Russia to arrest openly gay tourists. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
what a lame gov who still think they are a super power, keep living in the middAmazing Democracyle ages, what next arrest black ppl or something?

Amazing Democracy

keep on focus on the good things instead of russia real and bugger problems
They are.
Hewitt = Llegend
Berdych - Hand of Justice
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Olderer - semiretired ballerina
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
They are.
strong country but they are not a super power

Compare Moscow, and NY
the main reason what hold it back is corruption...almost everywhere, and not enough strong governance. people really educated, but most of them dont have opportunities to be successful. its much easier just move to other country, where new goverment will apreciate ur skill and experience and will pay u well. smartest people go abroad, there are not many enthusiasts, who can put themselves for "future".
The oligarch elite control access to most of those resources so they get enormously rich at the expense of everybody else in Russia... Why the other 135 million people put up with it is a mystery to me but somehow they are convinced the good times are coming to them too. Part of keeping the masses placated involves stoking nationalism but there is a gap between the propoganda and reality.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I was going to visit Moscow this summer, but to protest Putin's discrimination policies I have switched to a Ugandan safari.
If only you did... But I doubt it.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Assuming this is sarcasm.
Coming from that poster, I can assure you it is not.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #20
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
Well I think this raises a host of issues at the upcoming Olympics. Athletes bring family and friends as support. If an athlete brings, I dunno, his gay brother and partner, do they have to do everything they can to appear as straight as possible? What if a gay athlete discusses his or her sexuality in an interview? The timing of this, I am sure, was deliberate so as to ensure that it was too late to change host countries, not that the IOC would have anyway, and I'm not even saying they should.

But there are a ton of hypotheticals for next years Winter Olympics.
The law doesn't ban gay people, it bans personal displays of affection in public places. So it would be fine for an athlete to claim that he or she is gay, it would just not be acceptable to kiss and grope each other in public, which is a fair law in my opinion
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
strong country but they are not a super power

Compare Moscow, and NY
the main reason what hold it back is corruption...almost everywhere, and not enough strong governance. people really educated, but most of them dont have opportunities to be successful. its much easier just move to other country, where new goverment will apreciate ur skill and experience and will pay u well. smartest people go abroad, there are not many enthusiasts, who can put themselves for "future".
The oligarch elite control access to most of those resources so they get enormously rich at the expense of everybody else in Russia... Why the other 135 million people put up with it is a mystery to me but somehow they are convinced the good times are coming to them too. Part of keeping the masses placated involves stoking nationalism but there is a gap between the propoganda and reality.
Try reading something other than CNN if you want a more balanced view regarding the world powers of today Don't be a victim of yank brainwashing.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The law doesn't ban gay people, it bans personal displays of affection in public places. So it would be fine for an athlete to claim that he or she is gay, it would just not be acceptable to kiss and grope each other in public, which is a fair law in my opinion
Straight men hold hands too you know. I am sorry you're not very bright. The law forbids any "homosexual propaganda."

That could be anything, including a fucking lisp.

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Try reading something other than CNN if you want a more balanced view regarding the world powers of today Don't be a victim of yank brainwashing.
Russia is extremely corrupted, that's a fact.

But I'm sure Russia today is a better source to figure it out.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid law.

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #25

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Russia's parliament has unanimously passed a federal law banning gay "propaganda" amid a Kremlin push to enshrine deeply conservative values that critics say has already led to a sharp increase in anti-gay violence.
Fuck sake man you'd think these morons like TopSpinDoctor could read before they write.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #26
country flag Murray=God
SoderKing WILL return

Murray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond reputeMurray=God has a reputation beyond repute

Shame Russia isn't still a communist society because then everyone would be equal and everybody would be happy.

JesusFed

MultiSlamray* is here to stay

*Offensive counter-puncher not pusher
Murray=God is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #27
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
Russia is extremely corrupted, that's a fact.

But I'm sure Russia today is a better source to figure it out.
Obviously. So are other countries like China. Doesn't mean they are not super powers.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #28
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
Straight men hold hands too you know. I am sorry you're not very bright. The law forbids any "homosexual propaganda."

That could be anything, including a fucking lisp.
The only person who's not very bright looks to be yourself and the media misinterpreting the whole thing. The law is banning PDAs, nothing more. The phrase "anti homosexual propaganda" is simple shit stirring, sorry. This whole thing is being blown out of proportion simply to make headlines and enrage people like many who already posted in this thread.

PLUS. Russia is a completely different country. Their particular cultural values might be quite different to what is considered normal in the West. Just because YOU think PDAs are normal, does not mean others do too. It's ironic how people are quick to criticize others as "intolerant" while trying to impose their belief system on them...

Also, I have never see straight men hold hands. Don't know what you're talking about there.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #29

Muslims hold hands frequently. You are clearly very ignorant of the world.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #30

Show us some proof that the law DOESN'T outlaw "homosexual propaganda." Otherwise skulk back over to GM where you belong.