the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2005, 03:20 AM   #46
country flag rue

rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

Even if he loses, the key is to play his best and see where exactly his form is matching up with the world's best.

Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #47
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

why does mardy always get a tough draw? ahhhh, well i hope he can keep his head held high, and play like a star
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #48
country flag pieross

pieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Mardy this is NOT a cute look. NOT AT ALL.
i think this one is better

AlSo gOoD lUcK TO:
Roddick/Blake/Ginepri/Bryans/Agassi
Mathieu/Grosjean/Clement/Nalbandian/Haas
pieross is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #49
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for Flake to play. I hope they win!
Old 03-13-2005, 03:05 PM   #50
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, go flake!!!!!

Here's an article from the local paper in IW
----------------
Fish to face Federer after quick victory

Thomas St. Myer
The Desert Sun
March 13, 2005

INDIAN WELLS - Mardy Fish disposed of fellow American Jan-Michael Gambill before the crowd settled into their seats Saturday morning at Stadium Court at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.

In about an hour, Fish knocked off Gambill 6-2, 6-2 in the opening match to advance to the second round of the Pacific Life Open.

Fish won 85 percent of his first serves, 76 percent of his total serves and saved all three of his break points.

"I put the pressure on him and kept it on him in the second set," Fish said.

In reward for his outstanding play Saturday, Fish moves on to play world No. 1 Roger Federer. In their four previous matches, Fish won only one of 10 sets.

In their first encounter, he won the third set in their round of 32 match at the 2003 Wimbledon. Last year, he played Federer in the fourth round here at Indian Wells and lost 6-4, 6-1.

"I don't think too many guys out there think they can beat him," Fish said. "I'd like to think that I can or at least fake that I can."

Ranked No. 11 in the world juniors before he turned pro in 2000, the 23-year-old Fish once expected to hear his name mentioned in the company of Federer and his former roommate Andy Roddick. Today, he still sits on the outside looking in at the top ATP Tour players.

Fish owns a mediocre 91-72 record and only one title - the 2003 Stockholm Open.

"I'm still a ways away from contending with the best," Fish said. "I've made a lot of changes technically and mentally and I'm banking on them coming together soon."

Coached by former ATP pro Todd Martin and Scott Humphries, Fish said on the court he recently altered his forehand volley and serve toss. Off the court, he now adheres to the advice of Martin, whereas in the past he sometimes tuned out his coaches. (WELL, GOOD!!!!!!!)

Though superstardom remains out of reach for now, if Fish straightens out a few of those kinks, watch out.

In his junior days, tennis experts pegged him a future superstar for a reason.

"There's a couple of guys out there that I think have the ability to break through and he's one of them," Roddick said.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #51
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Deb.

I'd love to see him do very well this year. Unfortunetly the clay season is pretty soon. But hopefully Martin can help him out a bit there.

"I don't think too many guys out there think they can beat him," Fish said. "I'd like to think that I can or at least fake that I can."
Old 03-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #52
country flag rue

rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute

Today's match is going to be really interesting. Though many players think that they can't best Federer, the best time to best him is in the early rounds when he is not so confident and going at full flight. I still don't know how Mardy will play, but I am hoping to see a good match today.

Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #53
country flag pieross

pieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond reputepieross has a reputation beyond repute

well.he lost the game 3-6 3-6,and stop at the 2nd round again
i havent seen the match.can somebody tell me something about the match?

AlSo gOoD lUcK TO:
Old 03-13-2005, 09:31 PM   #54
country flag aceit

Suprise suprise Mardy lost 6-3,6-3. He broke once in the first set though. I watched the match and he had some moments of brilliance, but not enough to compete with Rog. In the first game he double fautled the first point, and another time I believe. He seemed kind of nervous in the beginning.

BUTTTTTT when it was 4-2 in the second, Roger hit this amazing angled cross court shot which you would think would be a winner, but Mardy got it back and perfectly hit it in the corner, cross court.

Mardy looked like he was going out to play basketball with Cousin Vinny after. He wore a headband with a green adidas logo. WTF? Your outfit is yellow/white/black .. no green! But he wears low socks so I'll give him a for that.

Hopefully next tournament he'll get a better draw and get to R3.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #55
country flag pieross

thx your report aceit
he in green,i cant imagine that.....
i seems that he win some good points,thats great!
i think i can foto soon...
but now i have to go to school...

AlSo gOoD lUcK TO:
Old 03-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #56
country flag aceit

I'm sorry I should have clarified it. He wore the bright yellow shirt, but a headband that was white with a green adidas logo. It was odd.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #57
country flag pieross

i found the pic,
dont blame yourself,thats my misunderstanding

AlSo gOoD lUcK TO:
Old 03-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #58
country flag aceit

Thanks for the picture! Where did you find it?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #59
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a surprising loss. I loved the on-the-run passing shot.

Also, the hair doesn't look as bad on T.V.

Lauren Low socks rule.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #60
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute

i watched his match, i think he played pretty well compared to the rest of this year, he hit some really nice shots, and kept up with most of the rallies, and took a few games from fed. i'm proud of him. hopefully he can get past the second round at his next tourn.

his hair looks really fuzzy and soft.

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote