Russia to arrest openly gay tourists. - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #211
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
Are they going to hold the male figure skating event next year? That is clearly the gayest sport in the history of gay sports.
Isn't there a very good US skater that is openly flaming on all fronts? I'll certainly tune in for him.
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #212
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/20...asic-morality/

Mr. Wolf nails it again.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #213
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
Mr. Wolf is just another hatemonger. He would appear to be quite satisfied that two women could not kiss in Red Square without being arrested. Would he be satisfied if a man and a woman could not kiss in Red Square? His whole column reeks of hate in that he says that gay people can be gay in private, but in public they have to pretend to be heterosexual, like him I suppose.

This whole thing appears to me as just a way for people lacking self confidence to point to other people, say they are better than them, and thus get on with their miserable lives feeling at least a little bit better than someone else.

And of course in Uganda they are moving from ostracism to imprisonment just for being reported as gay. Even to the point of making it a crime not to report your children if you think they might be gay. And with the history of Communism in Russia, I can see the next stage where people with a grudge against a neighbour can call the police and say the neighbour was acting gay.

Or, as I read in another column, why don't the Russians just get on with it and hand out the yellow stars and pink triangles right away? We know they'd like to.

Last edited by buddyholly : 08-16-2013 at 07:29 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #214
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
...people lacking self confidence to point to other people, say they are better than them, and thus get on with their miserable lives feeling at least a little bit better than someone else.
imo MTF poster nails it.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #215
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Wolf's text is indeed about people who point to other people with self-proclaimed correctness.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #216
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Mr Wolf's text is about people who point to other people and say "You live your life and I'll live mine, OK?''
Unfortunately there are too many intolerant people still around who believe that sentence should be reworded to "You live my life or else, OK?"
Old 08-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #217
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or, as I read in another column, why don't the Russians just get on with it and hand out the yellow stars and pink triangles right away? We know they'd like to.
What column (source)? Yellow stars and pink triangles were strictly a German invention, unless they're implying Russians are Nazi-wannabes...And above all, what's with mixing Jewish people into it??
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #218
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
What column (source)? Yellow stars and pink triangles were strictly a German invention, unless they're implying Russians are Nazi-wannabes...And above all, what's with mixing Jewish people into it??
The column was just an opinion.

What's with mixing Jewish people into it? An example of where intolerance leads. Remember the pogroms? It wasn't just the Nazis.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #219
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Poland, so I know quite well what antisemitism is. Jsyk, most pogroms (Jedwabne for example) were Nazi inspired anyway. Wouldn't go that far and compare every example of intolerance with Holocaust. Suggesting this anti gay-propaganda law will lead to building crematories really is far fetched. Don't get me wrong, I don't support this weird regulation, I simply hate to see it blown out of proportion this way.
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #220
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Gold medallists team Russia kiss and celebrate at the women's 4x400 metres relay victory ceremony during the IAAF World Athletics

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 08-17-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #221
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
I'm from Poland, so I know quite well what antisemitism is. Jsyk, most pogroms (Jedwabne for example) were Nazi inspired anyway. Wouldn't go that far and compare every example of intolerance with Holocaust. Suggesting this anti gay-propaganda law will lead to building crematories really is far fetched. Don't get me wrong, I don't support this weird regulation, I simply hate to see it blown out of proportion this way.
Most Russians pogroms occurred before the Nazis were ever heard of.

And I am sure that when Uganda passed homophobic laws most people would have said, "Oh but it is nothing to get excited about, nobody is actually suggesting homosexuals could get executed."

'Nuff said.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #222
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post

Gold medallists team Russia kiss and celebrate at the women's 4x400 metres relay victory ceremony during the IAAF World Athletics
lolz!!! Cool Putin must have secretly enjoyed that
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #223
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Most Russians pogroms occurred before the Nazis were ever heard of.

And I am sure that when Uganda passed homophobic laws most people would have said, "Oh but it is nothing to get excited about, nobody is actually suggesting homosexuals could get executed."

'Nuff said.
Well that's just hindsight bias. At the current time, a full-blown gay holocaust is still a good 15 steps down the road. I'm not say it could never happen, but it's highly disrespectful to go all Godwin's Law on us every time someone passes a stupid law.

If I told you back in the 2012 Olympics that Oscar Pistorias was going to go out and murder his girlfriend just because he has a lot of guns, I would have been called out on it. And I would be wrong. I might even go all "I told you so" because I made a dumb prediction that happened to be correct, but I'd still be wrong to do that.
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #224
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Well that's just hindsight bias. At the current time, a full-blown gay holocaust is still a good 15 steps down the road. I'm not say it could never happen, but it's highly disrespectful to go all Godwin's Law on us every time someone passes a stupid law.

If I told you back in the 2012 Olympics that Oscar Pistorias was going to go out and murder his girlfriend just because he has a lot of guns, I would have been called out on it. And I would be wrong. I might even go all "I told you so" because I made a dumb prediction that happened to be correct, but I'd still be wrong to do that.
Who are the "us" that you speak for? Disrespectful to who? I have no clue who I disrespected.
And of course it is no surprise that the direction Russia has taken brings back memories of Nazi Germany.

Actually, it seems that people who knew Pistorius were not surprised at what happened. But I have no idea why you brought that up, anyway.

I guess my concern about the Russian development is that Putin's regime is already known for arresting its citizens on false pretenses. This will just provide even more scope for arresting people they want to silence. And I really think that these laws will also be interpreted by some citizens as a licence to kill.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #225
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

i have seen russian gymnasts kiss on mouth all the time :/ will they get arrested too?

Last edited by Paylu2007 : 08-18-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote