Indian Wells 2005 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #121
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I think all the other men's quarters are being played today. Lleyton has to play on Friday so even if he wins that means he has to turn around and play Saturday right away while everyone else has had a rest.
The top half QFs are today, the bottom half QFs are Friday. Roddick/Moya is the evening match on Friday.

Edit: I should say that I'm getting this information from the ESPN website, not the tournament website, so maybe it's not accurate.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #122
country flag Turkeyballs Paco

Turkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks star for Lleyton's match report. He is a fidgety guy.

Good luck to Lleyton against Agassi !

(Finally, one of his matches ESPN will play for us! )
Turkeyballs Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #123
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lleyton was on Stadium 2 and I had a front row seat!!!

I was sure he would win, although not so easily, but I wanted to sit really close to the court to see him play because there may never be another chance for me to see Lleyton so close up.

The energy and effort he puts into moving on the court is amazing. I mean, we all know that, but to sit so close and experience the sound of his feet on the court and his grunting eforts. And he is the MOST fidgety person on the change over. Adjusting his wristbands, pushing his hair back behind his ears adjusting his cap, picking at his shirt, pushing back his hair, adjusting his cap, bouncing his knees, adjusting his cap, smoothing the hair on his neck, adjusting his cap, adjusting his wristbands. All of this in rapid non stop motion, knees jiggling all the while. I've known meth users not this jittery.

And he looked great!!

Thanks for the report! And I'm jealous ; such great seat!

LOL he's just terrible in adjusting anything that can be adjusted...
Once I stopped paying too much attention to it as it was just making me nervous otherwise...

"Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."
Joseph Campbell
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #124
country flag sprinterluck

sprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also I saw Coria and Lleyton on the same court from nearly the same seat and it was interesting to compare them. Lleyton is some ways is even smaller than Coria. Of course, that could be because Lleyton looks like he is drowning in his oversized clothing. But Lleyton's feet make a lot of noise on the court and he is gasping and grunting more than Coria... or at least louder. It just seemed he was putting more effort into it than Coria. But, he didn't play any really long points like Coria played either.
I'd love to see Coria play live (but of course I'd rather see Lleyton). B.Gilbert says he moves like a gazelle. I always thought Lleyton was the fastest and best mover out there, but here's what Agassi said after his 4th rd match:

Q. What about your next opponent, Lleyton?

ANDRE AGASSI: Yeah, well, tonight was certainly a good preparation for him. Two of the fastest guys out there. I mean, I think Coria is probably the fastest guy in the world on the tennis court. But Lleyton's pretty close second there.

It's, you know, going to be another challenge for me to find a way to concentrate well enough to get the job done. You know, I'll have to put together another great match.

Q. Was Chang's speed equal to Coria or have things progressed?

ANDRE AGASSI: No, Coria -- you know, I never had the luxury of playing against some of arguably the fastest people. They say Bjorn was phenomenally fast. It's always different when you watch the pace of the ball, the time people have to get there. But Coria is the fastest, you know, I've ever played against.

I can't wait to see Agassi-Hewitt.
sprinterluck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:42 PM   #125
country flag roberta

roberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond repute

this macht won´t be good for my nerves... i´m sure the macht will be great but i will be all the macht sooo BUT I BELIEVE IN LLEYTON SO...C´MON LLEYTON!!!!
roberta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #126
country flag Turkeyballs Paco

Turkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta
this macht won´t be good for my nerves... i´m sure the macht will be great but i will be all the macht sooo BUT I BELIEVE IN LLEYTON SO...C´MON LLEYTON!!!!
Yeah, this is gonna be a tough one, I think. Hewitt has lost the last 2 matches he has played ag. Agassi.

CMON LLEYTON!!!
Turkeyballs Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #127
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterluck
I'd love to see Coria play live (but of course I'd rather see Lleyton). B.Gilbert says he moves like a gazelle. I always thought Lleyton was the fastest and best mover out there
It's different. I mean Coria flies over the court, but I don't know that he is as tactically aware as Lleyton. Lleyton has tremendous court sense. Even Agassi says he hired Cahill because he admired the sort of decisions Lleyton made on the court. I felt that Lleyton was getting to balls through determination and stuborness while I felt that Guille was simply getting to the balls. He's lighter on his feet. Still ... the sight of Lleyton streaking across the court directly for my chair is one I wil remember. Just as I'll remember Guille's racket flashing just a few feet (seemed like inches) in front of my eyes as he lunged wide for a serve.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #128
country flag SomL.

SomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Lleyton Lleyton !!!!!!!! Kick Agassi out ^_^

"Its impossible to explain what I felt in that moment, just very, very happy to win this title. For me, it is a dream to play in this tournament. But to win, I never imagined something like this."- Rafael Nadal

"It's not how much money I'm playing for. I'm playing because I love the game. I love competing." – Lleyton Hewitt
SomL. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #129
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond reputeKaseyL has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to expect... so I give it a 50/50

"Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."
Joseph Campbell
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #130
country flag perrygreen

perrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, it's my first visit here. Wish Lleyton all the good luck!
perrygreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #131
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyL
I don't know what to expect... so I give it a 50/50
not too much risk taking here Ingrid

For Breast Cancer, please click here once a day
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #132
dagmar7

dagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond repute

Goooo Lleyton against Agassi!!!

I'm glad it's the afternoon, not the night match.

*crossing fingers*

dagmar7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:51 PM   #133
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygreen
Hi, it's my first visit here. Wish Lleyton all the good luck!
Welcome and enjoy your stay!

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #134
country flag perrygreen

perrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Thanks.
perrygreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #135
dagmar7

dagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, welcome to the forum, perrygreen. Happy Posting!
dagmar7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote