Albert's article in Deuce magazine 2005 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Albert's article in Deuce magazine 2005

DEUCE Magazine March 18, 2005
DEUCE Magazine Exclusive Preview
Albert Costa Gives Readers An Exclusive Tour of Barcelona

From DEUCE, Spring 2005:

"Barcelona's Beauty"
by Albert Costa

If your heart beats a bit faster when the subject of sports comes up, my hometown of Barcelona is the city for you. And if, like me, your first love is tennis, then you'll be hard pressed to find just one place in the city to celebrate such a beautiful sport.

Barcelona and tennis have been linked since the sport's pioneers started playing in the city's parks and gardens in the early 20th century. But what was then a game is now one of the world's most popular pastimes. As such, Barcelona's spirit captures me as a whole, because tennis is practiced in almost every nook and cranny. You only have to watch the school buses to see how boys and girls, along with their books and lunches, carry some kind of sports equipment—and for many of them, it is a racquet.

They say that one falls in love with a city by strolling its streets and discovering its charming corners, but not me. Like many other Spanish tennis players of all generations, I fell in love with Barcelona—running. Let me explain. The Carretera de les Aigües is a road through the forest above the city, the Sierra de Collcerola , from which Barcelona can be appreciated in all its magnitude. This quiet path through the woods is used by most of the Spanish players for their training and, during rests between sprints, it's relaxing to catch your breath and catch this great view of the Mediterranean embracing the metropolis.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...xclusive_2.asp

Hey, I've been where Albert is in the photo--it's Park Guell!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 03-31-2005 at 02:32 PM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albert's article in Deuce magazine 2005

yeah!! park Güell is cool!! i've been there too!!

nice article, thanks!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

very thanks a lot for posting that!

RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!

Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona is MY fave Spanish city altho I also love Valencia [where I lived and studied] and Sevilla... still to see many others, like Bilbao, S Sebastian, Santiago de COmpostela, Palma de Mallorca, etc. I adore Spain... it's just SO vibrant and passionate, like its tennis players!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

yes!! I agree!!! I also lived in Valencia!!! I have to say Valencia is my fave Spanish city...Barcelona was nice...not sure if I could live there though. Have also been to Madrid, Alicante and Toledo...and in June I'll be going to Seville, Cordoba and Granada!!! I'd love to go to Mallorca sometime!!! Spain is the best!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote