Soon to be no American in the top 20? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #46
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to be no American in the top 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rios Drop Volley View Post
lol, at this point the only thing the USTA can do now is go full kazakh federation style and buy players from other countries, althou they're already doing that with the likes of kudla, kozlov etc
Is this intended as criticism? Don't blame us for investing more in baby scouting than other nations. That's just good business. From what I understand, the USTA employed one of the leading eastern European baby scouts during the 1990s when they discovered Kudla and Kozlov. I for one find it remarkable that they were able to identify those two as promising tennis prospects at just 1 year old. It really takes a discerning eye for talent. Fortunately their families were amenable to moving to (and representing) America and the rest is history. Good for the USTA. If others can't compete in the baby scouting department, that's their problem.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #47
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rios Drop Volley View Post
lol, at this point the only thing the USTA can do now is go full kazakh federation style and buy players from other countries, althou they're already doing that with the likes of kudla, kozlov etc
It's actually kind of the reverse, since we have the likes of Haas, Nishikori, and Sharapova using our facilities then going on to play for other countries.

They're just not infected by the USTA mindset or the stupid wildcards that make our up-and-comers think they're hot s**t before any achievements.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #48
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Is this intended as criticism? Don't blame us for investing more in baby scouting than other nations. That's just good business. From what I understand, the USTA employed one of the leading eastern European baby scouts during the 1990s when they discovered Kudla and Kozlov. I for one find it remarkable that they were able to identify those two as promising tennis prospects at just 1 year old. It really takes a discerning eye for talent. Fortunately their families were amenable to moving to (and representing) America and the rest is history. Good for the USTA. If others can't compete in the baby scouting department, that's their problem.
I read the first few sentences of this post and thought you were serious for a good ten seconds. Holy ****, if that's not a sign I'm drunk right now then nothing is.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #49
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
I read the first few sentences of this post and thought you were serious for a good ten seconds. Holy ****, if that's not a sign I'm drunk right now then nothing is.
Wait, are you telling me that's not how it happened? If they didn't have an eastern European baby scout, then how did they know which 1-year-olds to recruit? I mean no offense, Smoke, but I think you're a little naive if you think the USTA just randomly picked these babies, and even more naive if you think these families, all on their own, decided to move here, raise their sons here, and allow their sons to play for the United States without any sort of enticement. Those stories don't add up.

Last edited by SHB : 07-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #50
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

Good. Maybe it will light a fire under someone's ass at the USTA.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #51
country flag Absolute Anthropoid
Skyward!

Absolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks to see, hopefully a non-servebot allcourter will emerge from the USA.

Simple as that. Everything else comes second.

The Official "Is Nadal Balding?" Thread
Absolute Anthropoid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #52
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
Ever since the ATP rankings began in August 1973 there has always been at least one American player in the top 20. It has been a close call on a few occasions this year but each time either Querrey or Isner has just held on to a top 20 spot. That could be about to change.

This Monday Querrey will be ranked 20 but next week he drops his 250 points from winning Los Angeles last year and since he isn't playing Atlanta he will drop at least two places.

Isner will be ranked 22 this Monday and is the only person who can keep the run going. His scenario is pretty simple

If he wins Atlanta he returns to the top 20. If he loses in the final he will return to the top 20 unless Anderson reaches the Atlanta semi-finals or Seppi wins Umag. If he doesn't make the final he will not return to the top 20.
...or Dolgopolov wins Umag. But hopefully Isner and Querrey can hold out few few more weeks, until The Don wins USO.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #53
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

This is likely to happen this week. Luckily though, Tipsarevic has made it much easier for Isner to save US tennis. But, he still must reach round 3 in order to do so. And even so, he must outrun Seppi and Anderson.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #54
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Sock will be soon in TOP 20
please don't overrate him

This guy never improve

Borna Coric will be No 1 by May 2016
Nick Kyrgios will be No 1 by Jan 2016
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

?

An American won Washington last week
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #56
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
?

An American won Washington last week
Yes, and Isner entered top-20 just as Querrey left it.

He's not secure there, as he's defending SF points in Rogers Cup from last year.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #57
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

And job complete. Isner's incapacity to win against Pospisil has left the US without a Top 20 player.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Growth factors ain't what they used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borna Coric View Post
When I play my best yes I'm more a Djokovic game wise. When I'm not at my best I'm more like Murray.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...69&postcount=4
Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #59
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Merica'
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #60
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
And job complete. Isner's incapacity to win against Pospisil has left the US without a Top 20 player.
Wow, it only now dawned on me that Isner was the only US player participating. This must be the first time they've won zero matches in a North American Masters tournament. NA as a whole is doing OK, though. Four Canadians have already won a match, with Raonic yet to play.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote