THE HAMBURG THREAD SF: Delbonis def Federer 7-6(6) 7-6(4) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default THE HAMBURG THREAD SF: Delbonis def Federer 7-6(6) 7-6(4)

I guess everybody's still disappointed from the big loss at Wimbly, and with the end of our beloved QF streak, and that's why no one's opened this thread yet. So I just kind of snuck in with my hopelessly crabby brand of wit in the title!

Anyways, as they say - the show must go on!

So here's wishing Roger a new streak of Hamburgers and Frankfurters to keep him healthy for the second half of the season!

A new beginning: 2nd rd is with either Lorenzi or Brands.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 07-13-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamburgers and Frankfurters for Roger: THE HAMBURG THREAD!

Just read the interview Eden had the generosity of translating. I think Roger means business and he will win this title.

P.S.:It's 2nd round. He gets a bye in the 1st.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Corrected, captain!

Germany's traditionally been a good hunting ground for Roger.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

...I thought Walto was going to open the thread.
I mean, I was going to ask for opening it and I didn't because of that.

Oh well.... Grab the 2nd of the year.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger

Btw I also thought Walto would open the thread. Thx for opening.
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
country flag Walto69

Walto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post

Damn , i guess i got on just a tad too late lol ,
It's alright though i'll start either rogers cup or cincy unless someone else want's it i'm not fussed.
Walto69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
country flag Walto69

Walto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at Roger's draw .
Brands and Gulbis potential round 2 and and 3 opponents could be dangers but both have been inconsistent lately .
Quarter Finals could be maybe the Dog who Roger matches up with or a possible Feliciano Lopez who's been in good form of lately.
Semi : The only big threat i'd see would be Jerzy , the kid is getting better as he goes on,of course any player could beat Roger but Jerzy is the biggest threat on Rogers side of the draw.
The other side is pretty opened , Haas and Monaco are the top seeds in that side but i wouldn't be surprised if someone besides them two made the final.
That could be Rogers lineup but i'm going to start just focusing one match at a time so we'll start with either Lorenzi or Brands , if Lorenzi get's through i can't see him beating Roger and if Brands does and his big game is consistent , he'll be tough for Roger if his inconsistent Roger will have a field day .
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
country flag Walto69

I got a really good feeling about Hamburg even more then Halle this year, you can do it Roger
Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

great thread title
Old 07-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go Roger! No losses in Germany so far this year
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

ok ok Roger the Dodger - hamburgers and frankfurters <groan>

"We don't stop playing when we grow old. We grow old when we stop playing." - GOLeft
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walto69 View Post
Damn , i guess i got on just a tad too late lol ,
It's alright though i'll start either rogers cup or cincy unless someone else want's it i'm not fussed.
Seriously, I didn't know which thread you guys were talking on, (unless its a PM). I just crashed into the forum to say good luck, but then saw to my delight that nobody opened the thread.

So as they say, ... while the lion and leopard chat over the meal, the rabbit escapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Let's go Roger! No losses in Germany so far this year
Streak!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

thanks RTD, so Roger has not even arrived yet and his first match will probably be Wed?? Is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Seriously, I didn't know which thread you guys were talking on, (unless its a PM).
on the chat thread, but Walto hope you can start the one for Roger's cup?
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #14
country flag StingSuperior

StingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond repute

Solid draw, should put him in good stead for HC season if he can go deep. If things pan out Gulbis and Janowicz matches will be interesting
StingSuperior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Seriously, I didn't know which thread you guys were talking on, (unless its a PM). I just crashed into the forum to say good luck, but then saw to my delight that nobody opened the thread.

So as they say, ... while the lion and leopard chat over the meal, the rabbit escapes.
He said it in the chat thread that he was waiting for the draw to come.
He lives in Australia you know?

He was probably sleeping when you decided not-to-read the chat thread, that you consider "rabbit escaping".