Any German-speaking MTF-ers? Interview with Toni. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #16
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any German-speaking MTF-ers? Interview with Toni.

Part 4:

Spanish question:

Rafael doesn’t like to be in the centre of attention and doesn’t have any airs and graces. Were you responsible for it that he didn’t lose the grip on reality?

Toni:

Rafael grew up with a certain name because his uncle was a professional football player who played in the national team and for Barcelona.
Rafael was already very good when he was young and won tournaments in Spain and in Europe. I always told him that he is a very good player and that he is good in one thing – in tennis. But how many things can we do in our lives? 1000? 2000? I don’t know. He only makes one thing very good. He doesn’t have a reason to think he is a star. He knows where he is. All people have their feet’s on the ground even though some think they don’t.

Alex:

What are the differences between the tennisplayer Rafael Nadal and the person Rafael?

Toni:

There are few differences. When Rafael was young he was very tough on the court, had a good decision but not off the court. On the court he was very passionately. I think he is a nice person on both sides – on and off the court.

Sorry, but it's not possible to translate everything but I guess you got an impression of the things Toni said
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #17
country flag vpmrosulate

vpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
In other words, "My nephew liked football better but I forced him to play tennis several hours a day anyway".

Who knows what else he forced him to do in order to be a "better player"...

awful coach all around
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ne...d=2084910.html
And I'm sure del Potro isn't the only one. Must be a lot of awful coaches in the world?

(Kareem Abdul Jabbar's son Adam apparently hated basketball and ditched it for tennis, and when he said as much on a Reddit AMA, a user was like, oh you're 6'8", you must have del Potro's range. Likely the first time I ever saw his name in a non-tennis setting. But mainly I was thinking, finally someone has tennis as his favorite sport. Here we have Nadal, del Potro, and also Acasuso, whose Twitter description tells of his wish to have played basketball instead.)

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Tursunov/Giorgi
Davydenko/Janowicz/Verdasco/Lopez
Soderling/Cilic/Blake

Last edited by vpmrosulate : 06-22-2013 at 04:34 AM.
vpmrosulate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #18
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo would be the Argentine Peter Crouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote