Stefan Kozlov - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stefan Kozlov

Maybe it's time to have a thread for him

What a great kid! BOYS' SINGLES QF in Wim. Good luck to him

Birth Date:1 February 1998

Place of birth: Skopje,Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

Backhand: Two-handed backhand

This Wimbledon result
Boys 18 GA - Grass

1/32WvsJoshua Sapwell(GBR)63 63
1/16WvsLucas Gomez(MEX)62 63
1/8WvsAlexander Zverev(GER)16 64 40 Ret'd

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan Kozlov

Prospects From Britain and U.S. Meet: http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...medium=twitter

Quote:
While more than one did advance to the second round and eight are in the top 100, none surfaced in the third round to make for a 101-year low. It was amid the gloomy backdrop that Edmund faced the American Stefan Kozlov in Thursday’s quarterfinals of the boys’ singles.

Edmund prevailed, 4-6, 6-1, 6-3, with Kozlov’s leg cramp in the third set leading to a less than nail-biting conclusion.

In this case, glancing at the junior rankings beforehand would not have provided an indication of the intrigue of the matchup on Court 3 and the players’ potential.

Kozlov, at No. 21 to head the American boys, was, at 15, the second-youngest in the boys’ singles draw. Edmund, three years older, sat at 62nd, the result of sparse participation at junior events. This week marks his farewell junior tournament. Both have turned professional.

Edmund shares the same fitness trainers as Murray, and like Britain’s major threat in the women’s pro ranks, Laura Robson, was born outside the United Kingdom. Kozlov was born in Macedonia to Russian parents and moved to the United States when he was, he said, 1 or 2. His father, Andrei, operates the Kozlov Tennis Academy in Pembroke Pines, Fla., and taught his son tennis.

Kozlov upset third-seed Alexander Zverev in the third round, aided when Zverev retired in the third set with a shoulder injury.

He hits his forehand and backhand with more oomph than his 5-foot-10 frame would suggest, moves well and possesses a nifty backhand slice, as Edmund discovered. His demeanor also impressed. Kozlov did not fuss when he began to visibly suffer from the cramp in his left leg at 3-3 in the third.

“I can’t let the other guy know I’m out of it,” he said.

He was, however, realistically out of it. Kozlov could not push off properly on his serve and in rallies, and the fifth-seeded Edmund took advantage. Edmund claimed 14 of the final 16 points.

“It was really tough to set your mind straight after starting to cramp,” Kozlov said.

His start was much better. Kozlov broke first, at 4-4, and fended off three break points to seal the opening set. When he broke again to begin the second, Kozlov took control. But instead of building on his advantage, he was broken immediately. Still backed by the crowd, even if small American flags could be seen, Edmund’s forehand – his weapon – stabilized. Outgoing and oft criticized L.T.A. chief executive Roger Draper was one of those in the stands.

Great Britain, thus, got the better of the United States on the Fourth of July. Barely.

“He’s a very good player,” said Edmund, a winner in doubles later Thursday. “He’s definitely one for the future. He still has a lot of Wimbledons to play. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts winning some.”

If Edmund captures the junior title, he would become the first British male to achieve the feat at Wimbledon in the Open Era. What a lift it would be as he seeks to improve his pro ranking and give Murray company in the top 100.

In the future, Kozlov wants to ease American woes.

“I have to work hard over the next couple of years and hopefully I get some wildcards and win a couple of rounds and get my ranking up there,” Kozlov said. “And stay there. Maybe be the top American, hopefully. It’s a goal.”

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Has been granted a maindraw wildcard into Newport Don't think he is ready for this, would prefer qualifying wc.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

and so it begins
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

I call this desperate for the next great american...sheesh
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
I call this desperate for the next great american...sheesh
It's also sports management agencies(in this case Octagon)that push their players too fast in a way that is counterproductive to their overall development....
Old 07-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
It's also sports management agencies(in this case Octagon)that push their players too fast in a way that is counterproductive to their overall development....
Agreed, Octagon is just as bad as IMG in this regard. I have noticed that a lot of the upcoming Americans are signed with Octagon.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Let's hope he draws a BBB, that might be the only way that he can keep it competitive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOWD3FUCUAAFljj.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg kozlov jr wimbledon.jpg (28.5 KB, 0 views)

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 07-05-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

He seems so excited though

Quote:
Stefan Kozlov ‏@StefanKozlov 3m

Excited to be awarded a WC into my first @ATPWorldTour event! Looking forward to it. Thanks again to @OctagonTennis and @TennisHalloFame

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #10
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he doesn't get beat too bad and that it's a good experience rather than a disappointing one.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Has been granted a maindraw wildcard into Newport Don't think he is ready for this, would prefer qualifying wc.
anyway good to see how good he is in today

Well. not a bad idea to give him a wild card to try

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
country flag Smoke944

I'm scared for the draw to come out later tonight
Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Delbonis in the entry list?

That would be a nice draw for Stefan.

EDIT: He withdrew, but Viola is still in the list. That's the money draw.

Last edited by The Prince : 07-06-2013 at 09:09 PM.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
country flag Smoke944

Tennis Hall of Fame ‏@TennisHalloFame 10m
15 year old WC @StefanKozlov vs Michal Przysiezny #ATPNewport

Not the worst draw but far from the best draw. Then again every draw is the worst draw because he shouldn't be getting a WC into an ATP event at this point Przysiezny played very well at Wimbledon, qualified and won a round.