---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread--- - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #166
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread---

he lost, he needed that, would of been able to limit the damage a bit.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #167
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

While he hasn't been able to duplicate the results of last year he has at least won a few matches and put some points on the book (F + SF). The draws have been pretty favourable for him, it doesn't look too bad in Bogota either for a few wins (a tired Giovanni Lapentti first up).

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:28 AM   #168
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

He's dropped down to 107, i'm really scared at what his ranking is going to be after adeliade next year.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:48 AM   #169

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

It is starting to look better with Chris making the SF in the higher ranked Bogota challenger this week, and he is also again favourably treated by the draw with his opponent in the SF having to play a late or delayed match on Friday or Saturday. I think he could actually return to the top-100 if he reaches the final.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #170
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
It is starting to look better with Chris making the SF in the higher ranked Bogota challenger this week, and he is also again favourably treated by the draw with his opponent in the SF having to play a late or delayed match on Friday or Saturday. I think he could actually return to the top-100 if he reaches the final.
he really needs to make the final here. Come on Chris.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 AM   #171

Well he did lose in the SF to the Daniel, the tournament winner. Overall though he didn't do badly, he may get some confidence from winning ten matches in three weeks. Also his season basically ended here last year so he may still return to the top-100 with one or two results. After Adelaide that will be over though.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #172
country flag aussie_fan

Well, somehow he's sneaked into top 100 again at no.100 so hopefully he can keep that ranking so maybe he can get directly into AO.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #173
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Well Chris has been able to win his first two rounds in Malaysia where there are lots of points on offer, he's already back in the top 100 but if and this is a big if Chris can somehow win this challenger he will only have 20 points to defend in Adelaide and should he win one match at Sydney and one at the Aussie Open he will be well in the top 100.

He's also playing in Brisbane next week and should play in Tasmania the week after so he should be able to accumalate 20 points from those challengers.

I know this scenario is very unlikely but I'm hopeful for Chris...

In a perfect world Chris would win this challenger and one of the two Australian ones in the next two weeks, then make quarters at Adelaide and win one or two matches in Sydney then win one match at the Australian Open. (it won't happen)

Last edited by Matchu : 11-22-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #174
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

The Gooch only made the quarters in Brisbane, and withdrew from Burnie.

But he has been awarded a wildcard for the Next Generation Adelaide International
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #175
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

I wish him every success in Adelaide as we all need him to replicate his feats of last year.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #176
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

Chris is having a great week in Sydney! Good luck in the semi today
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #177
country flag Slicevolley26

Slicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris is doing really well this week, let's hope the momentum continues over to the Aus Open.
Slicevolley26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #178
country flag christopherhello

christopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond repute

Guccione has improved his volleying drastically over the off-season and his return of serve. The change between Gucci before the off season and after is drastic. He has become more patient with his game notably using the slice as a means of getting into a rally and smacking the ball at the right time and going to the net on the return of serve at times. Ive never seen him so patient. There is room for improvement but he's in form. GL in final against Tusurnov. Make sure u continue this run.
christopherhello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #179
country flag aussie_fan

Good Luck in the final Chris
Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #180
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute

Against Berdych on Thursday. He is getting there the Gooch

Bingerz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote