Daniel Nestor - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
country flag king10

king10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Nestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer468 View Post
Yes, I think that Vasek's jump in the rankings has made him a far more useful partner for Nestor because they will qualify for more ATP tournaments. I guess that the break with Lindstedt wasn't happy since it caught the Swede totally by surprise.

My guess is that Danny isn't wasting time on unproductive partnerships at this stage in his career. If he doesn't find a good partnership soon I wonder if he'll continue to play much longer. He could likely move onto the Champions tour if he wants to keep playing or maybe just play with his children for a while.
If he won the Davis Cup with Canada id fully expect for him to retire on the spot and go out on top as he wouldve won everything there is to win
king10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
country flag sdmartin

sdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
If he won the Davis Cup with Canada id fully expect for him to retire on the spot and go out on top as he wouldve won everything there is to win
My expectation as well; in fact, I suspect he may retire anyways. I am a bit surprised actually at the timing of the split ... even if it wasn't all peachy on the Nestor/Lindstedt team, they were 11th in the race for London ... and probably had a good shot at London finals. My take is Nestor is saying DC is more important than London. AFAIK, Nestor hasn't signed on with another partner for rest of year. Maybe he can play out the last bit of his career by teaming with Vasek & Milos a few times and serving as a doubles mentor.
sdmartin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #18
country flag Brad1973

Brad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on title number 81! Suddenly I don't feel so bad about turning 40 later this year.
Brad1973 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
country flag jer468

jer468 is on a distinguished road

Tough draw for Danny in USO. Bhupati in the first round, 15 seeds in the 2nd round and then the Bryans in the 3rd.
jer468 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
country flag sdmartin

sdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond reputesdmartin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer468 View Post
Tough draw for Danny in USO. Bhupati in the first round, 15 seeds in the 2nd round and then the Bryans in the 3rd.
1st round will be tough .. if Nestor & Pops get by that, 2nd should be relatively easy ... would REALLY like to see them beat the Bryans in R3.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
country flag king10

king10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond repute

teams up with vasek for a first round win. looking good for DC
Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #22
country flag jer468

jer468 is on a distinguished road

Daniel's decision to change partners looks like a good one. He and Vasek are into round 3 so they'll have another match to work on the pre-DC chemistry.
jer468 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
country flag sdmartin

Perfect DC warm-up ... against the Bryan's at the USO ... although crowd in Serbia will be way more hostile I imagine. Would be really, really sweet to see Nestor/Vasek beat the Bryans ... please, please :-)

Anyways, it has been a disappointing singles run for Vashy (losing 3 winnable singles matches in a row .. probably because of nerves). For DC, I'm confident he'll perform very well - has Marty being able to coach him at change overs - and Daniel as a partner in dubs has to be a great mentoring & steadying influence.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #24
country flag Miss Molly

Miss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the match againstthe Bryans will be on tv or streamed. I really like Daniel and Vashy together.
Miss Molly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
country flag king10

daniel and vasek take the first set tiebreak over the bryans.. they also had a couple break points late in the first set, overall playing very well. Vasek was a beast in the tiebreak, great for his confidence after some shaky singles results
Old 09-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
country flag king10

Nestor was broken 3 or 4 times in a row and was the weak link btw. he and vasek, hopefully he can figure out his serve in time for DC. all in all not bad though, taking a set off the bryan brothers and were up a break 2 games away from the match in the second set
Old 09-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
Nestor was broken 3 or 4 times in a row and was the weak link btw. he and vasek, hopefully he can figure out his serve in time for DC. all in all not bad though, taking a set off the bryan brothers and were up a break 2 games away from the match in the second set
Its brutally humid in New York today - a 40 year old guy is going to become less effective as the match goes on
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Big fan of Nestor but he played truly awful today.
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #29
country flag king10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Its brutally humid in New York today - a 40 year old guy is going to become less effective as the match goes on
Well this doesnt bode well for davis cup where matches are 5 sets long and 20 000 ppl in an arena can get pretty stuffy
Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #30
country flag Miss Molly

Miss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Molly has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tenniscanada.com/index.ph...UBLES&pid=4943

They will be playing fall tourneys together now that Vasek gets direct entry to a lot of the tournaments because of his ranking. I was really hoping for this for both their sakes.
Miss Molly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote