need help buying a racket - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
country flag supAfly6479

supAfly6479 is on a distinguished road
Default need help buying a racket

yo i am starting playing tennis at my high school this year and i am looking for a good racket on my budget, i found a racquet i like and is school colors even but i dont know if its really good or not so can yall take a look at it and let me know what u think, copy and paste this in your address bar---

http://www.thesportsauthority.com/pr...entPage=family
supAfly6479 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 02:02 AM   #2
country flag erik-the-red

erik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: need help buying a racket

I guess that's actually a pretty good tweener; the swing rating is 5.

I suggest a control racquet because they force you to utilize proper form in executing shots. The Wilson Prostaff Tour 95 is $100 at tennis-warehouse.com

If you prefer an oversize frame, the Head i.Radical is $90 at the same place.
erik-the-red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:47 AM   #3
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Go to tennis-warehouse.com and buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior for $79.95. It's white, so it matches everything (as if that matters).

The tennis warehouse messageboards are also a really good place to read about racquets, but it can be a bit overwhelming there for new people.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #4
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supAfly6479
yo i am starting playing tennis at my high school this year and i am looking for a good racket on my budget, i found a racquet i like and is school colors even but i dont know if its really good or not so can yall take a look at it and let me know what u think, copy and paste this in your address bar---

http://www.thesportsauthority.com/pr...entPage=family
Imo the triads are pretty atrocious. The are very light, but not in a Babolat kind of way. The weight seems to be in the neck,so it isn't good for groundies OR volleying!
And the head seems kind of too big, you wouldn't miss a volley, but I didn't find them comfortable, when i tried a friends. I would recommend the Wilson hyper prostaff 6.0 (v. old racket, if you can find one ) I think I got the last 7 in the world.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
country flag adeegee

adeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, find a place where you can test out some different rackets. Every player has different feelings on rackets only you can decide whats best for you. For example I absolutely love my liquidmetal radicals, and wouldn't swap them for anything in the world but my hitting partner absolutely hates them, and we're about similar standard.
adeegee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with adeegee, you definately need to test out some rackets, sone rackets look the business but really aren't. So taek the suggestion seriously.
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
tennis4you

tennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond reputetennis4you has a reputation beyond repute

I made the mistake of not testing out a racquet once and just bought two of them. They were supposed to have been the replacement to the one I was using. I hated them with a passion. I had to unload them used after about 8 hours of play.

I then tested some racquets and found the one I was looking for.
tennis4you is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote