Indian Wells 2005 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #136
country flag jasmine(usa)

jasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond reputejasmine(usa) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandria
Thanks star for Lleyton's match report. He is a fidgety guy.

Good luck to Lleyton against Agassi !

(Finally, one of his matches ESPN will play for us! )
I'm happy we're getting the match, too. Good luck to Lleyts today!

Sometimes proud to be a Ducky fan, but has found a new Andy to love.
jasmine(usa) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #137
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygreen
Hi, it's my first visit here. Wish Lleyton all the good luck!
Welcome to the Lleyton forum. Hope you become a regular poster.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #138
country flag NOMAD

NOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygreen
Hi, it's my first visit here. Wish Lleyton all the good luck!
welcome,perrygreen

C'mon Lleyts

Thanks a lot for the reports,Christina The reports are so great to read.
NOMAD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #139
Sunshine1

Sunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond reputeSunshine1 has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi just withdrew due to injury.
Sunshine1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #140
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1
Agassi just withdrew due to injury.
Wow. Well, good luck to Lleyton tomorrow! I think he might want some more match practice, but at least he'll be well-rested.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:49 PM   #141
country flag thelma

thelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond reputethelma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry for Andre but our dear Lleyton is in semis!
thelma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #142
country flag NOMAD

NOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond reputeNOMAD has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi withdraws from Pacific Life Open
http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc.../50318002/1050
The Desert Sun
March 18, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDIAN WELLS – Andre Agassi withdrew from the Pacific Life Open this afternoon, citing a painful and swollen big left toe. Agassi was to face No. 2 Lleyton Hewitt in the quarterfinal round match at Indian Wells Tennis Garden at approximately 2 p.m.
“Last night I experienced pain and I thought it was a possible ingrown nail,’’ said Agassi, who last won the pacific Life Open in 2001 and posts a 35-15 career record in the desert with 17 appearances here. “I can’t bend it or move it and have quite a bit of pain when I maneuver it manually.”

Agassi said he felt pain all night, even when his toe rubbed up against the sheets. He propped up his foot on two pillows and said it didn’t relieve any pressure.

“I’m going to go see it it’s possibly a tendon that connects around the joint area or just a capsule of the joint,’’ he said. “All they can say is that kind of quick inflammation and swelling is a result of your body trying to protect something pretty serious. I need to get that done, which I am this afternoon.”

Agassi said when he arose this morning he was shocked at what he saw, but felt no indication of a problem when he went to bed.

“The night before a match, you’re jut trying to get your rest,’’ he said.
“Nothing you can really do about it anyhow. Thry tried to assess it for gout or any sort of infection. I thought maybe then I was bitten by something or it was some sort of infection, but they ruled that out.”

Hewitt, a two-time winner here, who has battled Agassi to 4-4 in head-to-head matches, said he was disappointed because the two have played tough matches in past meeting.

“He is always a good test for me,’’ he said. “I was looking forward to the match because I have been hitting the ball very well out there.
I have to look at the positive side as well, this just put me into another semifinals at Indian Wells.”

Tournament officials indicated that the evening match between Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova would be moved to this afternoon.

Agassi is also expected to address the crowd at Indian Wells Tennis Garden prior to the Davenport-Sharapova match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agassi pulls out of Indian Wells tourney

Associated Press

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. - Andre Agassi pulled out of his scheduled Friday afternoon match against Lleyton Hewitt because of a sore and swollen toe.

Agassi, 34, had advanced to the quarterfinals of the Pacific Life Open with a hustling 6-4, 6-1 victory over Guillermo Coria two days earlier.

Agassi said he was uncertain what the injury was, but that his left big toe began bothering him Thursday night.

"When I woke up (Friday morning), it was blown up like a balloon, twice the size. I was pretty shocked by what I saw. I can't bend it or move on it," Agassi said, explaining that the soreness was in the knuckle of the toe.

"It's just impossible for me to do anything. This is certainly not the way you want to see any tournament go, for the sake of all those involved. It's disappointing, for sure."

He was uncertain what the problem was, and was scheduled to undergo both X-rays and an MRI. He said he doesn't know when he will be able to play again.

Agassi, a former No. 1 currently ranked No. 9, said he was playing very well now and was looking forward to facing Hewitt, himself a former No. 1 who's ranked third.

"I am disappointed that Andre had to pull out today," Hewitt said. "We have had a lot of good, tough matches in the past. I have to look at the positive side as well. This just put me into another semifinals at Indian Wells."

Last edited by NOMAD : 03-18-2005 at 09:10 PM.
NOMAD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #143
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

You know, when a lot of players say that they're disappointed that their opponent withdrew, I don't believe them. I think they're really just happy to get a walkover into the next round. But Lleyton is so damned competitive that when he says it, I do believe him. I honestly think he'd rather play his best during a match and lose than get a walkover. Maybe he's nuts, but I do think that's his attitude.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Last edited by Socket : 03-18-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #144
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's just nuts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 PM   #145
country flag Socket

And that's why I love him.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #146
country flag perrygreen

perrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond reputeperrygreen has a reputation beyond repute

What a pity! I seldom have a chance to see Lleyton play. Anyway, he's through to the semis and hope he will beat whoever in his way to the title.
perrygreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:51 AM   #147
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

That match may have salvaged the day. Otherwise it was pretty poor. That's two successive days of poor play at this tournament

I actually walked out of the Davenport/Sharapova mess. ugh. At least Jonas was having a close match in the doubles on Stadium 2. But it was so cold and windy. I'm not going back tonight. I'll just watch it on tv. It's going to be cold and potentially wet. It could get really ugly. I hope they get the men's match in before it starts to rain.

Also tomorrow is dicey with the weather too.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:58 AM   #148
country flag Socket

Too bad, Christina. I was thinking of you when I found out about Agassi withdrawing and then saw the beating Lindsay put on poor Maria. People who wanted to see another barnburner between Lleyton and Andre must have been pretty disappointed.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-19-2005, 02:54 AM   #149
country flag sprinterluck

sprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond repute

Lleyton's in the semis.
Agassi would've been a good test for Lleyton to see where he's at right now against an elite player. But good thing he gets to rest up for the semis and I'm expecting him to get through to the final along with Federer.
sprinterluck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:47 AM   #150
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
Too bad, Christina. I was thinking of you when I found out about Agassi withdrawing and then saw the beating Lindsay put on poor Maria. People who wanted to see another barnburner between Lleyton and Andre must have been pretty disappointed.
I'm pretty happy now. I've opened a bottle of Clos de Bois pinot noir and I'm watching a pretty good match on tv..... so it's nice now.

I'm sort of thinking about how I need to spend tomorrow morning getting ready to leave