If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #31
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
federer and nadal will not win this....

this is for nole , or murray.

fedal has no chance here , nadal because he have a very tough draw and this is not clay , and federer because he is old and nt in his peak anymore.

if this is peak federer and he can pass nadal , murray and nole would be easy for him on grass.

but now even in grass murray and nole are very hard for him
This.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #32
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nadal/Federer defeats Fed/Nadal>Andy>Nole en route to the wimbledon crown...

Nobody should count Federer out against Nadal.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Nobody should count Federer out against Nadal.
Whoever wins the match will be brimming with confidence going into the potential Murray encounter. Not good.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
Considering how tough Novak is, to beat. It's hard to imagine Rafa, through all of those matches and then beating Novak in the final.
If he gets to the final Djokovic will lose in 4 sets to Nadal like it should have been at RG. Nadal will not choke this time. But I don't see Djokovic going past Berdych.
5000 rpm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
country flag Net Cord

Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond reputeNet Cord has a reputation beyond repute

If Federer or Nadal were to win over Federer/Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic, that would be pretty impressive. But I'm not sure that it would top Michael Stich's QF/SF/F wins in 1991.

In the QF, he beat #4 Jim Courier, who was coming off of wining the French Open. Courier wasn't the world's greatest grass court player, but he was competent enough on the surface, making the finals in 1993.

In the SF, he beat #1 Stefan Edberg, the defending Wimbledon champion, who also won in 1988 and made the finals in 1989, losing to Becker. Edberg was 25-1 in his last 26 matches at Wimbledon coming into that encounter and had swept through Queen's Club and his first 5 matches at Wimbledon without dropping a set. This was arguably the Swede's best form of his career as he was in the middle of his second year at #1 and would go on to cruise to the U.S. Open title later in the summer.

In the F, he beat #2 Boris Becker, who would become #1 after the tournament. Becker was also arguably in the best form of his career in 1991, having won the Australian Open and made the semifinals at the French Open. It was the only year in which he held the #1 ranking (in January-February and July-September). Becker had lost to Edberg in the 1990 and 1988 finals and won in 1989 (and in 1985 and 1986) and was 25-2 in his last 27 matches at Wimbledon coming into the match against Stich.

Again, Federer or Nadal winning this year would be extremely impressive. But Stich beating Edberg and Becker at their arguable peaks at Wimbledon in back to back matches would be tough to beat.
Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #36
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
I'd still consider USO 2010 as Rafa's greatest GS - 95% of tennis fans and experts never thought he'd make a USO final, let alone win it in such dominant fashion after doing the channel slam.
It was opportunistic....he was never going to get many chances like that and he knew it well and capitalised. A cakewalk draw....SF with Youzhny....and a final with an Fed-worn Nole. Great for him that he got one when the going was good....but I think is sells him short to say that it was his greatest slam victory.
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #37
country flag Federer-Fan

Federer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000 rpm View Post
If he gets to the final Djokovic will lose in 4 sets to Nadal like it should have been at RG. Nadal will not choke this time. But I don't see Djokovic going past Berdych.
No way... What you said is silly... Djokovic was also two points away from winning his serve game at 5-5. Plus Nadal didn't beat Novak outside of clay since three years. At the FO, it was on clay, perfect conditions for Rafa (very sunny), Djokovic played bad during at least two sets and still very close to win the match. If the final is between these two guys, slight advantage to the world number one IMO.
Federer-Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #38
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

If Nadal did this, there wouldn't be ANY excuse against him. Amazing achievement on grass.

Vamos.
ne znam ali mozda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #39
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebargate View Post
It was opportunistic....he was never going to get many chances like that and he knew it well and capitalised. A cakewalk draw....SF with Youzhny....and a final with an Fed-worn Nole. Great for him that he got one when the going was good....but I think is sells him short to say that it was his greatest slam victory.
They play on Monday. Nole was well rested. Cut de crap, mate.

Edit: plus Djoker / Roger played 3 hours 44 minutes, and Nadal vs Youzhny played 3 hours and 36 minutes, only 8 minutes of difference.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-22-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #40
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
They play on Monday. Nole was well rested. Cut de crap, mate.

Edit: plus Djoker / Roger played 3 hours 44 minutes, and Nadal vs Youzhny played 3 hours and 36 minutes, only 8 minutes of difference.
Did you watch the same match as i did ? Youzhny was nothing in this match and he was tired , He defeated
Isner and other guys but there were quite battles.
So Youzhny was tired. Nadal was so lucky to win this US Open 10.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #41
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

That Nadal/Youzhny was only 8 minutes shorter than Federer/Djokovic is pathetic.

How did it take Rafa that long to win 62 63 64? Pretty sure he didn't take 50 seconds between serving.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #42
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
That Nadal/Youzhny was only 8 minutes shorter than Federer/Djokovic is pathetic.

How did it take Rafa that long to win 62 63 64? Pretty sure he didn't take 50 seconds between serving.
Nadal once beat Massu 6-3 6-2 in Toronto, 2006 I think it was, and it lasted nearly 2 hours
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #43
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Did you watch the same match as i did ? Youzhny was nothing in this match and he was tired , He defeated
Isner and other guys but there were quite battles.
So Youzhny was tired. Nadal was so lucky to win this US Open 10.
Nadal has won finals after playing many grueling matches just before. Many other players have done as well. Stop being so pathetic and get over it, he won because that year he was the best.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-22-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #44
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal once beat Massu 6-3 6-2 in Toronto, 2006 I think it was, and it lasted nearly 2 hours
I can imagine what a push fest that was as well between the 2 Olympic champions.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #45
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal beat Youzhny in 2hrs 13 mins, not 3hr 36.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote