The "Please Find Your Confidence, Andy!" Indian Wells thread. - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #811
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Please Find Your Confidence, Andy!" Indian Wells thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy
im watching it too, i was just thinking that you know. i think that andy would have had a slight edge over hewitt in todays match. i think he fares better with rogerer in most cases anyway. Federer is definitely not having a superstar day, but hes finding this match still quite a walk in the park.
Just to clarify my pronouns, I meant how Andy would have done against The Fed (the way he is playing today) v. how Hewitt is doing (not how Andy would have done against Hewitt today).

Who knows though? Maybe The Fed would play better against Andy. I have the sense that The Fed feels that Hewitt is no competition, but he knows if Andy is playing his best (like he did at Wimbledon) he has to raise his level to win.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #812
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav
Just to clarify my pronouns, I meant how Andy would have done against The Fed (the way he is playing today) v. how Hewitt is doing (not how Andy would have done against Hewitt today).
yeah i know, i got your post i wasnt being very clear, sorry
i meant he would have the edge over hewitt, in terms he could play better than hewitt against federer today...if you understand what i mean? im not expressing it well.

and i agree with you
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #813
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy
yeah i know, i got your post i wasnt being very clear, sorry i meant he would have the edge over hewitt, in terms he could play better than hewitt against federer today...if you understand what i mean? im not expressing it well. and i agree with you

The Fed is playing pretty crappy (for him) in this third set & Hewitt is still working overtime, running all over the place just to get a point.

Hewitt supposedly hurt his toe during his match with Andy & is "heavily strapped." I wonder if he will blame the scheduling for his loss. Andy & The Fed both expressed concern about some of the scheduling this year (although they probably wouldn't have said anything unless they were asked), but so far Hewitt has not:
Quote:
http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/200.../031905RF.html
Q. Would you like to see all the Masters Series finals be best-of-five sets to give it that different situation to other tournaments? Some are, some aren't, some change.
ROGER FEDERER: I'm just not a big fan of being controlled by TV. They say, "We've got three hours. Best-of-five." "We have two hours, best-of-three." I just believe it should be the same in all Masters Series finals, no matter if it's best-of-five or best-of-three.

Q. To make it special, it should be best-of-five in the finals?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. I mean, it definitely makes it more special. Look how tough it is to bounce back from a final in Rome and go play Hamburg two days later. I mean, you're traveling the following day. So that just makes it very hard to say. The same thing, in my eyes, Grand Slams. It's an open five-setter at the end of all Grand Slams except at the US Open, where it's a tiebreaker. I don't understand those rules either.

Q. No one does.
ROGER FEDERER: No one does. Even the No. 1 player in the world. Let's see.

Q. What would you prefer?
ROGER FEDERER: For me it doesn't matter. I think best-of-five would make it most special, yes.

Q. You talked about not liking to be controlled by TV. You were twice this week. That's what the late-night match was all about. International television had purchased the rights.

ROGER FEDERER: This is okay. I'm just saying, I meant to the finals, not that they're being played at 9 in the morning, you know, best-of-one set or something like that. Just be at reasonable times and keep it simple, you know, like all the tournaments the same. That's what I meant.

Q. The night stuff for you, that was all right?
ROGER FEDERER: Yes, of course.

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/200.../031905AR.html
Q. You seem like you left a lot on the court tonight. Can you imagine Lleyton having enough to contend with Roger tomorrow?

ANDY RODDICK: He'll have enough. But the thing is, will he have enough to beat Roger? You know, the schedule, it was interesting, you know, giving us days off and then putting us on two nights, then having us play three-out-of-five at 11:30 on Sunday. I might question that or I'd like to hear what went on in the scheduling room. But it's just the way it goes. If anybody can handle it, it's Lleyton.

Q. Did you raise that as an issue?

ANDY RODDICK: No. What can I do? You know, they're going to make their decisions. I requested to play Thursday, and they put me Friday night. There's not a whole lot I can do.

Last edited by smucav : 03-20-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #814
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

It's so sad. Andy looses a close match to Hewitt, Federer beat the crap out of Hewitt in straight sets. How many time we have to see this partern!

I do hope Andy can defend his next tittle - the only meaningful tittle he had last year...sad.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #815
country flag Devotee

Devotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: The "Please Find Your Confidence, Andy!" Indian Wells thread.

Did anyone else see the stuffed duck toys being waved by some fans in the stands toward the end of the Hewitt/Roddick match?

Wonder what Andy thinks of them?
Devotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #816
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

they were chickens.
am&a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #817
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha your av is great. Cute brainless Butt. Just a big crack...
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #818
country flag Devotee

Devotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond reputeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by am&a
they were chickens.
Why were they waving chickens?
Devotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #819
country flag smucav

Here's what Hewitt said about the scheduling (Roddick & Federer comments: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=815):
Quote:
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/en/pl...5_HEWITT14.asp
Q. We're talking about one of the top events in the world here. You had to play a long semifinal, then back to back a best-of-five set final. Do you think that's right, that a Masters Series should have a situation like that, where you have to play a semi, come back in less than 24 hours, play a best-of-five final?
LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, it's a hard thing to do. I can understand, when you only have -- they had the women's doubles final afterwards, not a women's final as well on the same day, then I can understand, you know, the positive of having a five-set men's final purely because it gives the crowd more value and TV time and stuff.

I think we have to try and make a decision. I don't know what changed this year compared to the last years at this particular event. I know Miami's always had a five-set final there. But there's no doubt that if you play the last match of the day, the day before, you have a long match, you're definitely going to be a little bit more disadvantaged.

But then again, it would be better if we had one thing for the whole way through all the Masters Series events, I think, and we stuck to one particular rule.

Q. Do you think with 24 hours extra, you might have been 100% fit?
LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know about with this, but yeah.

Q. More chance of being --
LLEYTON HEWITT: Oh, there's no doubt. The more time, you're always going to be better. But, then again, you can't just have a whole day off of Sunday, nothing on Sunday.

Q. Men's semifinal on Friday, men's final on a Sunday.
LLEYTON HEWITT: Well, maybe you can do that. Yeah. If they're going to decide to play the women's final the day before the men's final, then maybe that's an idea.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #820
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to bump this thread again...

Ok I didnt come online yesterday morning cuz I was still kinda pissed off....not all cuz of Andy though. I was more disappointed with that, but yeah. I dunno if anyone mentioned it yet cuz I didnt feel like reading through all the disappointing articles and stuff....but I could not believe that right in the middle of the third set TB they showed the damn score at the bottom of the screen. I was so pissed off...especially cuz I was gonna call Amanda or Deb to get the score cuz I was freking out but then I decided I was just gonna watch it like it was live....then they had to ruin it right at the end.

I only watched the match from the second set TB on cuz I kinda fell asleep but I was happy I guess with how Andy played. It seriously was just a few points that could have changed the match. Oh well.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote