Indian Wells 2005 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #31
country flag NOMAD

NOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta
DO YOU THINK LLEYTON AND KIM WILL CHAT IN INDIAN WELLS???
Lley says that they probably will

Kim and Lleyton cross paths
By staff writers and wires
11mar05
FORMER grand slam lovebirds Kim Clijsters and Lleyton Hewitt have spoken publicly for the first time about their shock break-up last year.

The sporting duo, who called off their wedding in October, are appearing at the Pacific Life Open Tournament in Indian Wells, California this week - the first time they have crossed paths since the split.

Clijsters, now dating a Belgian underwear model, said yesterday she has no regrets about dumping the Aussie tennis ace.

"I made the right decision and I'm happy," Clijsters said. "I believe that if you stay positive, everything will turn out positive for both sides.

"That's the most important thing at the end of the day, that you are both happy. I think that will happen for both of us."

The 21-year-old Belgian ended her nine-month engagement to Hewitt a couple of weeks after suffering a recurrence of a wrist injury at the Belgian Open and being told she may never play tennis again.

It was a difficult time emotionally as the couple had been together for five years but she says she has now recovered.

"It's the past. I've learned so much out of those five years and it's an experience that everyone should have," Clijsters said after beating Australian Nicole Pratt 6-2 6-1 in the first round of the tournament.

"For a few weeks it was very tough but my family was there for me. Having that stability really helped me."

For Hewitt, focusing on tennis helped him pull through the difficult time.

"I came through a lot of things with everything going on off the court and played some of best tennis I have ever played," he said.

Hewitt is now engaged to Home & Awaystar Bec Cartwright and says he is happy with how things turned out.

"I feel comfortable within myself. The end of last year was a tough situation mentally for me. One of the reasons why I hold my performance at the Masters Cup in Houston last year in such high regard is that is was mentally tough as I have ever been."

Asked if it will be awkward to see Clijsters at the tournament, Hewitt said, "I don't think so. It is something I am going to have to go through. Of course it won't be like seeing any other player.

"But we both have big careers to look forward to. There is nothing I can do about it anyway. There is no bad blood or feelings.

"I haven't spoken to her for awhile but we will probably chat here."

Clijsters and Hewitt met at the Australian Open when Kim's sister Elke asked her to get Hewitt's autograph and they got engaged after a romantic boat trip around Sydney Harbour.

Clijsters reached No.1 in August 2003 without winning a major title, having lost in the finals of four grand slams.

Hewitt proposed to 19-year-old Cartwright in January, three months after the split with Clijsters.

"With Bec it is great the way things have turned out,"
Hewitt said. "Everything has panned out. It is good to not talk tennis all the time. She didn't know anything about tennis before I met her."

With Reuters and Agence France-Presse

Last edited by NOMAD : 03-11-2005 at 01:36 AM.
NOMAD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #32
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice quotes from both sides. I really hope they can be pleasant to each other, as it will likely be a load off both their minds.

Thanks, Picture Goddess

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:10 AM   #33
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Kim and Lleyton today. Not together, but pretty much at the same time. I was watching Lleyton at a practice court and was talking to a friend who was urging me to look out at the grassy area at all the amazing stars gathered there. And Kim walked by.

She was on the court behind Lleyton's.

It's all in my blog with everything else.

Lleyton looked great btw. Shirtless and on a court alone even though everyone else was doubling and tripling up.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 AM   #34
Jackie

Jackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update
Jackie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #35
country flag graffiti

graffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond reputegraffiti has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info!
graffiti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #36
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
On Friday, there is an exhibition to collect money for the tsunami-victims. The only top-player not mentioned in the announcement is Lleyton Hewitt. Was he omitted by mistake or did he decide not to take part? If so, why not? Does anyone know?
According to the latest report I've read, Lleyton IS mentioned as a participant as is Schrichaphan. Good for them!

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #37
country flag roberta

roberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond repute

star, you´re so lucky ´cause you saw lley...and kim,i´m so far away of them, and that´s soo it would be great to one day...see lleyton, i think that if one day i have the chance to see him,i would be like... ,´cause he´s my idol since a lot...time ago, (i think when he started to play pro.) sorry if i had a mistake...my english sucks.
roberta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
country flag roberta

roberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond reputeroberta has a reputation beyond repute

robinhood: how is possible that your join date is jan 2005 and you posted 208 times?? are you all the day long in the computer??!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #39
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond repute

your english is great roberta
Yes I saw Kim once and other players I really liked now Lleyton is next on my list, not sure when tho but hopefully one day

For Breast Cancer, please click here once a day
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #40
country flag roberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_queen
your english is great roberta
Yes I saw Kim once and other players I really liked now Lleyton is next on my list, not sure when tho but hopefully one day
thanks dancing_queen!!! i saw gaudio, cañas and moya once(´cause he always comes to argentina)and i was soo happy...so if one day i meet lleyton i could die...
Old 03-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #41
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
robinhood: how is possible that your join date is jan 2005 and you posted 208 times?? are you all the day long in the computer??!!!
Haha! I must be, I suppose.
I just leave short posts here and there from time to time, but I didn't even notice how many times I had posted.
Thank you for reminding me.

What about you, Roberta? Only 8 times since last December so far??
You should turn on your computer more often!!
It's great to be able to share your thoughts and read others'
since we all love tennis.
In US, there isn't as much coverage of tennis as there should be,
so this board has helped me out a lot!

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #42
Jackie

Jackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond reputeJackie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
star, you´re so lucky ´cause you saw lley...and kim,i´m so far away of them, and that´s soo it would be great to one day...see lleyton, i think that if one day i have the chance to see him,i would be like... ,´cause he´s my idol since a lot...time ago, (i think when he started to play pro.) sorry if i had a mistake...my english sucks.
Your English skills are better than a lot of people who speak it as their first language
Jackie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #43
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn straight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 08:27 AM   #44
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond repute

everyone, Jackie are you around, when I'm here for a change?

For Breast Cancer, please click here once a day
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #45
lleyrules

lleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant futurelleyrules has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I saw Kim and Lleyton today. Not together, but pretty much at the same time. I was watching Lleyton at a practice court and was talking to a friend who was urging me to look out at the grassy area at all the amazing stars gathered there. And Kim walked by.

She was on the court behind Lleyton's.

It's all in my blog with everything else.

Lleyton looked great btw. Shirtless and on a court alone even though everyone else was doubling and tripling up.
Who else was there - who was LL practising with and who was watching him?
lleyrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote