butt sex causes rotting of the brain. The Church can't change it's view on sodomy, because the Bible says it's a sin. Plain and simple. If they change it eventually, it will no longer be Christianity, and there will be no difference between the Church and some leftist party. What will be the point of the Church's existence then?
Catholic gays who are offended by anti-gay doctrines can always leave their Church and start a new one where they will be able to make a god after their own image and desires.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #34

Is the Catholic Church no longer Christian because it does not call for the death of adulterers?

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is the Catholic Church no longer Christian because it does not call for the death of adulterers?

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."
First, we need to clear a few things so there would be no confusion. I, being a Serb, am not Catholic and I don't have a favorable opinion on that organization. We were always bitterly opposed to them, and I'm not defending CC or the Pope here. I don't even agree with what he said.

Catholic Church doesn't call for stoning of the adulterers or gays. But they never said it's not a sin. And that's what the Pope said. Yet I've never heard adulterers complaining like you.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #36

Why would I care if you're Catholic, Serbian or anything else?

But since we're discussing our personal religions, I am not Catholic, far from it, and don't have any personal stake in the Catholic church's position on homosexuality, adultery or anything else. This is a newsworthy item to anyone who is a member of the Church, whether in support or opposition of gay rights. You seem to be the one protesting the most.
You point to the bible as proof that something is a sin, but then you choose to ignore what the bible prescribes as punishment for those sins. You pick and choose lines from a book to support your views. That's fine, do it all you want.

I'll simply take your last post as the response of someone who is out of responses.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
country flag vucina

Quote:
Why would I care if you're Catholic, Serbian or anything else?

But since we're discussing our personal religions, I am not Catholic, far from it, and don't have any personal stake in the Catholic church's position on homosexuality, adultery or anything else. This is a newsworthy item to anyone who is a member of the Church, whether in support or opposition of gay rights. You seem to be the one protesting the most.
You point to the bible as proof that something is a sin, but then you choose to ignore what the bible prescribes as punishment for those sins. You pick and choose lines from a book to support your views. That's fine, do it all you want.

I'll simply take your last post as the response of someone who is out of responses.
Indeed, butt sex causes rotting of the brain.
I thought I was clear in my post that I don't agree with the Pope, and I'm not defending the CC. I don't pick and choose and tolerance is not my thing.
I think you should be happy with the Pope's opinion, if you knew mine, you'd be shit scared.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #38

I can gather your opinion. I'm not scared of anyone, certainly not some guy half a world away that seems to compulsively type "butt sex."

I am happy with the Pope's words. I am not arguing his words, I'm arguing yours.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
Apparently, butt sex causes rotting of the brain. The Church can't change it's view on sodomy, because the Bible says it's a sin. Plain and simple. If they change it eventually, it will no longer be Christianity, and there will be no difference between the Church and some leftist party. What will be the point of the Church's existence then?
Catholic gays who are offended by anti-gay doctrines can always leave their Church and start a new one where they will be able to make a god after their own image and desires.
Well, maybe you have been having too much!

Can't the church change its view on anything if the pope just says so? Wasn't it about purgatory not so long ago?

There is already no point of the church's existence, in my opinion. It is the most backward private club on earth.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-31-2013 at 08:58 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed, butt sex causes rotting of the brain.
I thought I was clear in my post that I don't agree with the Pope, and I'm not defending the CC. I don't pick and choose and tolerance is not my thing.
I think you should be happy with the Pope's opinion, if you knew mine, you'd be shit scared.
What's that supposed to be? Some kind of threat?
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #41
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rotting of the brain? Really? Calling it "sodomy" it's a stretch, and you seem to ignore that heteresexual couples have anal sex too, not just gays.

Quote:
Like every church that was ever created did.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #42
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Well, maybe you have been having too much!

Can't the church change its view on anything if the pope just says so? Wasn't it about purgatory not so long ago?

There is already no point of the church's existence, in my opinion. It is the most backward private club on earth.
Seeing how the catholic church likes to invent stuff as they go along, it's funny to read that they can't change something.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He can't stop anyone from doing all that. He doesn't have the power.
You're just mad because he doesn't approve of it, and that's his God given right.
I'm not criticising his right (although I obviously don't think it's god given). I'm criticising what he does with that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesaurus View Post
How so? Free people are not equal and equal people are not free. There can be either equality or freedom, not both.
You're confusing equality with sameness.

We're talking about equality of rights here.

Quote:
As far as homosexuality being "natural" and all that, it is not. First of all "homosexuality" is an oxymoron. Sexuality derives from Latin which means to divide and same sex couples can't divide and procreate so sex is something that can only lead to procreation.
Semantics, nothing more. Call it gayness if you want, what does it matter.

Quote:
Then there is a common myth that there are homosexual animals but this is way overblown. Thjere are no homosexual cats, dogs, pigs, horses, cattle . They only mate to procreate.

The only species that it was observed on in nature is lions and sheep and even there it's very minor and due to their social structure. Both male lions and sheep fight out vicious battles against each other for a privilege to breed with females so there are only so many males that can breed. The losers of this tend to engage in homosexual behaviour , probably out of frustration but they return to battle during the next breeding season.
You are wrong. Do your research.

Quote:
Pretty much this. People need to realize that religious denominations are no different than other private clubs. Don't like the rules?--don't join. There are many other alternatives around. There are even churches that approve of practising homosexuality. If you swing that way, by all means join one! But don't call others haters because they don't agree with you!
I don't like the rules of my local tennis club. I also don't like the rules of the Catholic church.

One of them is keeping students from joining. The other one is blocking the eradication of lethal diseases by discouraging the use of condoms, fighting against the rights of homosexuals to marry those who they love, preventing people from choosing when to end their lives, forcing women to carry to term fetuses that are the product of ****, harbouring pedophiles, etc., etc.

I don't like their rules, so I won't join. I will also criticise their rules, which I consider to be wicked and harmful.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #44
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you know that women have butts already, no? And that anal sex it`s not only a "thing" of the gay people, don´t you? In fact, do you know that anal sex is very popular between man and woman?

The Church want to stay in the Middle Ages, good for them, but don´t try to influence people about that. That`s the difference between a private club and the Church. In a lot of countries the separation between Church and state is not fully completed. It`s not only the gay people. If we follow the Church, evolution theory is not true, the divorce won´t exist, sexual relationships not to procreate are sins, condoms and anti-conception are bad things, abortion even if the woman was ***** or if her life is in danger if she has the baby is forbbiddn and of course, and gay people will go to hell, of course.

Let the CHurch said what they want, I agree with that, but I also said, let`s do a complete separation between the Church and the State and let`s change something in the mind of The Pope and the Priests, they are not the State, they are not elected, they can only impose their rules to their public and ONLY to their public.

Isner, Youznhy, Melzer, Verdasco, Bennetteau, Nieminen, Davydenko, Berlocq, Llodra, Stepanek, Hewitt, Carreño Busta, Fish, Lorenzi, Mahut, Mathieu, Blake, Becker, R. Ram, Ramírez Hidalgo, Karlovic, Chiudinelli, Petzchner.Tsonga, Wawrinka, Raonic, Tipsarevic, Robredo, Hanescu, Montañes, Sijsling, Kubot, F. López, Tursunov, Roger-Vasselin, Mannarino, , Pospisil, Stakhosvky, Gicquel, Hayek, Golubev, Dolgopolov, Kukushkhin, Rochus, Zverev, Ignatik, Phau, Ginepri, Guccione, Riba, Starace

Nestor, Mirnyi, Zimonjic, Marc López, Marach, Peya, Paes, Melo, Soares, Rojer, Marrero, Huey, Inglot, Lipsky, Fleming, Knowle, Sá, Marray, Nielsen, Hanley, Cermak, Dlouhy, Cabal, Farah, Bracciali, Butorac.

Last edited by Julián Santiago : 07-31-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #45
country flag vucina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julián Santiago View Post
Do you know that women have butts already, no? And that anal sex it`s not only a "thing" of the gay people, don´t you? In fact, do you know that anal sex is very popular between man and woman?

The Church want to stay in the Middle Ages, good for them, but don´t try to influence people about that. That`s the difference between a private club and the Church. In a lot of countries the separation between Church and state is not fully completed. It`s not only the gay people. If we follow the Church, evolution theory is not true, the divorce won´t exist, sexual relationships not to procreate are sins, condoms and anti-conception are bad things, abortion even if the woman was ***** or if her life is in danger if she has the baby is forbbiddn and of course, and gay people will go to hell, of course.

Let the CHurch said what they want, I agree with that, but I also said, let`s do a complete separation between the Church and the State and let`s change something in the mind of The Pope and the Priests, they are not the State, they are not elected, they can only impose their rules to their public and ONLY to their public.
That's why we have national states and borders. Do and separate whatever the fuck you want in your own country. If your people wants gay parades, abolition of marriage, free drug use, abortion, total sexual freedom, or even human sacrifices, that's your choice. But don't expect that every nation on the planet thinks and wants the same.

Last edited by vucina : 07-31-2013 at 10:35 PM.