Top Spin 4 yet to sell 1 million copies WW, will we see Top Spin 5? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #31
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Spin 4 yet to sell 1 million copies WW, will we see Top Spin 5?

I thought for sure I have discussed this before here, but yeah, perfect tennis game would have GST2 slams, graphics and downloadable players (It has EA share so all the players were created by people and uploaded online, even if they aren't officially in the game), and TS4 gameplay, that would be great.

I'm less worried about licensed non masters events.. I mean I can live with "German Open" rather than "ATP Halle" for a grass court minor tourney, long as it looks similar, just licensed slams and masters are a need be.
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Just wait until you improve some more on TE, you'll stop being upset by Benneteau and Bellucci.
I had already won Grand Slams at the time, it's due to the nature of the programming. There are a great many levels and sub-levels of difficulty, and CPU players can play above or below their level on the day. And presumably sometimes if a player really turns up on beastly form, it's equivalent to going up a number of levels in difficulty and mistakes are heavily punished, they become a lot tighter on serve, etc. Needless to say, the AI is on another level to TS, not that it's saying much. Random factors and variations make the world of difference. This is why I give such generous praise to TE, it's not like the majority of sports games and far more care goes into this than the average release by a big company.

And yeah, Murray was horrible to face on TS.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #33
country flag Motoflou
Barkeep

Motoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond repute

I still play this game all the friggin' time. I solely play in 2K mode on Xbox Live, though. Created players can be so unrealistic and hard to beat, I like playing as the real guys.

I'm ranked #250 in the world! heh. But to get to number one, you'd basically have to play the game all day every day, the #1 player's overall score is insane.

(i'm also pretty excited about NBA2k14, which comes out next Tuesday. Even if you don't care about basketball, the games are fun to play)

Last edited by Motoflou : 09-27-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Motoflou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #34
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they'd announced Top Spin 5 because you bumped this old thread

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #35
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I owned all of them, but I definitely feel as though they have gotten worse in realism and worse in player choices. The first one was great and I still play it from time to time. Either way, I doubt they will have a 5.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #36
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

My Gael Monflis was #4 on WT for like 2 hours. I made it to the final of Australian Open with a cake walk draw, only to lose to a perfect ballbasher. I also won two small tournaments somehow. But literally people who are way too good at the game suck to play, also there is an abundance of cheap created players. Either big serving, ballbashing; or stupid angles.

I really do hope they come up with TS-5, but it ain't going to happen

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #37
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing will ever top Mario Tennis N64, still the best tennis game ever created.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #38
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I owned all of them, but I definitely feel as though they have gotten worse in realism and worse in player choices. The first one was great and I still play it from time to time. Either way, I doubt they will have a 5.
Er what? TS4 is by far the most realistic version to date. TS1 was stupid based on the risk shot mechanic alone.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #39
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Er what? TS4 is by far the most realistic version to date. TS1 was stupid based on the risk shot mechanic alone.
Realistic in terms of what? Graphics perhaps, though ironically TS4 got a lot of service/hitting motions really wrong for some players.. Either way, I never felt any of the TS games come close to Dream Match Tennis where I feel serves are properly weighted in the game (unlike in the TS series where even big servers have a difficult time getting an ace...) and rally/balls speeds feel much more accurate.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #40
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Realistic in terms of what? Graphics perhaps, though ironically TS4 got a lot of service/hitting motions really wrong for some players.. Either way, I never felt any of the TS games come close to Dream Match Tennis where I feel serves are properly weighted in the game (unlike in the TS series where even big servers have a difficult time getting an ace...) and rally/balls speeds feel much more accurate.
I'm talking about gameplay realism. TS4 is far and away better than TS1 in every way. In TS1 hitting a topspin shot resulted in errors half the time and flat shots never missed - that's the opposite of what should occur. Serves aren't that realistic but it's pretty easy to hit aces with Roddick and Becker.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Great shame if a 5th never gets made, i was world number one a few times on the xbox

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #42
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like TS4 didn't sell that well because it wasn't that fun for the average tennis fan and there was barely any replay value. I just want to see a console tennis game that puts the same kind of devotion to realism that the Tennis Elbow community does. If a smaller company with less advanced technology can make a game that good, then certainly a big company like 2K can make a game where every player has their correct animations, tendencies, and stats (TS4's stats were beyond stupid). Players should feel unique. If 2K can do it with NBA, where LeBron looks and feels different to play with than Kobe, then they can certainly do it with tennis. The motions of Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Delpo, Berdych, Tsonga, Gasquet, Wawrinka, etc, are very distinct and a game needs to implement that.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm talking about gameplay realism. TS4 is far and away better than TS1 in every way. In TS1 hitting a topspin shot resulted in errors half the time and flat shots never missed - that's the opposite of what should occur. Serves aren't that realistic but it's pretty easy to hit aces with Roddick and Becker.
I'm sorry, but Top Spin 1 was the best for me as well. By far. I miss that game so much I hated riskshots, but I never used them - and topspin shots looked like topspin and flat looked flat. Now topspin looks like moonball most times, flat looks like topspin and slice is wayyyyyyyy too effective lol. Bye!

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #44
country flag Advantage_Set

Advantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you get this Tennis Elbow video game? Not even Google gets me to a proper link.

Never mind, found it. Looks good!

Last edited by Advantage_Set : 11-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Advantage_Set is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #45
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

It was a shit series

Now, shame is there isn't anything on the horizon that's good

Grand slam tennis 2- a shit game, but some fun to be had. EA will never make a great tennis game

Virtua tennis series- needs a Ge overall, arcades gameplay is no gameplay fit for a true tennis fan. A true tennis fam expects nothing but absolute realism or absolute gameplay, virtua tennis has neither

Smash court tennis 3- far too easy, but one of the finest tennis games I've played. Only problem is the game play is too easy.
There is no one online, so after a while there is no challenge to it, however, it's a brilliant game

Top spin 4- an excellent sim, however there is a shallow feeling to it. The career mode is nothing compared to, say, virtua tennis 3
There is a delay in the movement, a lack of punch in reactions. There is a l

Everybody's tennis- ps2- excellent game. Gameplay is top notch, a must have game. There is a newer version on the psp. It's as good as any tennis game I've played