Wimbledon R1: Steve Darcis def. [5] Rafael Nadal 7-6 (4) 7-6 (8) 6-4 - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #721
country flag Schumacher

Schumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon R1: Steve Darcis def. [5] Rafael Nadal 7-6 (4) 7-6 (8) 6-4

I have no time to read all this thread (700+ posts), and also because of all that hatred, it's tiring to me....

So i don't know, maybe somebody had already written this...

Of course I am disappointed, athough I didn't expected some kind of miracle from Rafa there, but I thought he could reach QF.
But I would't compare Darcis' performance with Rosol. Last year Rosol played match of his life. He was brilliant, serving aces left and right, playing massive forehand bombs, he was just too good all the match long. It was his life performance, something like Gulbis in Rome this year. It was 'top 10' level of play definitely. Rafa was defeated fairly, although he didn't played so bad.

Yesterday it was something totally different. Darcis played well and mainly consistent, he showed some good points, but that performance was nowhere near Rosol. No way. Yes, sure, it is Steve's best result of his life, memorable and so on, but Nadal was just rubbish. I mean I really don't want to diminish Steve's yesterday achievement. He really deserves that, there's no doubt about it, he was better.

But I want to compare Rosol and Darcis.
Look at Rafa's behaviour on court. Last year he was clearly angry. He tried, you definitely can't say he was rubbish, but Rosol was just too good. Yesterday - he was just zero. C'mon, I was watching the match, Nadal was totally resigned. I know I'd be probably accused for finding excuses, but I must to say that. Those, who watched yesterday - you had to see something is wrong with him. His movement...it was terrible. His double-handed backhand ended almost everytime in the middle of the net.

I don't want to say anything about his kness, it would be speculations. He also didn't mentioned injury, you must admit that - he accepted the loss like a man, despite many of you there hate him. I understand clay is his best surface, but I can't understand the change between his level at RG and yesterday. There must be something else than just 'not assimilated on the different surface'.

...just my opinion.
Schumacher is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #722
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon R1: Steve Darcis def. [5] Rafael Nadal 7-6 (4) 7-6 (8) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
I have no time to read all this thread (700+ posts), and also because of all that hatred, it's tiring to me....

Of course I am disappointed, athough I didn't expected some kind of miracle from Rafa there, but I thought he could reach QF.
But I would't compare Darcis' performance with Rosol. Last year Rosol played match of his life. He was brilliant, serving aces left and right, playing massive forehand bombs, he was just too good all the match long. It was his life performance, something like Gulbis in Rome this year. It was 'top 10' level of play definitely. Rafa was defeated fairly, although he didn't played so bad.

Yesterday it was something totally different. Darcis played well and mainly consistent, he showed some good points, but that performance was nowhere near Rosol. No way. Yes, sure, it is Steve's best result of his life, memorable and so on, but Nadal was just rubbish. I mean I really don't want to diminish Steve's yesterday achievement. He really deserves that, there's no doubt about it, he was better.

Look at Rafa's behaviour on court. Last year he was clearly angry. He tried, you definitely can't say he was rubbish, but Rosol was just too good. Yesterday - he was just zero. C'mon, I was watching the match, Nadal was totally resigned. I know I'd be probably accused for finding excuses, but I must to say that. Those, who watched yesterday - you had to see something is wrong with him. His movement...it was terrible. His double-handed backhand ended almost everytime in the middle of the net.

I don't want to say anything about his kness, it would be speculations. He also didn't mentioned injury, you must admit that - he accepted the loss like a man, despite many of you there hate him. I understand clay is his best surface, but I can't understand the change between his level at RG and yesterday. There must be something else than just 'not assimilated on the different surface'.

...just my opinion.
great post, polite and resaonable

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #723
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs. Haas

I think I can get over this loss quickly. I just hope he won't be gone for another 7 months.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #724
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get this right. nadal was injured so he couldn't play halle but he played the final in RG like it was nothing, no one mentioned anything about injuries. He rests 2 weeks but still this "injury" is so debilitating that he is limping in the 3rd set.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #725
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
So let me get this right. nadal was injured so he couldn't play halle but he played the final in RG like it was nothing, no one mentioned anything about injuries. He rests 2 weeks but still this "injury" is so debilitating that he is limping in the 3rd set.
Jeez, you're such a hata!

Can't you see Nadal's injury starts whenever he walks on grass?

It's a horrible handicap that prevents him from going to public parks, to mushroom picking in the forrest, and posh English garden parties

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #726
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post

...just my opinion.
I agree with this.

I have never seen Rafa the way he was yesterday. He accepted his defeat after getting broken in the third set. Against Rosol, he believed every single game that he was gonna break back, Vamosing on every point and never giving up...Basically what Rafa always does. He refused to think that Rosol is destined to win and always thought he can come back. If Rosol hadn't played untouchable tennis, I think Rafa would have broken back in that fifth set.
But this year? He was clearly thinking "I've seen this movie before and I'm gonna lose". Never seen him like that.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #727
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
Jeez, you're such a hata!

Can't you see Nadal's injury starts whenever he walks on grass?

It's a horrible handicap that prevents him from going to public parks, to mushroom picking in the forrest, and posh English garden parties
Sorry.

I didn't know about the grass only injury.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #728
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Mrs. Haas

I think I can get over this loss quickly. I just hope he won't be gone for another 7 months.
+1

And cudos to Mrs. Haas.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #729
country flag shmeeko69

shmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond repute

Taking nothing away from the excellent performance yesterday of Darcis, he really doesn't look comfortable anymore on grass. The US and the AO will probably tell us more about what lies ahead for Rafa in the next three to four years and besides RG, how many grand slam wins he has left in his locker.

Whilst Djokovic and the ever improving Murray are about, he may even struggle to hold on to his French Open dominance.

Betting Reviews

Racing Winners

Last edited by shmeeko69 : 06-25-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
shmeeko69 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #730
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
I agree with this.

I have never seen Rafa the way he was yesterday. He accepted his defeat after getting broken in the third set. Against Rosol, he believed every single game that he was gonna break back, Vamosing on every point and never giving up...Basically what Rafa always does. He refused to think that Rosol is destined to win and always thought he can come back. If Rosol hadn't played untouchable tennis, I think Rafa would have broken back in that fifth set.
But this year? He was clearly thinking "I've seen this movie before and I'm gonna lose". Never seen him like that.
I don't think that's what was going through his mind. More to the likes of "I can't move so I'm gonna lose". Rafa couldn't move last night...
Mercury is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #731
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
still nobody from those regular nadal tards who write all kind of dedications when he is winning to post in the thread, shame on you , such great sport like Rafa would be ashamed of you, injury prevented Rafa to win but still like great champ came on the court and fought unlike you
We were waiting until you exhaust your hatred. Usually takes like 1,000 posts. Look at the first 100 made within 5 minutes-- all the fedtards left their mark, pure comedy.

I didn't see the match, stupid sister insisted that I attended a dinner she had with a VIP couple (food was great though). Followed score on phone and couldn't believe my eyes, have no idea what happened. Rafa said he had no injury, so he didn't then. Shit happens. Congrats to Darcis and his fans.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #732
country flag R0B1S

R0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
She is obviously trolling. "Classy Rafa" is a giveaway. Classy and Dull are polar opposites.
R0B1S is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #733
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably confused and/or naive, but isn't grass softer on the body than clay? Or is it because it's more slippery and you have to bend more to reach the ball? It's a genuine question!

Either way it looks as if Nadal's Wimbledon glories are over. I can't see him lifting the trophy again. I think he might play next year then retire - if not even sooner.

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #734
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
Taking nothing away from the excellent performance yesterday of Darcis, he really doesn't look comfortable anymore on grass. The US and the AO will probably tell us more about what lies ahead for Rafa in the next three to four years and besides RG, how many grand slam wins he has left in his locker.

Whilst Djokovic and the ever improving Murray are about, he may even struggle to hold on to his French Open dominance.
The "Ever improving Murray" can certainly do damage elsewhere, but I really don't expect him to suddenly learn how to play on clay after turning 26.

Nadal has not been affected by any serious health problems in the clay season since 2004, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dominate yet again on clay in 2014. I don't expect him to do much elsewhere.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #735
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

huzzah, this would have happened all the time to Nadal if he had played in the 90s

real grass = moonballers out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread