---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread--- - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2008, 05:17 AM   #181
country flag Huntress555

Huntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread---

Cool pic, not long to go now !
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #182
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Great effort by Chris in Sydney...hopefully he can do well at the Aussie
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #183
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Good work chris, it was tough though with all that pressure, this is his major prob though, a guy who returns enough serves to allow him to just cruise through, and then in the baseline rallies he was able to keep it going long enough to make chris run and fall to error.

I have 2 major probs, 1: why was chris taught to use a western grip forehand? Unless he was a really late bloomer with his height, then the person who taught him that was a total idiot, cos if you know a kid will be very big and tall you should teach em a more eastern grip on the forehand so they dont have a major weakness with low balls, Look at Tomas Berdych, a very flat hitter, Now hes very tall and thats why hes not badly effected by the high topspin shots (same with chris) and cos hes such a flat hitter hes also not too badly bothered by the lower shots.

Its too late for Chris to change now but it woulda really helped him to be more of an attacking 1-2 punch player. Also I hope Chris Integrates the slice backhand into his game more often so that he will chip and charge on the opponents serve more often, and just come to net more with the slice backhand in general, just because id like to see him copy karlovics game, hes young enough for so that he can make that his playing style without looking like an idiot the way roddick does (cos hes got no court sense up there since he was playin behind the baseline for so many years).
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #184
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Chris was brilliant in Sydney. Lets use that form as our gauge as heads off to conquer the top the top 50.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 AM   #185
country flag tennisrulzmate

tennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond repute

The Gooch has to win the Guangzhou Challenger to confirm that he can play in the upper echelon on a consistent basis not on a one off- i.e. Adelaide and Sydney
tennisrulzmate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:16 AM   #186

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Chris is into the semi finals of the 50k challenger here in China but he has been far from convincing. I think one of the problems is that the weather is absolutely horrific. It is snowing! Many many people(over 750 000!) are stranded at the Guangzhou railway station trying to get to their relatives homes for Chinese New Year. I should distribute a few Aussie flags and usher them over to the tennis stdium.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:26 AM   #187
country flag DeccyB123

DeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthongkong View Post
Chris is into the semi finals of the 50k challenger here in China but he has been far from convincing. I think one of the problems is that the weather is absolutely horrific. It is snowing! Many many people(over 750 000!) are stranded at the Guangzhou railway station trying to get to their relatives homes for Chinese New Year. I should distribute a few Aussie flags and usher them over to the tennis stdium.
What time is his match today? Has it started yet?
DeccyB123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #188

tennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond reputetennisrulzmate has a reputation beyond repute

Guccione lost
Old 02-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #189
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

This result in China ensures Chris will stay in the top 100 until at least the start of june and thats if he doesn't win any matches at all! This means Chris will once again make the cut for Roland Garros.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #190
country flag DeccyB123

DeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
This result in China ensures Chris will stay in the top 100 until at least the start of june and thats if he doesn't win any matches at all! This means Chris will once again make the cut for Roland Garros.
More concerned about Wimbledon. He may make the RG main draw but doing well there will be tough for him. But oh well at least he's there!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #191

Guccione likes clay cos he has a longer backswing. Since the ball is travelling slower he is able to put some pace on the ball and adjust his backswing
Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #192
country flag DeccyB123

Yeah fair enough it just hampers his biggest weapon in his serve tho but yeah he's no mug on clay.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #193
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, a bit late, but here is a pic of Chris from AO. You can see all my pics on my website
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris Guccione.JPG (337.7 KB, 7 views)
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #194

Good win for Chris in the Davis Cup. He is dealing with the pressure and the expectation well.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #195
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond repute

awesome, guuc got an LL and plays andy r1 at sap open.

huge match for chris.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote