Paris Masters... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paris Masters...

i posted this already in the tournaments thread but more people will see it here im sure!!
sooooo.....

im *planning* on going to the Paris masters tournament this year, hopefully it'll all work out.

i'd appreciate of anyone has any tips on what hotels to stay in, metro lines to get there, best airport to fly into, where its easiest to meet players ( ) etc...

thank u in advance!

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris Masters...

Bercy can be reached by line 6 or 14. Hotels I can't recommend. Me thinks you can stay wherever you want depending on what you want to do in Paris. Just tennis or also other things. Personally I liked Bercy although it's cold on court 1 and the practice courts aren't open for the people. The matchups were fine though.

Both airports are easy accesible by bus and train so just look where you can find the cheapest flight.

Anything else? Just say so

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

ah well i'll just be there for the tennis, i've seen all the sights before

practice courts arent open? that sucks meh i'm sure i'll find some other way of stalking jcf

what about tickets? how/where/when do u get them?

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

Old 03-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy them there or order them via ticketnet.fr. I've also heard you can buy them with a discount during RG, but you need to ask Rosie about that.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
country flag maratski

Just checked for info on tickets for 2005, but so far nothing to be found yet.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Roisin,

Check this URL: http://www.bnpparibasmasters.org/

It's the tournament's last year URL. Then click on Guide. You will find all what you need to know. It is both in French and English.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

If you need any help with the French let me know.
Most ATP players:

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
Old 03-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #8
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the discount during RG is interesting. But it seems like they sell only a limited number of places during RG because a friend of mine couldn't buy any. So if you want to try that be careful.
Last year i bought my tickets during the charity day in RG. To give you an idea, i bought tickets for category one (i was sitting in the 5th row, facing the 1st players' chair when they go on court) and it was 25 euros each. The years before i bought them @ the store called La Fnac (almost like Virgin Megastore, you find them everywhere here) and i paid 42 euros... and of course the seats i got were not as good as the ones i had last year. So you see the difference

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #9
country flag mandoura

More links:

http://www.parisinfo.com/en/

http://paris.ratestogo.com/
Most ATP players:

Old 03-14-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
country flag roisin

oh this is great everyone thanks for the tips!
keep 'em coming!

Old 03-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #11
country flag Alvarillo

Alvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond repute

roisin, come to madrid AMS, cheaper, and i can tell you anything you need
and parctise courts are open to see!!!
in the qualies there are more people watching agassi training than in matches

RaFaeL NaDaL

RoBReDo - GGLóPeZ - GRaNoLLeRS - MoNTaŃéS - FeR ViCeNTe - aNDuJaR - FeLiCiaNo - IVáN NaVaRRo - DvD FeRReR - VeRDaSCo - BeTo MaRTíN - RaMiReZ-HiDaLGo - HeRNaNDeZ - GiMeNo-TRaVeR - NiCo ALMaGRo
Alvarillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 AM   #12
country flag Asmus

Asmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond reputeAsmus has a reputation beyond repute

Take the #14 Metro to get to Bercy... it's WAAY faster than the #6!
Asmus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

If you pm rosie she is always really helpful, and knows alot of this stuff.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #14
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute

Please PM me if you like, i go Bercy every year. yes, the tickets are like 40% cheaper if you buy them for RG. Id prefer you pm me and leave me your phone number. i will give you all the details if you like. if JC is there, you'll be able to say hi, and get photos and autos, its very simple to meet players at this tournament.
FrogBurger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #15
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratski
Bercy can be reached by line 6 or 14. Hotels I can't recommend. Me thinks you can stay wherever you want depending on what you want to do in Paris. Just tennis or also other things. Personally I liked Bercy although it's cold on court 1 and the practice courts aren't open for the people. The matchups were fine though.

Both airports are easy accesible by bus and train so just look where you can find the cheapest flight.

Anything else? Just say so
Its cold on CT 1 cause its actually an ice skating rink. Dude, when you get to town, give me a call, we'll throw down a few beerskis and or catch a nice meal/movie by where i live. And if you bring your raquet, we can play tennis oh, and bring a single female for me
FrogBurger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote