Indian Wells 2005 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #106
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2005

Well done Lleyton

Cool story, Christina Lleyton's team is very professional, just like Lleyton.

Gosh it must be hard to put a good spin on such boorishness as playing with disabled children and voluntarily matching your racquet auction price for the tsunami benefit
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 PM   #107
country flag thelma

thelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Christina!

Lleyton didn't serve well, but PHM only can win 1 game

thelma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #108
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Kim
Well done Lleyton

Cool story, Christina Lleyton's team is very professional, just like Lleyton.

Gosh it must be hard to put a good spin on such boorishness as playing with disabled children and voluntarily matching your racquet auction price for the tsunami benefit
Oh, Peter Bodo is just a jerk. He likes to think he's a Pete Hamill-type "tough guy" of sportsjournalism. The state of tennis reporting is sad, and it'll get even sadder once Bud Collins retires.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #109
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I love the color of Lleyton's shirt! And today, he should have worn the shoes from the AO, because the black shoes don't match the outfit.

God, I sound like the Joan Rivers of MTF.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #110
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

I agree
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:31 AM   #111
country flag NOMAD

NOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond repute

An interview with:
LLEYTON HEWITT
THE MODERATOR: Questions for Lleyton.

Q. Surprisingly easy for you today?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Yeah, it was. You know, I played him once before on clay at the French Open. We had a tough four-set match. You know, I know he had a long match yesterday. But, you know, I just tried to get off to a good start out there today and tried to dictate play.

Yeah, we had a few tight games especially early on in the match that could have gone either way. You know, I just seemed to play the big points better than him early.

Q. Do you pay attention to scores? Do you know if someone had a tough match the night before, does that change your strategy?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Not really. Especially a best-of-three set match. It shouldn't really worry you. All these guys, he's an extremely fit player anyway. He's been brought up on clay. He won the Davis Cup tie for them last week in France. You know, he's a gutsy competitor. He just made a lot of errors out there today.

I felt like I was dictating play well from the back of the court.

Q. Are matches against Andre still kind of special for you or is it just another match?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I probably look at it as another match more than anything. You know you're playing one of the greats down the other end. But, you know, the end of day, it's still just another match and you got to go out there and focus on your game more than anything.

You know going out there to play Andre, it's going to be a battle every time you step out on the court. I know that.

Q. A few years since you and Darren parted company, but when you play Andre, do you sense Killer's input when you're lining up against him?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Me personally, I don't notice a huge difference in Andre's game, you know, from when he was with Gilbert. I played him here back in 2000, 2001 maybe, in the semis, I think. I lost to him in three sets there.

Andre's just been such a great ball striker. He knows what he's doing pretty much out there on the court. You know, there could be little stuff, but it's not like Darren can change Andre to become a serve-volleyer like he played. You know, there may be times during a match that we don't realize that he might have helped Andre in certain areas, and I'm sure he has.

But, you know, overall Andre's just a great player with his own game. I don't think he worries too much -- he really doesn't have to change a whole heap.

Q. When you get to the very top of the game like yourself or Andre or Roger, how much of an input does the coach have in the game?

LLEYTON HEWITT: Well, when you get out on the court, there's not a whole heap the coach can do. You're out there. You're doing it. But, you know, obviously off the court, little areas, probably more so in practice weeks and stuff like that, that is probably the most important for me I think.

But, you know, a coach on the tour I think has to be a good mate, as well, not just a tennis coach purely because you're so one-on-one. It's not like a football team where they're looking after 40-odd guys. It's one-on-one. You've got to travel and be able to put up with that person's company the whole time.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
NOMAD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #112
country flag kim-fan

kim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond reputekim-fan has a reputation beyond repute

well done lleyton
and thank you for the interview
Old 03-17-2005, 06:20 AM   #113
country flag graffiti

graffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I was at the Mathieu match yesterday up in the bleachers for the shade and a guy came in and sat down behind me and to the left. I noticed he was taking notes like a coach on one of those little pads the coaches take notes on. Thought it was funny a coach would sit so far away from his player. Then I noticed he had on Nike shoes. Then I noticed no one on the court had on Nike clothing. All this "noticing" took place over several games. So then I was curious, but I didn't want to stare. So when the guy started writing again, I looked. Sure enough. It was Roger Rasheed doing his job by scouting Lleyton's next opponent.

Well done, Roger!
And thanks for the story!

I was totally surprised this morning after finding out bout Ll's easy win over Mathieu What's the deal?? Was he that bad or was Ll playing great?
Anyway, it's great news!
Is Lleyton playing Andre next? I'm kinda worried about that one...
graffiti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #114
country flag graffiti

graffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and I LOVE Ll's shirt!

The whole outfit actually
graffiti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #115
country flag SomL.

SomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond reputeSomL. has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Indian Wells 2005

Well done Lleyton Good luck Lleyton in next round

"Its impossible to explain what I felt in that moment, just very, very happy to win this title. For me, it is a dream to play in this tournament. But to win, I never imagined something like this."- Rafael Nadal

"It's not how much money I'm playing for. I'm playing because I love the game. I love competing." – Lleyton Hewitt
SomL. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #116
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Lleyton was on Stadium 2 and I had a front row seat!!!

I was sure he would win, although not so easily, but I wanted to sit really close to the court to see him play because there may never be another chance for me to see Lleyton so close up.

The energy and effort he puts into moving on the court is amazing. I mean, we all know that, but to sit so close and experience the sound of his feet on the court and his grunting eforts. And he is the MOST fidgety person on the change over. Adjusting his wristbands, pushing his hair back behind his ears adjusting his cap, picking at his shirt, pushing back his hair, adjusting his cap, bouncing his knees, adjusting his cap, smoothing the hair on his neck, adjusting his cap, adjusting his wristbands. All of this in rapid non stop motion, knees jiggling all the while. I've known meth users not this jittery.

And he looked great!!
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #117
country flag Socket

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
Lleyton was on Stadium 2 and I had a front row seat!!!

I was sure he would win, although not so easily, but I wanted to sit really close to the court to see him play because there may never be another chance for me to see Lleyton so close up.

The energy and effort he puts into moving on the court is amazing. I mean, we all know that, but to sit so close and experience the sound of his feet on the court and his grunting eforts. And he is the MOST fidgety person on the change over. Adjusting his wristbands, pushing his hair back behind his ears adjusting his cap, picking at his shirt, pushing back his hair, adjusting his cap, bouncing his knees, adjusting his cap, smoothing the hair on his neck, adjusting his cap, adjusting his wristbands. All of this in rapid non stop motion, knees jiggling all the while. I've known meth users not this jittery.

And he looked great!!
Thanks for the report, Christina! Seeing Lleyton play in person is so much better than on TV! I don't think he's returning to Washington this year, unfortunately. I'm going to have to seriously think about going to the US Open this year and shelling out the big bucks for Ashe Stadium seats.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #118
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and it's true that PHM did play like crap, but Lleyton served notice immediately that he was going to get to every single ball PHM hit and was going to make PHM work hard for every single point. Lleyton's ferocity on the court is tangible. PHM did win points and I think he even took Lleyton to deuce a few times, but he couldn't win games. He became very discouraged and even though he kept trying instead of just giving up, he was pressing and trying to do too much. He just couldn't figure out how to beat Lleyton consistently.

Also I saw Coria and Lleyton on the same court from nearly the same seat and it was interesting to compare them. Lleyton is some ways is even smaller than Coria. Of course, that could be because Lleyton looks like he is drowning in his oversized clothing. But Lleyton's feet make a lot of noise on the court and he is gasping and grunting more than Coria... or at least louder. It just seemed he was putting more effort into it than Coria. But, he didn't play any really long points like Coria played either.

The match was so one sided that I was afraid there would never be a "COME ON" from up close! But, at 3-0 in the second set, Lleyton obliged and roared a COME ON as he won the game. That was the only one.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #119
country flag Socket

The Lleyton-Agassi QF is scheduled to be televised at 5 pm (Eastern) on Friday on ESPN2.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #120
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I think all the other men's quarters are being played today. Lleyton has to play on Friday so even if he wins that means he has to turn around and play Saturday right away while everyone else has had a rest.