Kiwi in Dubai- results & photos - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 AM   #46
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi in Dubai- results & photos

Thanks Sol for that!

I've just seen the new Eurosport schedule for tomorrow.
Remember that today they showed the match before night session (90 minutes) and then they switched over to WTA for 3 hours.

Tomorrow (well, Wednesday I mean) they first show a WTA match, then they switch over to Nordic Ski World Championships, then they show the 1st night session match of Dubai (90 minutes) and THEN when Kiwi's match is most likely on, they show again WTA

Incredible what they are doing as if they would miss Kiefer's matches on purposes

The only chance would be that Roger wins in something like 45 minutes and maybe they would show a bit of Kiwi's match then, but even if this happened the chance would be too low because I think they would switch over to WTA immediately then or to something completely different....

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 AM   #47
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

the same new in a different link

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tenni...p?story=613758

Quote:
Kiefer's aggression and touch has Safin in a spin
By Barry Wood in Dubai

23 February 2005

Marat Safin was beaten 7-6, 6-4 by Germany's Nicolas Kiefer in the opening round of the Dubai Championships here yesterday. Playing his first match since winning the Australian Open, the Russian No 2 seed never found his rhythm against an opponent who had also won their previous meeting at the Toronto Masters last year.

Kiefer, who often came to the net, mixed aggression and a deft touch to frustrate his opponent and although Safin served well at times it was not enough to give him any advantage.

Neither player managed to earn a break-point as the first set went to a tie-break, which Kiefer dominated. The German then maintained his momentum as the second set got underway, breaking to love as Safin struck his first double-fault of the match to fall behind 1-0.

A second double-fault allowed Kiefer to break again to lead 5-2 but he failed to serve out the match, putting a forehand wide down the line on break point. When the German served for the match a second time he was able to seal victory with his eighth ace of the match.

"I couldn't get comfortable on the court," said Safin, who refused to blame his defeat on his 10-day break after winning in Melbourne last month.

"I found the court was a little bit too fast so I couldn't really time the ball. I was missing a lot and wasn't comfortable at any moment," he said.

"He's [Kiefer] a tough one. All of a sudden he makes a couple of mistakes and he plays again and there is no rhythm at all. It's very difficult to find your game against him." Good from Marat

Wind had covered the court with a fine layer of sand and Kiefer said that made the surface faster, to his liking.

"I didn't expect to play this good," he said. "I've been playing well but the last two days I lost a little bit of my concentration, my focus. But I'm very happy with the way I played. I was fighting."

Kiefer said nerves also played a part as he struggled to close out the match.

"I just tried to focus on my game," he said. "I didn't serve so well in the beginning but I could get through the games and that is very important, especially against these players."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #48
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Thanks Sol for that!

Remember that today they showed the match before night session (90 minutes) and then they switched over to WTA for 3 hours.

Tomorrow (well, Wednesday I mean) they first show a WTA match, then they switch over to Nordic Ski World Championships, then they show the 1st night session match of Dubai (90 minutes) and THEN when Kiwi's match is most likely on, they show again WTA

Incredible what they are doing as if they would miss Kiefer's matches on purposes

The only chance would be that Roger wins in something like 45 minutes and maybe they would show a bit of Kiwi's match then, but even if this happened the chance would be too low because I think they would switch over to WTA immediately then or to something completely different....
Neely

I don't have any coverage here

Old 02-23-2005, 01:13 AM   #49
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
Neely

I don't have any coverage here
Can you receive any channels of other South American countries? JazzGirl told me that tennis coverage in Argentina is really good for most tournaments and I remember that she had different European indoor tournaments on TV lately.

Do you at least get the South American tournaments?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #50
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #51
country flag Tennisqueen

Tennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond reputeTennisqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Sol for that!

Yes, I read it, too! That's unbelievable!
Tennisqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #52
country flag sol

Quote:
Can you receive any channels of other South American countries? JazzGirl told me that tennis coverage in Argentina is really good for most tournaments and I remember that she had different European indoor tournaments on TV lately.

Do you at least get the South American tournaments?

Jazz girl is in Argentina. Argentina and Chile have better tennis coverage than us. We don’t have any tennis coverage in the locals TV sports channels except at USO. In the other side, we have International cable/sky channels as ESPN and Foxsports, but Argentina and Chile also have the regional channel ESPN+ (not available here), and Foxsports doesn’t have the same signal here.

ESPN+ is the only TV channel to broadcast Wimbledon in the whole Latin America, so we can’t watch that tournament in the north of South America (Venezuela, Colombia, etc...), neither Centro America (México, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, etc...)

Old 02-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #53
country flag Neely
-

Kiefer defeats Lee 2-6 6-1 6-3

glad that he could resettle just in time for the rest of this match after this lost 1st set

Old 02-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #54
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

yay Kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(( ps -- i posted 2 pictures of Kiwi riding a camel in Dubai in the pictures thread ))

Last edited by mary b : 02-23-2005 at 09:39 PM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #55
User ID 4783

User ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy right now
User ID 4783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #56
User ID 4783

User ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
(( ps -- i posted a picture of Kiwi riding a camel in Dubai in the pictures thread ))
That's a great picture, simpleternity (name??)
User ID 4783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #57
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escada
That's a great picture, simpleternity (name??)
mary
Old 02-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #58
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Four more pictures from today's match
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dubai_leewin1.jpg (29.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dubai_leewin2.jpg (32.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg dubai_leewin4.jpg (30.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg dubai_leewin3.jpg (26.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by mary b : 02-23-2005 at 06:54 PM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:53 PM   #59
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Important win today. But that Eurosport has no coverage until Saturday is ridiculous.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #60
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Alright Kiwi!!!

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote