Is being a mug the only way to gain recognition on MTF? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is being a mug the only way to gain recognition on MTF?

I think it indeed is. I used to be a very articulate poster on here regularly making lengthy posts and in depth analysis of many matches early on during my MTF career, trying to be as least biased as I possibly could but no one ever read my posts bar a few people. I hardly got quoted and my posts usually got forgotten with all the crap trolls posted. In fact this hurt quite a lot and I left GM for a few months hanging out mostly in the chat threads, then eventually I also left the chat threads and have hardly been active the past year.

Made my comeback though in style a week ago on GM and been trolling and posting a load of crap that I just find funny, bashing players left, right and centre and unsurprisingly people are reading my posts, people are getting pissed off and people are actually replying to my crap.

Feelsgoodman, even if I don't even believe the crap I write most of the time. At least I'm making some fanboys angry.

When you think about it all the posters who are famous on here are all notorious fanboys and 'tards. All the articulate posters that I see being overlooked are never mentioned which kind of hurts me. This also reflects real life where nice guys always end up last in all areas of life.

Last edited by GOAT = Fed : 06-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is being a mug the only way to gain recognition on MTF?

I prefered you when you where a sensible poster.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I prefered you when you where a sensible poster.
It's a tough choice mate; either make great posts, gain a small number of posters who like you but in the bigger picture no one gives a shit who you are and no one cares about your posts

OR

make shit posts, troll, be a mug, gain quick recognition, piss of 'tards, have people read your posts and reply.

I'm the dark guardian of this forum, I'm the poster this forum deserves not the one it necessarily needs right now.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to believe it's not. If you post something sensible and make a half way decent argument, I will definitely reply.

Sadly, at the moment MTF is peaking with it's post about Mug, Players, Eras, Courts, Raquets, Announcers, Noses, Diets, Coaches, Tio Tony, etc.

Some banter is ok but I think it is getting out of hand.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember you being a 'decent' poster. When you chose a nick like that you made up your mind that you were going to be a troll, I guess.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
It's a tough choice mate; either make great posts, gain a small number of posters who like you but in the bigger picture no one gives a shit who you are and no one cares about your posts

OR

make shit posts, troll, be a mug, gain quick recognition, piss of 'tards, have people read your posts and reply.

I'm the dark guardian of this forum, I'm the poster this forum deserves not the one it necessarily needs right now.
It's not a tough choice, it's actually not even a choice. You only did what you did because you're a huge attention whore like most other MTF trolls. Normal posters don't start whining and completely change posting style because enough people aren't immediately responding to their posts.

As for the topic I'll say this, when I joined back in 09 there were many trolls here but it has just gotten worse. Back then the percentage of serious posters were higher and the ACC was done with at least a little bit of self-distance and humour. These days, GM is just drowned in shit and the ACC (before cancellation) was just a place for further attention whoring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the avarage user age has lessened substantially, that would explain some things.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

just be who your are thats all, on and offline, its much more easy..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it indeed is. I used to be a very articulate poster on here regularly making lengthy posts and in depth analysis of many matches early on during my MTF career, trying to be as least biased as I possibly could but no one ever read my posts bar a few people. I hardly got quoted and my posts usually got forgotten with all the crap trolls posted. In fact this hurt quite a lot and I left GM for a few months hanging out mostly in the chat threads, then eventually I also left the chat threads and have hardly been active the past year.

Made my comeback though in style a week ago on GM and been trolling and posting a load of crap that I just find funny, bashing players left, right and centre and unsurprisingly people are reading my posts, people are getting pissed off and people are actually replying to my crap.

Feelsgoodman, even if I don't even believe the crap I write most of the time. At least I'm making some fanboys angry.

When you think about it all the posters who are famous on here are all notorious fanboys and 'tards. All the articulate posters that I see being overlooked are never mentioned which kind of hurts me. This also reflects real life where nice guys always end up last in all areas of life.
Are you a nice guy?
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have the same case as I did. Except yours has happened more gradually. When I first joined I was sensible, then I turned trolly, then I got a permaban (hopefully you skip that step), then I was fortunate enough to be let back on, now I'm serious again.

My advice it to just post wherever you want to post, recognition or not. I started playing games like FITD, TT, CC, etc. and I've had a lot of fun. I still post in GM, but just not excessively.

Find the balance, my friend.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can also be a fair, unbiased and insightful analyst of the game and all its players like myself and still get recognition
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

it's the quickest and easiest way, not the only way.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you don't break any rules, or have an insensible form of hate, prejudice, or discrimination, you can say whatever you want.

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
country flag BrankoMihailovic
Banned!

BrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond repute

Post R.G rafa fans should at least set a goal to become clever and original mugs.
BrankoMihailovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

This site has ruined me. Prior to MTF, I was an unsullied, innocent, naive tennis lover, with great admiration for every player on tour. Now I am a cynical old bastard.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote