***Fernando's ATP tournament archives, part 1*** - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #706
country flag ayena

ayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Fernando KICKS @SS" Hamburg Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza
(1) Roger Federer (SUI) vs. Fernando Verdasco (ESP)

I cannot believe this

Just can't balive this. Another f**** draw!! I'm honest here next time somebody from us should to the draw that should be more luckier
But I'm glad you're so optimistic here. That makes me belive too

*Tommy *Fernando *Feliciano*Rafael *JCF
*Carlos*Bryan Brothers *Andy R.

"Life has a way of inspiring us..."

Last edited by ayena : 05-07-2005 at 07:19 PM.
ayena is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #707
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Hi girls

I cannot believe the draw either, so terrible and poor Nando

But I hope so much that he can beat Roger and I have faith in him as well

I will let you know about the news and I hope I can watch the match....

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #708
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrios
as for last night's match - well, I have to speak as I find here. The match was Fer's. I've only seen him play about 10 times in all, but that was the best match I've ever seen him play - power and grace. Awesome. I'm afraid he may be lacking mentally - because he was far better than Coria. He was all over him until his nerve wobbled. All his recent losses have been so close - a point here and there decided the match. If he conquers his nerves, he's a definite top 10 player. You know, if he had a stronger nerve, I'd even fancy his chances against Roger.
Now I'm going to have to watch the end. I had taped it because I was at work and watched the first set last night but didn't want to see him sad.

He has such a great game, the more I watch it the more I think he can be a top 15 player. But I guess I was upset during teh match with Andy when the announcers kept saying he had to be tougher. I don't want him to be arrogant like some other players - he's a good guy the way he is.

But you're right - he lacks confidence and its all mental. They were saying today during Rafa's match that Fer is one of the few Spaniards that has a game that can go over to the hardcourts - and I agree with that. But he's got to get confident about it.

Of course, Rafa is the only one of my favorites that doesn't struggle on the mental part of the part. Though today he was a bit, but that's unusual - he's usually confident.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #709
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh* how long have i been saying this boy is cursed with draws??? when will it change?

i know clay is not Rogi's fave surface and Nando still has chances to beat him...but in the first round to get Rogi is pretty unfair

VAMOS NANDO!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #710
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's gonna need all the support he can get and TONS of good luck!!
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #711
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want him to be arrogant like some other players - he's a good guy the way he is.
Nicofan - well, Roger has toughedned up mentally, and he's a nice guy. Bit of a flake early in his career. I agree though - I wouldn't like to see Fer change into someone like Coria. Btw, which comentators did you have? Ours were tough on him, but only because he should be ranked much higher than he is. Which is a sort of back-handed compliment.

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #712
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, don't think Fer will turn into a Coria character soon. I mean, he's a very nice guy. And always makes time for his fans. At least that's what he did and what I saw in Rotterdam and Barcelona.

This one time in Rotterdam he was on the practice court and very angry and shouting and he looked to be in a very bad mood indeed (happens to the best of us ). Then he walked off court and we talked to him and he was all smiles again, like nothing happened!

Maybe if he loses a match he might not be all smiles and things, but that's understandable isn't it? When he lost the doubles in Rotterdam, I left him alone. Otherwise, he's very friendly and likes it when people show their support! You gotta love him!

And Roger, well , he's gotten better over the years hasn't he?! I remember this blonde 18 or 19 year old coming to play in Rotterdam...pffff what a hot headed boy he was!!! Not anymore, he's one of the nicest guys on the tour! The times I met him, I had trouble thinking he was the number one in the world....he's so normal, not arrogant at all. It's usually the people around that make you think he's the "bad"guy.

Take Rafael....He had about 4 or 5 security guys around him in Barcelona. They held hands so he could walk freely from the lockerrooms to the practice courts. And Rafael didn't like that one bit! The morning he walked with Feli to the courts, he looked much happier! But what can you do when the organisation assigns these suits to you???
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #713
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the names of teh commentators - they say it everytime at the beginning and then I forget. Must be getting old...lol! They are from teh international feed out of Canada, but both are British. Usually I really like them, but they were very tough on him during Andy's match, but like you said, it was becasue they thought he s/b higher in the rankings. They said unless he gets mentally tougher, he won't be up there in the rankings. Yesterday though they were saying that he and Almagro were the two Spaniards to watch - though they gave the edge to Almagro because of his power.

I don't think Fer will become like Guille either. He is too nice. And they all yell on the practice courts. Personally I think Fer is kind of cute when he yells...lol! Waves his arms around. :-)

And Rafa either. He has too many down to earth people around him.

Roger is nice. I was tired of him winning all the time and people thought I was dissing him, but just wanted a little competition. With Rafa this year, and all the other great players, not sure if he can dominate the way he did in 2004 - which I think is better for tennis.

Wish Guille btw would grow up - I think deep down he's a nice guy, but he has to get rid of that chip on his shoulder a bit. A commentator (can we trust them?) said yesterday that he is one of the least liked players on the tour.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #714
country flag NicoFan

Fer plays tomorrow! Buena suerte FERNANDO!

Center
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Mario ANCIC (CRO) vs Florian MAYER (GER)
followed by
Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) vs Nicolas KIEFER (GER)
followed by
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)
followed by
Nicolas MASSU (CHI) vs Andy RODDICK (USA)
NOT BEFORE 19:30
Tim HENMAN (GBR) vs Lars BURGSMULLER (GER)

M1
Matches Start At:
11:00 AM
Greg RUSEDSKI (GBR) vs Philipp PETZSCHNER (GER)
followed by
Joachim JOHANSSON (SWE) vs Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)
followed by
Andrei PAVEL (ROM) vs Gustavo KUERTEN (BRA)
followed by
Alexander WASKE (GER) vs Tommy ROBREDO (ESP)

M2
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) vs Thomas JOHANSSON (SWE)
followed by
Richard GASQUET (FRA) vs Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO)
followed by
Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO) vs Luis HORNA (PER)
followed by
Jurgen MELZER (AUT) vs Juan Carlos FERRERO (ESP)

M3
Matches Start At: 12:30 PM
Gaston ETLIS (ARG)/Martin RODRIGUEZ (ARG) vs Jonathan ERLICH (ISR)/Andy RAM (ISR)
followed by
Mariano HOOD (ARG)/Julian KNOWLE (AUT) vs Cyril SUK (CZE)/Pavel VIZNER (CZE)

M4
followed by
Karol BECK (SVK) vs Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS)
followed by
Santiago VENTURA (ESP) vs Christophe ROCHUS (BEL)
followed by
Radek STEPANEK (CZE) vs Cyril SAULNIER (FRA)
Old 05-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #715
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

[img]http://smileys.******************/cat/23/23_29_107v.gif[/img]I'll cross everything I can tomorrow!

¡V A M O S![img]http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_30_1.gif[/img]
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #716
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Nandito ! Beat Fed please please please!!!!

I like Fed too, he's cute and really nice and I think it's really hard for him to not be arrogant in interviews because he is the best player @ the mo and when he is at his best no one can beat him. But still, like NicoFan, I do not like dominations AT ALL so I don't want Rogi to win too much.

And about nice players, I think Clement is very nice too. After he lost in Bucharest to Novak Djokovic (who was a quallie) he was tired and unhappy but he still made time to sign some autographs before he left the court. I thought that was pretty nice of him.

And no, I don't think Nando will be like Coria. I mean Coria is Coria, he has always been like he is today, it was not something that came along, and I think the person who said that he is one of the least-liked guys on the tour is right.
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #717
country flag freesbee
Silly Nando Chica!

freesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond reputefreesbee has a reputation beyond repute

vamos Nando make us proud

The Tipsy Chat Thread
Nando's Chicas' and Chico Milan's Chat World
Je suis une Chardette spreading the Cute in the Lovely Thread
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
u shouldnt like people based on hotness
you need to be more like me
freesbee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #718
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Nicofan - any of these names ring a bell - Barry Cowan, Mark Petchy or Chris Bailey? sounds like you could have had our feed. Peter Fleming is often there as well.

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #719
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

I don't think Fer would ever be a Coria - I was just making the point you can be mentally strong and still be nice. I think all the top players have a streak of arrogance - no champ ever won by being humble. But it's how they keep it in check - they should always remember, they are not unbeatable, and once you reah the top spot, you can only go down

Old 05-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #720
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

VAMOS Fernando!!!

I'll be up bright and early to watch this one
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread