the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #61
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

Looking at the stats, the biggest problem was his first serve. He relies on his serve SO much - in these big matches he has GOT to get his first serve over 60%. I mean 41% for the match! are you kidding!!!!!!!! He actually won more first serve points than Roger did, but he barely got it in. That is huge for Mardy. He's GOT to work on that.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #62
country flag rue

rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

I got to see the match and he did not play too badly, it is just that he just happened to play a guy by the name of Roger Federer. I think that Mardy is on the right track. He just needs to work more on his serve volleys, forehand and on his footwork. He did not disgrace on court today. He just ran into the worst person you could ever play in the 2nd round. Lets hope that the draw will be more kind to him in Miami.

Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #63
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rue
I got to see the match and he did not play too badly, it is just that he just happened to play a guy by the name of Roger Federer. I think that Mardy is on the right track. He just needs to work more on his serve volleys, forehand and on his footwork. He did not disgrace on court today. He just ran into the worst person you could ever play in the 2nd round. Lets hope that the draw will be more kind to him in Miami.
The problem is that because of his ranking, his draw will no be any better. He'll run into some kind of seed in the 2nd round. If it's not Roger, it'll be Andy or ljubicic or Coria or Andre or a host of other people who are not much more fun for him to play than Roger.

It's also unfortunate that his ranking will now drop even more and he probably won't even get direct entry into Rome and/or Hamburg. But if he's on the right track, then the ranking will come. I am just not so sure.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #64
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

I felt he moved too slowly (other than that couple great running forehand passing shot ) but he played better than last time. Mardy has great volleys so he should work his way up to the net more. Respectable scoreline and it's just too bad he drew Roger so early.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:48 PM   #65
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Looking at the stats, the biggest problem was his first serve. He relies on his serve SO much - in these big matches he has GOT to get his first serve over 60%. I mean 41% for the match! are you kidding!!!!!!!! He actually won more first serve points than Roger did, but he barely got it in. That is huge for Mardy. He's GOT to work on that.
Yes, the serve is huge for him.. but he is saying that there are some technical changes he is making, so it will take time to really get into the flow of that.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:31 AM   #66
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennay
Yes, the serve is huge for him.. but he is saying that there are some technical changes he is making, so it will take time to really get into the flow of that.
Sure, absolutely. But his serve is always a problem. I mean there are a lot of people who, if they serve well they play well (Lindsay D. comes to mind) and Mardy is like that. So he's just GOT to get his first serve % up. 41% is beyond a point of "there are some changes and it will take time for those work" - that's just BAD.

I think he was nervous, he was making so many errors early in the match. So I'm sure that's part of it, but yeah. It's just so huge for him in particular.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:31 AM   #67
country flag pieross

pieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceit
Thanks for the picture! Where did you find it?
www.gotennis.com

it has high quality pics too .

AlSo gOoD lUcK TO:
Roddick/Blake/Ginepri/Bryans/Agassi
Mathieu/Grosjean/Clement/Nalbandian/Haas
pieross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 AM   #68
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure, absolutely. But his serve is always a problem. I mean there are a lot of people who, if they serve well they play well (Lindsay D. comes to mind) and Mardy is like that. So he's just GOT to get his first serve % up. 41% is beyond a point of "there are some changes and it will take time for those work" - that's just BAD.

I think he was nervous, he was making so many errors early in the match. So I'm sure that's part of it, but yeah. It's just so huge for him in particular.
it's not his serve percentage that's the only problem, i think mardy has to work on getting more consistent. he came up with some really nice shots, so it's possible for him to be consistent. it just sucks that mardy has to play fed. he hasn't gotten past the second round at all this year

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 AM   #69
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletennis
it's not his serve percentage that's the only problem, i think mardy has to work on getting more consistent. he came up with some really nice shots, so it's possible for him to be consistent. it just sucks that mardy has to play fed. he hasn't gotten past the second round at all this year
What all this year? he hasn't gotten past the 2nd round since the OLYMPICS.

I've seen Mardy play enough to believe that his first serve % is almost singularly determinative of how he plays. It's scary, actually. There are definitely other factors and other problems with his game, but when his first serve % is high, the rest of his game is there, and vice versa. It happens much too often to be coincidental.

but on a positive note! Flake win 3-6 7-6(0) 6-2!!!!! Mardy lost his serve like the first 4 times he served but once they settled down they did great. Go Flake!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #70
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but on a positive note! Flake win 3-6 7-6(0) 6-2!!!!! Mardy lost his serve like the first 4 times he served but once they settled down they did great. Go Flake!
Yesssssssssssssssssssss. GO FLAKE!

I knew they could do it. *cough* Deb. *cough*

I'm glad they could come back.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #71
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:25 AM   #72
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

okay after almost a week to think about it i have come to conclusion that mardy has doen one thing better than andy! yes really! what i hear you yell well he didn't wear those stupid sock that cover half his lovely legs and gives him dumbass tan lines.!

yes honestly that is all i can think of! but hey it's a positive right? oh okay i am insane!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 AM   #73
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond repute

Éowyn, your avatar !!!!!
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:39 PM   #74
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éowyn
okay after almost a week to think about it i have come to conclusion that mardy has doen one thing better than andy! yes really! what i hear you yell well he didn't wear those stupid sock that cover half his lovely legs and gives him dumbass tan lines.!
I agree. I strongly dislike big socks.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #75
country flag Deboogle!.

Yes, but I'd rather andy wear ankle braces and not get hurt