Can you give posters the option to delete threads when their titles are edited? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you give posters the option to delete threads when their titles are edited?

Often moderators edit thread titles for whatever reason, sometimes for a title that might not please the thread starters and even make him regret having started the thread in the first place. In other words, the meaning of the thread is altered by the title edit, even if slightly.

I think there should be an option for the thread starter to delete the thread in such cases if they want to; I mean why must they have a thread started by him but with a title that is not theirs on top of GM if they don't want to? Not for match result threads of course where the actual content is hardly possible to change (player A def. player B), but more general threads.

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 07-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you give posters the option to delete threads when their titles are edited?

I wouldn't go into that every poster can delete their threads.

Although I don't even remember when was a thread title edited which is not a result thread.
I say if something like that happens, PM a moderator or administrator, we will tell why was the thread title edited and we will talk the further things about it.

But If I think about titles it can be, creating a thread for bashing a player is not allowed and it's not a new rule.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

DTT Singles: (ranking: 13) Title: Barcelona
Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote