If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 06-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #46
country flag shiaben
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Had this thread in mind too. I think the Federer defeat won't be as memorable but then again Federer is not too old either, not like he's 35, he's capable of showing up. I think Nadal won't pull through. Not that I don't want him but to go through Federer first, than Murray, than Djokovic is a mouthful. Not impossible but very exhausting and challenging. Djokovic will be fresh after the semifinals.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #47
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,850
duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal beat Youzhny in 2hrs 13 mins, not 3hr 36.
Kiedis posting lies to try and make an argument.

And he must discount all the time for buttpicking,.... Roger's matches always last less and Djokovic was tired in the final, fact. This was pre-2011.
__________________
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #48
country flag RForehand
Registered User
 
RForehand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 2,940
RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Kiedis posting lies to try and make an argument.

And he must discount all the time for buttpicking,.... Roger's matches always last less and Djokovic was tired in the final, fact. This was pre-2011.
Nadaltards twisting the facts and lying.
NID
__________________
--Federer--Ferrer--Kyrgios--Coric--
RForehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #49
country flag Kiedis
Registered User
 
Kiedis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,561
Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Kiedis posting lies to try and make an argument.

Roger's matches always last less and Djokovic was tired in the final, fact. This was pre-2011.
I made a mistake looking at the timesheets, but your are the lier when you say that I need this to made an argument. Are you being serious when you said that Nole was defeated because he played a 3 1/2 hour match having a full day of rest? Really?


Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
And he must discount all the time for buttpicking,....
Because Nole is the more fast guy out there serving

Too much idiocy in your post, but this is no novelty, isn't it?
__________________
Free Edward Snowden | Free Brad Manning | Free SDG | Free CD

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
country flag Fed=ATPTourkilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,400
Fed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
... where would it rank in the open era in terms of greatest quality of QF>SF>F opponents en route to a Grand Slam victory?

Nadal has a chance to defeat the world number 3, 2 and 1 in succession to win a GS - has this ever happened before? Same fed has a good chance to beat 5, 2 and 1 in succession which is ultra impressive consider the 5 is Nadal.

I hope the winner comes from this quarter. Rafa has a chance to equal the grass head to head here with Fed. But if Fed does indeed beat Rafa i hope he goes on to win it.
I think Nadal will do it but I'm not sure how impressive it will be. Federer will most likely go down in straights - don't see how he can hurt Nadal these days.

Going through peak Federer, Murray and then Djokovic would be an amazing achievement.
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #51
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,850
duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
I made a mistake looking at the timesheets, but your are the lier when you say that I need this to made an argument. Are you being serious when you said that Nole was defeated because he played a 3 1/2 hour match having a full day of rest? Really?




Because Nole is the more fast guy out there serving

Too much idiocy in your post, but this is no novelty, isn't it?
Yes, Djokovic was tired in that final. You surely know Djokovic had trouble with the heat in the match against Troicki going to 5 sets. The Djokovic in 2010 was not the same as in 2011 or 2012 where he has better stamina than nadal.

Ok, you made a mistake but didn't you find it strange for a 6-2 6-3 6-4 match to last 3 and a half hours even for nadal's standards?!

Roger Djokovic semis in 2010 and 2011 were 224 and 231 minutes respectively. Djokovic Troicki 5 setter lasted 220 minutes. nadal murray 4 sets semis in 2011 were 204 minutes. What I'm trying to say is you can't compare match times when nadal plays because we all know the shenanigans he goes through during the matches. As you can see nadal's 4 set matches last almost as long as Djokovic's 5 setters even when Roger is not involved.

Even if Djokovic wastes some time it is less than nadal and having played Roger who plays fast, it doesn't matter who stands in the other side of the net because when Roger is serving he goes fast and the returner has to play to the server's rhythm.

So you weren't trying to make the argument that nadal's semis had lasted almost as much time as Djokovic's?! Even if that were true we all know we need to apply a correction factor to nadal's matches's time.
__________________

Last edited by duarte_a : 06-22-2013 at 11:37 AM.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #52
country flag Timot
Registered User
 
Timot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 28
Posts: 2,326
Timot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

If Janowicz defeats Fed, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic back-to-back, it will be even better.
Timot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
country flag Kyle_Johansen
Registered User
 
Kyle_Johansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 22
Posts: 9,116
Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal beat Youzhny in 2hrs 13 mins, not 3hr 36.
That makes a lot more sense.
__________________
Federer fan, writer, tennis player.
Top 10 all-time list (Open Era)
1) Federer 2) Sampras 3) Nadal 4) Laver 5) Borg
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #54
country flag your_valentine
Registered User
 
your_valentine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,091
your_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

What the hell does the thread title mean?
your_valentine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #55
country flag Kyle_Johansen
Registered User
 
Kyle_Johansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 22
Posts: 9,116
Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_valentine View Post
What the hell does the thread title mean?
If Federer or Nadal go through each other and then Andy and Novak how good an achievement would it be?
__________________
Federer fan, writer, tennis player.
Top 10 all-time list (Open Era)
1) Federer 2) Sampras 3) Nadal 4) Laver 5) Borg
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #56
country flag your_valentine
Registered User
 
your_valentine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,091
your_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
If Federer or Nadal go through each other and then Andy and Novak how good an achievement would it be?
Geez, why not use this as the thread title Thanks mate.

Fed is the GOAT. He will prevail. If he's to lose then hopefully to Novak in the final.
your_valentine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #57
country flag Kiedis
Registered User
 
Kiedis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,561
Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Yes, Djokovic was tired in that final. You surely know Djokovic had trouble with the heat in the match against Troicki going to 5 sets. The Djokovic in 2010 was not the same as in 2011 or 2012 where he has better stamina than nadal.

Ok, you made a mistake but didn't you find it strange for a 6-2 6-3 6-4 match to last 3 and a half hours even for nadal's standards?!

Roger Djokovic semis in 2010 and 2011 were 224 and 231 minutes respectively. Djokovic Troicki 5 setter lasted 220 minutes. nadal murray 4 sets semis in 2011 were 204 minutes. What I'm trying to say is you can't compare match times when nadal plays because we all know the shenanigans he goes through during the matches. As you can see nadal's 4 set matches last almost as long as Djokovic's 5 setters even when Roger is not involved.

Even if Djokovic wastes some time it is less than nadal and having played Roger who plays fast, it doesn't matter who stands in the other side of the net because when Roger is serving he goes fast and the returner has to play to the server's rhythm.

So you weren't trying to make the argument that nadal's semis had lasted almost as much time as Djokovic's?! Even if that were true we all know we need to apply a correction factor to nadal's matches's time.
As always ocurrs with Fedtards like you is a continuous bla, bla, bla of childish excuses to try to justify the unjustifiable. Nole, as occurred so many times in tennis history had a 3 1/2 hours SF and he had A FULL DAY OF REST and played in a COLD DAY. Nadal had a harder path in AO 2009 without that day of rest and suffering the australian heat but this was no problem to put mourning his bitch in the final.

Nole lost first set against Rafa, maybe because he was very tired, wasn't it? and he was swept of the court in the other two sets. I could understand you and the rest of tards using the "tired card" if final was a tough match of five sets, but Nole was outplayed from the beginning.

Your credibility as tennis poster is zero rigth now. Well, you always can try your way like a weak and laughable troll. Ouch, you already are trying, so try harder, tard
__________________
Free Edward Snowden | Free Brad Manning | Free SDG | Free CD

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #58
country flag Shanksgiving
Registered User
 
Shanksgiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,502
Shanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

So this Duarte_a clown acknowledged a Nadal fan's nice words towards Roger in his sig, while he continued to dish out his hate of Nadal in every one of his posts.... what a classy dude
Shanksgiving is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #59
country flag Avi14
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Avi14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,268
Avi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksgiving View Post
So this Duarte_a clown acknowledged a Nadal fan's nice words towards Roger in his sig, while he continued to dish out his hate of Nadal in every one of his posts.... what a classy dude
Yep particularly the last portion of the bolded part "MTF depresses me with the hate it gives to Roger"

I wonder what exactly Duarte_a is posting about Rafa.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
You might as well just watch Rocky punching a side of beef until it's bloody.
Avi14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #60
country flag Rafaspin
Game, Set, Match - Nadal
 
Rafaspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 642
Rafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond reputeRafaspin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi12 View Post
Yep particularly the last portion of the bolded part "MTF depresses me with the hate it gives to Roger"

I wonder what exactly Duarte_a is posting about Rafa.
Just to clarify - MTF deppresses/irritates me whenever i have to read childish and vindictive bile against any tennis player. Especially considering a lot of it comes from fellow Australians - a nation that prides itself on sportsmanship, respect for opponents and grace in victory or defeat. To dedicate your life to been good enough to play tennis professionally and be ranked 500th in the world is a hell of a lot more than any lonely pathetic keyboard warrior like 'Honestly' will ever achieve in his miserable life.

What's the go with this place? Are the mods recruited from 4chan? 90% troll garbage, 10% decent tennis discussion = MTF.
__________________

Last edited by Rafaspin : 06-22-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Rafaspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios