Monday OP & Scores - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #1
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monday OP & Scores

Matches Start at 10 AM

Stadium:

(8)Lars Burgsmuller vs. Yen-Hsun Lu
ALEX BOGOMOLOV, JR. vs. Jeff Salzenstein
Justin Gimelstob vs. Kristof Vliegen
(6)Irakli Labadze vs. (WC)Alex Kuznetsov

Starting at 7 PM

Janko Tipsarevic vs. Jan-Michael Gambill

(WC)James Blake/Thomas Blake vs. (3)Yves Allegro/Michael Kohlmann

Clubhouse

Start at 10 AM

Wesley Moodie vs. Giovanni Lapentti

Graydon Oliver/Travis Parrott vs. Ashley Fisher/Chris Haggard
(4)Rick Leach/Brian MacPhie vs. Jordan Kerr/Jim Thomas
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday OP & Scores

This tournament really should not have night matches. It is truly brutal for both fans and players.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Leena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel for those poor players and fans suffering in 60 degree weather!
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #4

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Especially with the risk of rain. Matches should be played with the possibility of getting them done and respect to the players. If Scottsdale winter is anything like Palmdale winter and 7 PM in February...BRRRRRRRR
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 02-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Leena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond repute

Palmdale and those harsh winters!
Old 02-20-2005, 10:54 PM   #6
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Leena, it's nowhere near 60 at night in Scottsdale at this time. They'll be lucky if it's 60 at the warmest time of the day. Last year, I went to a night match and it was in the upper 40s at best (plus it was really dry desert climate with an even colder dry breeze). It was really bad. My mom and I couldn't bear to stay for the doubles match after, we were dying. And we're people from cold climates, and my mom is one of those people who's always hot even if it's like 0 degrees, and even she was freezing.

Plus it's not fair to the players. That's COLD. Andy had back troubles last year and he kept saying that the night matches were preventing him from loosening up, but that they wouldn't schedule him during the day. Plus they have enough courts to play on, they don't need to have night matches.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

I play tennis in 10 degree weather on ice!

These scrubs are making millions!

Get your ass out there, and shut your yap, boys!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Leena, it's nowhere near 60 at night in Scottsdale at this time. They'll be lucky if it's 60 at the warmest time of the day. Last year, I went to a night match and it was in the upper 40s at best (plus it was really dry desert climate with an even colder dry breeze). It was really bad. My mom and I couldn't bear to stay for the doubles match after, we were dying. And we're people from cold climates, and my mom is one of those people who's always hot even if it's like 0 degrees, and even she was freezing.
Ahh...Scottsdale is warm compared to it's Cali desert neighbor

Seriously, this is when the tourney organizers see $$$ and don't give a crap about the guys who have to play. Hello?! The pros can get colds too.

<Leena> Not all of the pros are millionaires. *Getting off soapbox now*
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 02-20-2005, 11:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leena
Palmdale and those harsh winters!
Love the sarcasm

Something tells me that you may not even know where the A.V. is . If you know what A.V. means I'll be impressed
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 02-20-2005, 11:05 PM   #10
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Hello?! The pros can get colds too.
Not that as much as muscle problems. In the one match I Saw, both players had to call out the trainer to get stuff worked on. And it wasn't a particularly tough or long match and neither player had problems earlier in the week (though, now that I think of it, it was their second match in the same day...maybe I should shut up now lol)...

anyway, there's still no need for night matches here. It could be even worse for the fans than it is for the players. At least they get to run around.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #11
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh goddess, Deb, you are scaring me. Seriously. JMG has enough problems getting his legs warmed up sometimes. Even if he prefers night matches and lives in a place with snow on the ground right now, I don't like the idea of this match (or the fact that I don't think he left Memphis until Sunday). Perhaps I should do a pagan moon dance for him or something

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to JANKO!
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #13
country flag Deboogle!.

Sorry, Fee, don't mean to worry you He's popular in Scottsdale, I'm sure he'll do ok. I remember last yea both he and Andy had to call the trainer during their match... it was soooo cold. I think Jan-Mike got his leg rubbed down or something with the warming stuff, but I don't remember for sure. I think that's why Andy warmed up RIGHT before his match, I think his normal thing is a couple hours before (at least, that's what he did in Houston where it WAS in the 60s at night lol). Yea...

why'd he stay in Memphis so long?

Old 02-20-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Love the sarcasm

Something tells me that you may not even know where the A.V. is . If you know what A.V. means I'll be impressed
Sorry.

As a resident of Buffalo, whenever I hear ANYONE besides eskimos in Canada whining about winter, I have to laugh at them.

Carry on.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #15
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

can't say... nudgenudge*skirt*winkwink
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote