David Ferrer can become world number two before Rogers Cup - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Ferrer can become world number two before Rogers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
How the hell is Vulture ahead of Murray?
Murray pretty much skipped the entire clay court season, skipped Dubai too... he has AO final and Miami title and that's pretty much it.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #17
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will happen though.
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how I would feel about that honestly.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #19
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

that would be bizarre and entirely a fluke

his results so far this season have not been as good as Djokovic, Nadal, or Murray
better than Federer arguably but still
I love Ferrer but if this somehow does occur it would be a very brief stay and deservingly short.
Ferrer has definitely had some luck this season as it is, his Roland Garros draw was incredibly fortunate with Tsonga being the only real big player he faced
also arguably his Wimbledon draw is as fortunate as they come

I'll be happy for David but it will truly be a bit of a fluke due to Nadal's partial absence last year, Olympic points dropping, and Ferrer's strangely large amount of points from the latter end of last season

even if it does happen it will probably change within weeks or a month so
cool though David! hard work goes a long way I suppose

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
country flag Big Bodacious

Big Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond repute

Would be epic.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #21
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that would be bizarre and entirely a fluke

his results so far this season have not been as good as Djokovic, Nadal, or Murray
better than Federer arguably but still
I love Ferrer but if this somehow does occur it would be a very brief stay and deservingly short.
Ferrer has definitely had some luck this season as it is, his Roland Garros draw was incredibly fortunate with Tsonga being the only real big player he faced
also arguably his Wimbledon draw is as fortunate as they come
Not sure what is the fluke there; Ferrer has had SF and F at the last two slams, and at the French Open, everybody was saying how Tsonga was the lucky one, since he got "only Ferrer". It turns out that Ferrer used his chance, while Tsonga didn't use his, and it wasn't even a close match. That's the whole point really, use your chances when they appear.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #22
country flag Joao

Joao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond repute

This would mean, as many on this forum would say, that this is a weak era! For someone with no weapons (except extremely good defense) to reach that high ranking in a time when Nadal, Murray and Djokovic are supposed to be at their peak, reflects poorly on the state of the tour!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #23
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
This would mean, as many on this forum would say, that this is a weak era! For someone with no weapons (except extremely good defense) to reach that high ranking in a time when Nadal, Murray and Djokovic are supposed to be at their peak, reflects poorly on the state of the tour!
Just because Ferrer can't hurt Fed or Nadal doesn't mean he has no weapons. Besides, his stay at #2 may be short if it happens at all, but he's top 5 for a long time now.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Del Potro will deal with this vulture scrub in QF's

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #25
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
Peak Kei can beat a good Nole. The gap between their best is very small.

Candidate for a post of the year. Signature material.
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #26
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

can't wait to hear Lenders story.

He vulture 250's and 500 until he was top 8, good enough to get weak draws to the QF every event(which of course he doesn't deserve), conbined with Nadal's injury to get him top 4 and weak draws to the SF everytime(which he also didn't deserve), which gets him top 2 and weak draws to the final everytime(which he doesn't deserve) and eventually then he'll be number 1

It'll be the ultimate undeserving vulture story for the ages.

Or maybe he's actually kinda good and deserves his rankings and all the results he getting, novel concept I know

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

He beat good players at RG and Wimbledon last year but given the guy is talking about since Roger's Cup, he beat Tsonga twice and Del Potro once (not qualifying from the group), aside from that he's not really beaten any great calibre opponents, yet Murray has won a Slam title, beaten Djokovic to win it, Federer twice, Tsonga twice, Berdych twice and won another AMS title, seriously if Ferrer is ranked above him in points obtained from Canada 2012 onwards, then that suggests serious faults in the ranking system. Nadal I can understand given he played no match for half a year.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #28
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
He beat good players at RG and Wimbledon last year but given the guy is talking about since Roger's Cup, he beat Tsonga twice and Del Potro once (not qualifying from the group), aside from that he's not really beaten any great calibre opponents, yet Murray has won a Slam title, beaten Djokovic to win it, Federer twice, Tsonga twice, Berdych twice and won another AMS title, seriously if Ferrer is ranked above him in points obtained from Canada 2012 onwards, then that suggests serious faults in the ranking system. Nadal I can understand given he played no match for half a year.
You don't get extra points when you beat Federer or Djokovic Murray is still leading by 1300 points, but he's going to drop 2k, that's a lot.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #29
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
No, he didn't beat any good players. Injured Murray and del Potro on their worst surfaces do not qualify as good players, I'm afraid, and the same can be said about both tanking and mentally tired Tsonga (Paris and RG respectively). Agree about the rest though, although the ranking system being a joke isn't exactly breaking news. It doesn't matter, he can vulture whatever ranking he wants, he still be inferior to every player with a Slam.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

If he ever reach that ranking es because it is totally deserved. Rankings work that way and he has taken advantage of, congrats to him.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote