~~ GOAT discussions ~~ Vol. 2 (Argument if appendicitis Nadal would beat Fed) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How relevant is it to GOAT discussions

Very relevant. It is even more important than slams 11 7.05%
It is the next metric after slams 104 66.67%
No, it is not relevant at all 32 20.51%
It will only be relevant when Rafa wins it 9 5.77%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~ GOAT discussions ~~ Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenKJohn View Post
Dethroning is not good enough. He has to stay there atleast 100 more weeks only then he is enough to be in the discussions for GOAT. Right now he is not in the discussion
300 weeks at #1 argument was crushed to pieces just a few days ago. Nadal's prime was a result of overcoming an all time great before him in his prime. That is the only reason why he stayed at #2 for 3 years. Federer's prime was a result of overcoming a bunch of nobodies like him when he started his domination in 2003. He had the luxury of not having to overcome any all time greats in their primes. That is the only reason why he has 300 weeks at the top. Like his French Open title, his 300 weeks at #1 has an asterix next to it.
5000 rpm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute5000 rpm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Nadal is slowly but surely putting an end to the GOAT discussions. It won't be long until the whole world will see the light and call Rafa the undisputed GOAT
Yeah, just a matter of 3 more non-clay slams and he's the GOAT.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

too good this thread

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Growth factors ain't what they used to be.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...69&postcount=4

Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I hope Dull does not go on another maternity leave this year after another embarrassing loss to some unknown scrub at Wimbledon. He has to man up and finish the second half of the season and face his rivals in their favorite surface.
I hope you don't do anything to yourself or people around you when your nightmare wins a non-clay slam this year shutting you up on all holes.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #20
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000 rpm View Post
It's you and he who are wrong. Turkey never dethroned Nadal. He achieved it in the absence of Nadal. He dethroned only Djokovic last year(in the absence of Nadal).

Won RG and Wimbledon. Not his fault Dull lost to Soderling.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I hope Dull does not go on another maternity leave this year after another embarrassing loss to some unknown scrub at Wimbledon. He has to man up and finish the second half of the season and face his rivals in their favorite surface.
Exactly. I always loved watching Dull at the WTF, too bad he missed it last year.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #22
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post

Won RG and Wimbledon. Not his fault Dull lost to Soderling.
Asserting that as if he won beating Nadal. He just beat his pigeons as usual in the absence of Nadal.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #23
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Asserting that as if he won beating Nadal. He just beat his pigeons as usual in the absence of Nadal.
I'm asserting that as if he had won which he did.

He beat who he had to beat, in the finals the same player nadal beat in the 2010 final.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
country flag xcom

xcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Volume two is here...

If Nadal dethrones Djokovic and ascends to the No1 position this year, that would mean Nadal is the only player from this era who dethroned two all time greats from their No1 position.
Clay season is over, I hope you go back to the hole where you came from .

xcom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I am really getting tired of this bullshit mods. I don't mind Rafa fans talking about the love of their favorite player. That's natural. But look at the threads on the front page. The majority of them are some bullshit about Rafa being this, Kafalnikov saying that about Rafa, this dude saying this about Rafa, Rafa being that. What happened to MTF. No tennis but just fan posts about Rafa.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
country flag Joao

Joao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond reputeJoao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
What is there to discuss? Nadal = GOAT. At least 2 slams on every surface. Career golden slam. Record masters titles. At least 1 slam for 9 consecutive years. 20-10 H2H against Swiss Nose. I could go on and on. Close the thread, mods.
8 out of 12 slams on clay; 18 out 24 MS on clay; 13-2 H2H against Federer on clay (7-8 on other surfaces); didn't win a single title off clay during a 21 months period; as a matter of fact 13 of his last 14 titles have been all in clay (and this during his so-called peak years); I could go on and on.

A player with such an unbalanced resume could never be considered G.O.A.T. if such thing existed ... so yes nothing to discuss here!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #27
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
300 weeks at #1 argument was crushed to pieces just a few days ago. Nadal's prime was a result of overcoming an all time great before him in his prime. That is the only reason why he stayed at #2 for 3 years. Federer's prime was a result of overcoming a bunch of nobodies like him when he started his domination in 2003. He had the luxury of not having to overcome any all time greats in their primes. That is the only reason why he has 300 weeks at the top. Like his French Open title, his 300 weeks at #1 has an asterix next to it.
lol.. just checked the ATP and ITF sites.. looks like they forgot to put your asterisk next to Roger's results. Guess every tennis fan in the world will have to find their way to your post to look for an imaginary asterisk

"[Roger] You Are My Magnificent Obsession"
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
country flag 5000 rpm
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
Clay season is over, I hope you go back to the hole where you came from .
But you are out of your hole when AO is over long back?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #29
country flag dazed1

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
What is there to discuss? Nadal = GOAT. At least 2 slams on every surface. Career golden slam. Record masters titles. At least 1 slam for 9 consecutive years. 20-10 H2H against Swiss Nose. I could go on and on. Close the thread, mods.
I hope this time your perma banned, can't stand you really.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #30
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
8 out of 12 slams on clay; 18 out 24 MS on clay; 13-2 H2H against Federer on clay (7-8 on other surfaces); didn't win a single title off clay during a 21 months period; as a matter of fact 13 of his last 14 titles have been all in clay (and this during his so-called peak years); I could go on and on.

A player with such an unbalanced resume could never be considered G.O.A.T. if such thing existed ... so yes nothing to discuss here!
Nothing more that needs to be added really. And Nadal is a great player, one of the greatest. But he hasn't shown that off clay, at least on a consistent basis. 15 titles out of clay just doesn't cut it. Sorry.
The stain on Fed's resume will probably always be that one thing. Nadal's h2h.
Nadal's stain is his inconsistency out of clay. That's all that needs to be said.

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Growth factors ain't what they used to be.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...69&postcount=4

Last edited by Rychu : 06-20-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote