Soon to be no American in the top 20? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #16
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to be no American in the top 20?

Why is this news?
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
You'd better get a move on, then.
If all goes according to plan, I will be playing 20+ futures events next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
You cannot be a champ at an individual sport without some sense of individuality.

These guys the USTA have been churning out should be in some team sport, where they could just kick back and have a beer with their buddies, instead of playing an individual sport by themselves.

Where are the self-centered unapologetic guys like Sampras? Or guys with strong individual personalities like McEnroe or Agassi?

It's no coincidence that they're now trying to push the college route when there's probably no other institution that drains a person of individuality and individual-thinking more than today's college system.

So, yeah, take it as a sign of America's current deterioration and the symptoms behind it.

That said, we need a bad-ass like Tomic to show us the way.
Completely agreed.

It sickens me the attitude of some of the American guys ranked 100-500. They want to be good, but don't have that killer instinct to go all the way. They don't have that Connors, that McEnroe, that Agassi or Sampras or even Roddick fire in their belly to go to the top.

They care more about being liked or chasing girls or eating Taco Bell and Chipotle than sacrificing and being the greatest.

And what's worse? The 15-16 year olds are just as bad if not worse

I gotta lead the way, finish 2014 ranked 800 in the world, and make it to Olympics 2016. USA tennis is on life support, and it is my duty, my destiny, to revive her.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #18
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I gotta lead the way, finish 2014 ranked 800 in the world, and make it to Olympics 2016. USA tennis is on life support, and it is my duty, my destiny, to revive her.
There you go.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
country flag Ikaron
Banned!

Ikaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I think it's a very, very bad thing for the sport not to have any top American males. When the Americans are doing well, there's lots of money going around, excellent tournaments and TV coverage. Lots of exposure. Otherwise the tournaments will keep going to China where the players will play in front of empty stands. I really hope there is somebody down there who can come in and take the sport by surprise.
Good Objective Post.
Ikaron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #20
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I think it's a very, very bad thing for the sport not to have any top American males. When the Americans are doing well, there's lots of money going around, excellent tournaments and TV coverage. Lots of exposure. Otherwise the tournaments will keep going to China where the players will play in front of empty stands. I really hope there is somebody down there who can come in and take the sport by surprise.
Yeah, true. If you think it's bad now just wait til the Fed retires.

Andy's mug face isn't going to be able to carry a tournament anywhere outside of the deluded U.K., that's for sure.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #21
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Yanks can still support Delpo and Raonic their fellow Americans
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #22
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Sock will be soon in TOP 20
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
country flag Murray=God
SoderKing WILL return

Murray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Great news, the less serve bots there are in the top 20, the better it is for the game. It seems all yanks can do is serve (Sampras, Isner, Fish, Roddick, Querrey, Harrison and countless others).
You've got me thinking...who is the last top 20 American player who actually possesses an attractive game?

Samurai Kei

MultiSlamray* is here to stay

*Offensive counter-puncher not pusher
Murray=God is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Soon to be no American in the top 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Raonic and Del Potro are in the top 20 so there will still be Americans in it when Monday's new rankings are released.
Raonic and Del Potro?? Oh please.
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Will rise.

just routined some top 300 mug in atlanta qualies
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellej View Post
Raonic and Del Potro?? Oh please.
Milos Raonic- from North AMERICA
Juan Martin Del Potro- from South AMERICA

These guys can deliver the American dream. Those in the US should keep the faith.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #27
country flag chunks_ghost

chunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond reputechunks_ghost has a reputation beyond repute

The US will suffer from the Fred Perry Syndrome. The ghost of Andy Roddick.
chunks_ghost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray=God View Post
You've got me thinking...who is the last top 20 American player who actually possesses an attractive game?
Blake, Roddick (03-05), Agassi and Sampras were awesome to watch, as is McEnroe.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #29
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Joey mate, you forgot HaHaas.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #30
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Blake, Roddick (03-05), Agassi and Sampras were awesome to watch, as is McEnroe.
Blake. really?
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote