Ukraine - Sergiy Stakhovsky - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #31
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukraine - Sergiy Stakhovsky

They struck me as rather different

Youzhny, Robredo, Matosevic, Monaco, Kohlschreiber, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Dolgopolov, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Zeballos, Herbert, Tursunov, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know... Somehow I didn't expect them to be, but when I first heard it, I wasn't surprised either.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Great interview and amazing photos!

But I don't understand this part:
- When you were at school, you…

- I learned in School No. 92. Big thanks to the director (laughs).

Is it something Ukrainian?

I just started a question about his favourite sufjects in school but Sergiy just made a joke that director of his school helped him in some way, so later I had to repeat initial question
Minorellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorellen View Post
I just started a question about his favourite sufjects in school but Sergiy just made a joke that director of his school helped him in some way, so later I had to repeat initial question
You actually did the interview with him?! I always think he would be a great person to interview from what I've seen before in press conferences and such.

I don't understand the joke though.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #35
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
You actually did the interview with him?! I always think he would be a great person to interview from what I've seen before in press conferences and such.

I don't understand the joke though.
Yes, it was me (Golf-photos was taken by me as well)

Sergiy is very nice guy, easy going, smart and very attractive in many ways. It would be nice to see him in top 20. I guess it would help more people find out how good he really is

And by the way, We have 3 top 100 players now (two of them in top 50) - It would be great to see topics about them united in one forum here. I guess it is time for that

You did not understand joke, probably, because you did not learn in Ukrainian schools
Old 09-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #36
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorellen View Post
Yes, it was me (Golf-photos was taken by me as well)

Sergiy is very nice guy, easy going, smart and very attractive in many ways. It would be nice to see him in top 20. I guess it would help more people find out how good he really is

And by the way, We have 3 top 100 players now (two of them in top 50) - It would be great to see topics about them united in one forum here. I guess it is time for that

You did not understand joke, probably, because you did not learn in Ukrainian schools
You're lucky! And you take great photos!

I agree! Also loved his spontaneity in Rosmalen with Beesie. My friend brought this orange 'worm' you can see in my photos to the tournament, because NL played that day and it was sort of a mascotte during this world cup. The coach noticed it first, so I joked and said I wanted a photo with Sergiy and Beesie. After training Sergiy just came over to us and took Beesie to Jarkko Nieminen first and then came back asking if it also comes in Ukrainian colors. He's so easy to approach for fans, but unfortunately in NL I seem to be the only one. Not a lot of people notice him, because he's not one of the big names. First time I saw him was at the Aachen challenger 2007 and I've started following him more and more over the years. At first only when I saw his name on the oop at a tournament I attended, but now I really pay attention.

I think so too, we should request a Ukrainian forum. It took me quite some time to find this thread, I guess a forum makes it easier for everyone.

No, I learned in Dutch schools and we start school at 4 years old, so reading Sergiy started at 6 is also something I was about.

Oh, another question. What is that black armband he's wearing? I've been wondering about that for quite some time.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #37
country flag Minorellen

Quote:
You're lucky! And you take great photos!
Thanks. And It was not my very first interview with Sergiy. Even It was not the Second one

Quote:
What is that black armband he's wearing?
Oops, I did not pay attention. Maybe, Next time I will ask )

WE have to request Ukrainian forum, but I do not know how
Old 09-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
country flag Minorellen

Sergiy visiting Kharkiv

Old 09-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
country flag Kezzi

These photos are amazing again!

I will try to find out how they did it for Gilles Simon. I remember posting in just one thread there and at some point people also requested a forum for him.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #40
country flag Minorellen

Sergiy Stakhovsky: I’m always happy to help young players

Quote:
On September 15 the best Ukrainian Tennis player Sergiy Stakhovsky visited Kharkiv after invitation of the First Vice-President of the Ukrainian Tennis Federation Yuriy Sapronov and made a master-class for junior and wheelchair players in “Tetra” Tennis Club.

Stako has visited Kharkiv for the second time. Last year Sergiy visited Kharkiv after the win at the ATP tournament in St. Petersburg, being No. 58 in the world ranking. That time Stakhovsky made the master-class in “Sport&Court” Tennis Club.

This time Sergiy came to Kharkiv after a successful performance at the US Open. This year he has already gained two ATP titles and reached the highest ranking in his professional career – No. 32.

The master-class started at 15-00 on the central court of “Tetra” Tennis Club. With the help of sparring-partner Andrey Tikhnenko Ukrainian No. 1 demonstrated his favorite shots – dropshots, slices, volleys and a backhand.

One of winners Kristina Starova, who has been training in “Sport&Court” Tennis Club for three years told about her feelings: “When I was 6 I saw tennis on TV and wanted to try this game. Now I’m really happy to win the contest.

Master-class finished with the doubles match of Sergiy Stakhovsky with the best local wheelchair player Igor Karanin against young players.

After the match Igor said: “It is the second master-class for me. First time it was with Kateryna Bondarenko. I’ve never played with Sergiy before. I liked it very much. It seems simple, but it’s really exciting. However, at start I was little bit nervous, it was tough to hit the cans. But when we played doubles with Sergiy I stayed calm”.

Sergiy was really impressed by the spirit of wheelchair players and as a sign of his respect presented them racquets.

The youngest players also got racquets from Stako.

Then the best Ukrainian tennis player had an autograph session, gave autographs for everybody on his photos and covers of “Tennis” magazine. Then Stakhovsky made photos with participants of the event.

Despite a very tense schedule, the master class was visited by the First Vice-President of the Ukrainian Tennis Federation and The Deputy Chairman of Kharkiv State Administration Yuriy Sapronov. Mr. Sapronov also hit several balls with Stakhovsky.

After the master-class there was a press conference of Sergiy Stakhovsky and Mr. Sapronov. They have answered all the questions of journalists and told about their nearest plans.

“I always come to Kharkiv with a lot of pleasure, - said the best Ukrainian player, - I’m always happy to help children. When I was small I didn’t have an opportunity to play with my idol – Andrey Medvedev. That’s why it is very nice for me to play with young players. I hope it will help them in establishment of their personalities and tennis players”.

“Sergiy is No. 1 in Ukraine and No. 32 in the world, - said Mr. Yuriy Sapronov, - He is a unique person. After a crisis in Ukrainian men’s tennis Sergiy managed to win four titles, two of them he took this year. The last one was before the US Open. Sergiy won at the tournament in New Haven, which has been the favorite tournament of Andre Agassi and Andrey Medvedev. Big thanks to Sergiy, because I understand how tough is it for professional tennis player to find time to visit the other city. His visit is unbelievably important. Our children are lucky. They’ve hit the balls after shots of Alona and Kateryna Bondarenko, Sergiy Stakhovsky, Viktoriya Kutuzova, Mariya Koryttseva. Maybe, we’ll invite veterans in the future”.

Journalists were also interested about when our spectators will see the Ukrainian Davis Cup Team in the World Group.

“I know that we’re able to make a maximum efforts, - said the leader of the Ukrainian National Team, - I won’t talk about time, but I’m sure that maximum in a year we’ll be there”.

Sergiy also told about the injury which forced him to retire in the third round at the US Open.

“The injury in the match against Lopez wasn’t so serious, - said Sergiy, - An inflammation around the nail with infection. I recovered in four days. Unfortunately, exactly on that day it was very painful even just to walk. Now I’m having a little break between tournaments. I will practice for one more week and than I’m flying to Asia. I will start with the tournament in Kuala Lumpur, then I’m going to China – I will play in Beijing and at the Masters in Shanghai. After that I will fly to play in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I will finish the season with tournaments in Basel or Valencia and, of course with the Masters Series tournament in Bercy”.

“As we remember, Sergiy played well in the end of the previous season, - said Mr. Sapronov, - He played great at the Kremlin Cup and won in St. Petersburg, First of all, I would like to wish him not to pay attention on thoughts about defending points in upcoming tournaments and to stay strong mentally and confident in his game, to get satisfaction on court and reach big results”.

by Olena Kaydalova, sapronov-tennis.org
http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=press&...rticle&id=1314
Old 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #41
country flag Kezzi

Somehow the thread didn't show up in my control panel with this update.
Thanks again for this great article and it's amazing that everything is in English too.
That's also something I like about Sergiy's website. Never thought it would be easier to get info in English about a Ukrainian player than all the Frenchies in my sig together.

The request forum is open again and voting ends 31st October. http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1283
Should we request Sergiy or Ukraine alltogether?
Looks like we need activity to be able to get it done...

Last edited by Kezzi : 10-09-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #42
country flag Kezzi

Hi everyone, happy new year!

I was thinking about a new sig and started wondering what 'Come on!' is in Ukrainian. Somehow I don't trust online translators with this. Does anyone know?

Oh and I can probably see the DC tie in March, cause they play against NL.
Would need to know the Ukrainian cheer by then.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #43
country flag Kezzi

Sydney official website:

A multitasking Sergiy Stakhovsky signs autographs while being interviewed at the Live Site. SMP Images

Sergiy Stakhovsky. SMP Images
Old 01-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #44
country flag memetoo

memetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Well, if the truth be known... I actually found him by mistake. I thought he was someone else...then I thought he was Philipp Kohlschrieber.
I can't agree more about this sentence !!! lol ...I noticed him in the same reason ! UNBELIEVABLE that I'm not the only one....

Last year I went to Shanghai but missed his match as it was delayed because of the rain and finished in the mid-night...It's so pity that he lost in 1st round.

It is very pity that he has lost in 3rd round in the Australian Open , but his performance still impressed me enough. I think he could have a wonderful year in 2011, Come On Stako !!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #45
country flag Kezzi

That's a lovely photo, the yellow shirt really suits him. Yeah too bad of the 3rd round in AO, but it's still pretty good.
And he's not out in doubles yet, he's playing with Youzhny against the Spanish team David Marrero /Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo at court 6 11:00 AM (Melbourne time).

I found him in 2007 at the players party of a challenger. He was so funny that I got curious to see him play. Since then I watch him when I can.

And it's great to see more people in here. Hopefully we'll get that Ukrainian section by the end of the year.

Last edited by Kezzi : 01-21-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote