> Pim Pim News and Articles < - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default > Pim Pim News and Articles <

I thought it would be cool to have a thread so anyone can put anything news/articles they come across about joachim for all of us to see

Heres the 1st one:

Johansson stuns Roddick

Joachim Johansson held off a dramatic fightback from defending champion Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of the US Open on Thursday night.
The Swede will meet Lleyton Hewitt in the last four after his 6-4 6-4 3-6 2-6 6-4 victory.

Johansson looked to have let his chance slip as Roddick hit back from two sets down with some stunning serving.

But in a tense final set, he saved a break point before a Roddick error gave him victory on the third match point.

"Let's give him credit, the guy serves out of a tree," said Roddick afterwards.

"I had a good look at his serve in the fifth set but I just played a bad game.

"I had a bunch of break points and only converted a couple and he had a few and converted almost all of them."

Roddick seemed surprised by Johansson's power in the opening stages as the 28th seed took control with big serves and fierce forehands.

I'm not happy but losses like this make me hungrier

Andy Roddick
Second seed Roddick double-faulted on break point in the fifth game to let the first set slip and, after twice failing to convert from 0-40, was soon two sets down.

But with his grip on the title apparently weakening, the world number two dug deep to find his most devastating form.

He did not lose a point on serve in racing through the third set and, with the pressure mounting on Johansson, Roddick broke twice in the fourth to level the match.

The final set was a desperately close affair with both players sending down a barrage of aces, and Johansson saved a break point with the score at 4-4.

That blow clearly affected Roddick, who put in two double-faults as Johansson moved to 0-40 and three match points.

Two big serves suggested Roddick might recover again but on match point number three he ended a lengthy rally with a wayward backhand, and his reign as US Open champion was over.

"I've had a couple of heartbreakers in slams this year," said Roddick, who lost to Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final.

"I just have to step up and win those. I'm not happy but losses like this make me hungrier."

Johansson said: "I got a good start in the first two sets, went down a little in the middle, and then hung in there in the fifth so it was good for me.

"It was pretty windy here but I made the big shots.

"I won my first title in Memphis this year, which was good, but I think this is probably a little bit bigger."

The Swede must now prepare for his first Grand Slam semi-final on Saturday, and it will be against former champion Hewitt - the brother of Johansson's girlfriend Jaslyn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3643414.stm

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #2

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: > Pim Pim News and Articles <

and another two

Johansson splits Hewitts

Joachim Johansson is threatening to drive a wedge through the Hewitt family after he beat Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of the US Open on Thursday.
The Swede will play Lleyton Hewitt in the last four in a match that will test the loyalties of the Australian's sister Jaslyn, Johansson's girlfriend.

"You can't pick your brother but you can pick your boyfriend, so I hope she'll support me," Johansson said.

"Lleyton and I are good friends. I hope we'll be good friends after Saturday."

The 22-year-old Johansson, the 28th seed, will be playing in his first Grand Slam semi-final.

He added: "I was supposed to be playing golf with my dad in Scotland this weekend but I'll have to change my plans now.

"It's going to be a very tough match. It will be a little bit weird but we know each other's games well. I'm going to have to serve well and move well."

Hewitt, the 2001 champion, trounced Germany's Tommy Haas 6-2 6-2 6-2 in his quarter-final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3643946.stm

Johansson suffers shock loss in Lyon
Fri 8 October, 2004 17:20

LYON, France, Oct 8 (Reuters) - U.S. Open semi-finalist Joachim Johansson suffered a surprise defeat by fellow Swede Robin Soderling at the Lyon Grand Prix on Friday.

Soderling, ranked 47th in the world, won their quarter-final 6-3 6-4 in 58 minutes.

Fourth seed Johansson was the highest-ranked player left in the tournament after the exits of Chile's Olympic champion Nicolas Massu, German Rainer Schuettler and Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero.

"I don't have the feeling I played worse than yesterday or the day before yesterday," 22-year-old Johansson said.

"I only lost my serve twice because Robin took advantage of the two break points he had and I missed the only one I got."

In the first quarter-final Belgian Xavier Malisse defeated Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-4.

"My season has been very erratic but I'm having a good week and I hope that it means I'm entering a good period," said Malisse.

Seventh-ranked Vincent Spadea of the United States is now the only surviving seed. He was due to face Austrian Jurgen Melzer in the evening session while Swede Jonas Bjorkman was playing Spaniard David Ferrer.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...s&section=news

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 10-16-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
country flag Canuck_Chick

Canuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

I have one:
Johansson beats Roddick at his own game

NEW YORK -- The execution is fairly straightforward: big serve plus big forehand equals game, set, match point. This was supposed to be how Andy Roddick won his second straight U.S. Open, not how he lost it.

But there was Joachim Johansson, a languid 6-foot-6 player from Lund, Sweden, beating Roddick at his own lethal hit-and-miss game. Johansson, also 22 years old, is the Euro Roddick.

For two sets Thursday night in their quarterfinal match, Johansson absolutely bludgeoned the No. 2-seeded Roddick. Some of the serves and forehands he snapped off were so hard and fast they may have evaporated. But then, somewhere between the second and third sets, reality began to dawn on the young Swede. His previously imperious forehand and serve began to fray. By the end of the fourth set, Johansson looked like the player who began the season ranked No. 113 in the world.

And then, in the brave new world of his first five-set match, it was Johansson who was surprisingly stronger. When Roddick's backhand looped over the baseline, the overlooked No. 28 seed was a stunning 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 2-6, 6-4 winner.

Roddick was so angry over the loss, he came off the court after that 2-hour, 55-minute match and ran several long laps in the oval corridor under Arthur Ashe Stadium. Later, he pointed to the break-point conversions as the difference. Roddick had 15 break points and converted only three. Johansson had only five, but won the same number.

"That was the match," Roddick said. "Let's give some credit to him. He serves out of a tree.

"I don't feel good, but at the same time I fought to the end. I gave it everything I had. It's disheartening, it's disappointing but I'll recover. I'll feel fine."

Said Johansson, "Someone told me he won 150 points [152, actually], and I won 120 [128]. That means I won the right points -- I don't know how."

Johansson's semifinal opponent is No. 4 seed Lleyton Hewitt, a 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 winner over Tommy Haas earlier on Thursday. He will be slightly conflicted because his girlfriend Jaslyn is Hewitt's sister. Johansson said she would sit in a neutral luxury suite, rather than decide between their respective family and friends boxes.

Roddick had won 11 consecutive matches here, going back to his 2002 quarterfinals loss to Pete Sampras. And so, for the first time since 1986, there will be no American-born player in the men's semifinals.

While Roddick possesses the fastest serve in tennis history, Johansson came into the match leading the tournament with 76 aces, 22 more than Roddick. After five sets, Roddick won the ace battle 34-30, but Johansson held his own. They broke each other three times in five sets, but Johansson was resourceful enough to save one for each of his successful sets.

Before a militantly pro-Roddick crowd, Johansson had the nerve to break Roddick's serve in the match's fifth game (when Roddick double-faulted). And then the rain came, sending the players to the locker room for a 55-minute rest. When they returned John McEnroe, an analyst for USA Network, said it was the "tightest" he had seen Roddick at this year's Open.

When Johansson closed in on the first set, he had a few queasy moments. He needed four set points, but he converted the final chance with a ridiculous forehand winner down the line.

The second set turned on a sequence in the second and third games. Johansson saved three break points to level things at 1-all, then Roddick won the first three points of his serve. And then Johansson won the next five points, the last on another thundering forehand. That service break held up when Johansson did the same thing, serving at 5-3. He lost the first three points, when his serve went south, then won five in a row -- a sick, sick forehand and an unreturnable serve closing the deal.

It was two sets to love and Johansson was playing unconscious tennis, which was precisely the point. Suddenly, he was all too conscious of Roddick and his place in the game.

Roddick broke his serve for the first time in the set's third game and, accompanied by his first double-fist-pumping scream, it seemed to energize him. He won the set in 28 minutes, ending with a resounding ace.

In the third game of the fourth set, Roddick scored his second break, ripping a running forehand cross-court winner. Serving with confidence -- at one point, he won 28 consecutive points on his serve -- Roddick swiftly reeled Johansson in. He broke him again two games later, and it was on to the ultimate set.

Johansson, picking up the level of his game, looked surprisingly fresh. For the first time, the two players were playing their best tennis at the same time. Roddick had two break-point opportunities, in the third and ninth games, but Johnansson rallied to win each game.

In the end, Johansson collected three match points with Roddick serving at 4-5 and converted the last when Roddick's backhand was long.

"I lost a couple heartbreakers in Slams this year," Roddick said. "I just need to step up and win those.

"The losses like this, they make me hungrier. So hopefully I'll come back with something good."

How far has Johansson come? He lost on the same court here last year in the first round, to Mardy Fish. How far? He was scheduled to play golf with his father Leif -- who played Davis Cup for Sweden with Bjorn Borg -- in Scotland on Thursday, but, he said, "I had to change my plan."

Hewitt was the world's No. 1 player in 2001 and 2002, but hasn't been to the semis of a Grand Slam event since the 2001 U.S. Open, a string of 0-for-7. Hewitt has had the misfortune to lose in all three of this year's majors to the eventual champion -- the Australian Open in the fourth round to Roger Federer, to Gaston Gaudio in the French Open quarterfinals and Federer, again, in the Wimbledon quarters.

"It would be strange playing him in a semifinals of a Slam," Hewitt said. "I've practiced with him a lot. He's got a lot of firepower, as much as Roddick."

Maybe Hewitt knew something. He made those remarks after his day match, some five hours before Johansson stunned Roddick.

Roddick, who once played junior doubles with Johansson, also beat him in their three junior singles matches. He knew Johansson had a big game. Now, the rest of the tennis world knows that Joachim Johansson's got a lot of firepower.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=1878437
Robin Söderling
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Enqvist

Patrick Rafter
Canuck_Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sportal.com.au/tennis.asp?i=news&id=57780

Johansson a starter

The depth of the 2005 Next Generation Hardcourts has been boosted after exciting young Swede Joachim Johansson confirmed his intention to challenge Australian Lleyton Hewitt in his hometown tournament.

Johansson, 22, has several motivations to play the Hardcourts, which start January 3.

Not only would victory in the $US380,000 lead-up tournament to the Australian Open leave him in great stead for the first grand slam of the year and further signal his dramatic rise through the men's circuit, but it will also coincide with a visit to his girlfriend, Jaslyn Hewitt.

The younger sister of Lleyton, Jaslyn's loyalty was famously torn in the semi final of the men's US Open last month when her boyfriend battled her brother for a shot at the final.

Hewitt won that encounter, but Johansson would love to settle the score by causing an upset on the Australian's home turf.

Aside from his personal connection to Adelaide, Johansson has plenty of fond memories of Memorial Drive.

Johansson was a part of the Sweden team which dramatically upset Australia in the Davis Cup in February, and he was able to build on his good form there to enjoy an exciting year in which he rose 102 places on the men's circuit to No. 11, and captured his first ATP title at Memphis.

He was also a quarterfinalist at Toronto, Long Island, San Jose and Lyon.

Tournament director Peter Johnston was delighted to have Johansson confirmed for the 32-draw event.

"Joachim is one of the most exciting young players on the ATP Tour at the moment and it is great he’s chosen to return to Adelaide again," Johnston said.

Johansson has played in Adelaide in 2002 and 2003 but lost in qualifying rounds, but is hopeful of adding his name to the illustrious list of winners including Hewitt in 1998 and 2000, Tommy Haas of Germany (2001) and Great Britain’s Tim Henman (2002).

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:09 PM   #5

Swede Joachim Johansson, seeded second, opens Tuesday night against Chile's Adrian Garcia. Johansson, a US Open finalist, is pleased to have a non-travel

week.

"I'm happy to stay home, I live 30 minutes away form the event and I have a lot of friends coming to watch me, so I'm looking forward to that."

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 10-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
country flag Canuck_Chick

Canuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

"Pim-Pim" Dominates Against Garcia
Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson moved on to the second round via a comfortable win against Adrian Garcia.

The tall Swede, ranked #11 in the world, was in charge all the way from the start of the match. Already in the first game, Johansson broke Garcia’s serve. From there on, the Chilean was never really close to threaten Johansson, who was hammering down serves and forehands. In the second set, the story repeated itself with the Chilean dropping his serve already in the first game. With another break of serve, the winning score line was 6-4, 6-2.

- I got a good start in both sets and then I could put all focus on my service games, Johansson says.

Last year, Johansson was an outsider who reached the quarterfinals. This year, the Swede has made very fast progress in the rankings and is just outside the top 10.

- I didn’t write as many autographs last year, that’s for sure, Johansson said with a smile on his face.

Johansson has played in Stockholm every year since 1997, when he made his debut in the qualifying event at a mere age of 15.

- This tournament means a lot to me. I have dreamt about playing on Center Court since I was very young, the top ranked Swede says.

Next up for Johansson is Jan-Michael Gambill, a player that "Pim-Pim" dispatched in three sets at the US Open two months ago. The two will play on Thursday.

http://www.stockholmopen.se/t3.asp?p=39340&x=1&a=137375
__________________________________________________ ______________
this is an interview with Pim Pim in swedish. I have no idea what he says since i don't speak swedish, but here it is anyway:
__________________________________________________ ______________
Presskonferens med Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson if…Stockholm Open 2004-10-25:

Pim-Pim satsar fortfarande på Mastersslutspelet i Houston. Hoppas på seger två veckor i rad.

Q: Kommer singelspelet att påverkas av en seger i dubbelspelet?
A: Ja att vinna första matchen i en tävling och framförallt att vinna en match innan första singelmatchen är väl det som betyder mest tycker jag. Jag tycker att jag gjorde en helt okej match och att min medspelare spelade väldigt bra idag.

Q: Har det någon betydelse att få lemmarna igång, är det annorlunda än vanlig träning?
A: Ja självklart är det annorlunda än träning att gå in på Centre Courten här. Det är alltid nått man sett fram emot sen man var liten. Det underlättar för mig imorgon tycker jag.

Q: Hur känns skillnaden i år. Förr året kom du hit på ett wildcard i är du seedad tvåa?
A: ja det är positivt tycker jag och lite annorlunda. Dels att man inte kommer att stötta på någon av de högst seedade, men det är så bra startfält att man kan åka på en första omgångs förlust än då tycker jag. Men det är skönt att veta att man är inne i tävlingen redan innan man kom hit. Förra året fick jag reda på det på fredag kväll Så det är lite annorlunda.

Q: Det måste ju vara en skillnad i självförtroende också. Du är ju inte samma spelare sen sist?
A: Jo samma spelare är jag men sen kanske jag gått framåt sen sist. Men sen har jag förlorat 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 sista två veckorna och det har varit tunga förluster som har påverkat mig mycket inför Mastersslutspelet i Houston. Som de förlusterna har gjort att det blir väldigt svårt att at sig dit men spelar jag bra den här veckan och nästa i Paris så vet jag att jag fortfarande har chansen. Så det är mitt stora mål.

Q: Vad måste du göra för att ta dig dit?
A: Vinna två veckor i rad!

Q: Räcker det?
A: Ja då ligger jag nog bra till.

Q: Bar en sån sak, nu kan du säga två veckor i rad. Menar du att det finns någonting bakom det?
A: (skratt) Ja det är självklart. Men självklart är det små marginaler. Det vet vi ju inte minst från min semifinal mot Andy Roddick i Us Open. Ibland vinner man och ibland förlorar man. Så är det och det är ju så det kommer vara. Framförallt med mitt spelsätt är det små marginaler.

Q: Hur kändes det idag då? Det kändes som att Jarkko returnerade rätt bra idag?!
A: Ja (skratt) Det var ju skönt eftersom det gjorde det väldigt lätt för mig idag. Eftersom han hela tiden satte sina returer så kunde jag missa fem i rad men ändå hela tiden få nya chanser.

Q: Vad har du för rekord på serven nu(hastighetsrekord)?
A: Eh…vi kan nog vända oss till Johan Porsborn här bredvid? (if…Stockholm Opens press chef)
JP: Är rekordet fortfarande 228, 4 från Us Open I år? Men 245 km/h från Australien…inofficiellt.
A: Ja..
Q: Hade du inte 228 idag?
A: Okej, jag tittar ibland men inte hela tiden.

Q: Men är inte det lite lurigt. Jag menar när du spelar singel kan du ju gå för ess hela tiden men i dubbel så får du ju tillbaka dem på fötterna hela tiden.
A: Ja jag märkte det på andra bollen i matchen om inte annat när Johan (Landsberg) gick in och stämplade en retur rakt ner på fötterna på mig efter att jag servade i 222 km/h.

Q: Påverkar det hur du servar. Du hade någon mes där på 156?
A: Ja det kanske jag hade. Jag tycker att en bra servare ska kunna variera serven och det är så jag försöker serva ändå. Sen är det vissa game man försöker serva hårt och vissa man försöker mixa upp det så, jag tar game för game.

Q: Har du försökt börja variera dig mer den här säsongen nu?
A: Nä, jag har väl alltid försökt att variera mig, men kanske lite mer den här säsongen nu och förra. Både Jonas Björkman och Thomas Johansson har varit på mig mycket och sagt att jag har haft en väldigt bra serve men att jag skulle kunna utveckla den mer så de har hjälpt mig väldigt mycket med det. De har fått mig att inse att det kanske inte bara är hårdheten som gäller.

Q: Serven är så stor påfrestning för axeln. Preparerar du som toppspelare axeln på något sätt? Kan man göra det?
A: Man försöker ju bygga upp styrkan i axeln så bra som möjligt så att den blir så stark som den kan bli. Spelar man många veckor i rad med olika bollar så blir det extra påfrestning. Nu har det blivit fyra veckor i rad och olika märken varje vecka, vissa är lätta och vissa är tunga. Det skulle vara mycket bättre om man spelade med samma bollar tycker jag.

Q: Det finns väl vissa moment som man kan träna styrka i?
A: Ja man kan ju inte förebygga helt och vissa dagar känner man sig mer stark än andra. Man försöker ju undvika så mycket påfrestning som möjligt, dels få behandling och massage och sen finns det ju vissa dagar som man inte försöker serva lika hårt.

Q: Hur mycket skiljer det mellan olika bollar?
A: Ja för oss är det ju ganska stora skillnader men sen vet jag inte om någon motionär skull känna samma skillnad. Men för oss blir det väldigt stora skillnader och man får stränga lösare eller hårdare olika veckor.

Q: Hur är det den här veckan?
A: Den här veckan är de ganska tunga och förra veckan var det väldigt lätt plus att det var på hög höjd (Madrid). Så du flög det ganska bra. Då fick man stränga väldigt hårt medan den här veckan får man stränga mycket lösare.

Q: Vad tycker du om golvet då? Går det undan eller är det som det ska?
A: det är väl normalt medan de andra veckorna har det varit riktigt långsamt så nu känns det ju snabbt helt plötsligt!

Q: Det var i en tidning som det stod att Robin Söderling har blivit en tennisgris för att han har börjat grisa. Har du utvecklat ditt spel på något sätt åt det hållet förutom att du håller igen serven ibland?
A: Möter man spelare som Rusedski(Madrid) eller Hewitt till exempel så måste man ibland hålla igen bollen och få in så många bollar som möjligt. Då spelar det inte så stor roll hur man vinner bollen. Då får man ta vara på de chanserna man får.

Q: Just det här att alla kan ju dunka på bollen rätt hårt. Känner du själv att du lärt dig att värdera lägena när du ska slå hårt bättre idag?
A: Det är ju någonting jag har förbättrat, men får jag ett bra läge så slår jag på rätt hårt och försöker gärna sätta den också.

Q: Vad vet du om morgondagens motståndare (Adrian Garcia)?
A: Inte mycket faktiskt. Jag vet att jag möte honom för två eller tre år sen på grus i en Future så det är ju inte mycket att hänga upp taktiken på. Jag vet att Thomas Johansson mötte han i Bangkok för ett par veckor sedan så han får väl hjälpa till att lägga upp taktiken. Johansson vann 6-3, 6-3 så det är ju bra att fråga honom när han vann (skratt).

Q: Så du tittar på servemätaren ibland. Använder du den i matchen?
A: Ja det tycker jag. Då vet jag ju ungefär hur hårt jag servar en serve. Jag kan se hur hårt jag server ut i forehandrutan. Jag kan variera och byta taktik. Servar man med mycket sidskruv så blir det automatiskt lite lösare. Så det kan vara ett bra hjälpmedel. Vissa kanske kollar för att se hur hårt man servar man det slutade jag med för ett tag sen.

Q: Agassi är ju här den här veckan. Det är ju en spelare som du har växt upp med? Hur känns det?
A: Ja jag har ju inte vuxit upp med honom men jag har ju sett honom på touren nu när jag kommit ut och spelat senaste åren och haft turen att träna med honom några gånger. Men jag har inte stött ihop med han här än så länge. Men det är kul att han kommer hit till if…Stockholm Open tycker jag.

Q: Han har ju hållit i 14 säsonger tror jag i absolut världselit. Har du kommit till absolut världselit?
A: Nej faktiskt inte. Det kanske är dags för det nu.

Q: Du kommer mest spela kvällsmatcher den här veckan antar jag?
A: Förhoppningsvis.

JP: Tack så mycket. Då är presskonferensen med Pim-Pim slut!

http://www.stockholmopen.se/files/{0812279C-742C-4CD0-A8F2-AF19A04BF5C4}.doc
Robin Söderling
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Enqvist

Patrick Rafter
Canuck_Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 PM   #7

Johansson and Soderling herald changing of the guard for Swedish tennis
Tue 26 Oct, 10:04 PM

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - Joachim Johansson, Sweden's next hope for a Top 10 spot, took the first step towards a potential seeded final with legend Andre Agassi as he defeated Adrian Garcia 6-4, 6-2 at the 632,750-euro Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

Advertisment
The number six seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7/4), 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson reached the semi-finals of the U.S. Open last month, beating holder Andy Roddick before falling to Lleyton Hewitt.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 10-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
country flag crazzzy_grrl

crazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond repute

This is from http://foxsports.news.com.au

Johansson happy to be home
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 27, 2004

JOACHIM JOHANSSON took the first step towards a potential final with Andre Agassi today, defeating Adrian Garcia 6-4 6-2 in the Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

The No.6 seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

Top-seeded drawcard Agassi returned to Sweden for the first time in a decade and pronounced himself ready to fight for a place in the Masters Cup final next month.

The 34-year-old arrived from business in Paris pleased with his fitness as he aims for a fourth consecutive appearance at the elite Masters, starting on November 15.

Elsewhere, German fourth seed Tommy Haas scored his third career win against Italian veteran Davide Sanguinetti 7-6 (7-5) 6-4, while qualifier Janko Tipsarevic took out seventh-seeded Czech teenager Tomas Berdych 3-6 7-5 6-1.

Feliciano Lopez, the fifth seed who won the Vienna title a fortnight ago, defeated American Jeff Morrison 7-6 (7-5) 7-5
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
I don't wanna be ~ Gavin DeGraw

Footy's back C'mon WEST COAST
crazzzy_grrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:41 AM   #9
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

OMFG I hate it when different news sources use the same article over and over.
I think they take the same approach to essay writing as I have done at times...change a few words here and there

Kom igen pimpim... win doubles with Jarkko
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 04:08 AM   #10
country flag Jexy

Jexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björkman_Girl
OMFG I hate it when different news sources use the same article over and over.
I think they take the same approach to essay writing as I have done at times...change a few words here and there

Kom igen pimpim... win doubles with Jarkko
I agree! lol I wonder how they go about it? free lance writers???

http://www.geocities.com/sojexy/
Featuring Live Scoreboard! Photo Gallery! News! Forum! Fanlisting! Guestmap! ... and MORE!

Come, join, and help us build the largest Joachim Johansson fan site out there!!!
Jexy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:11 AM   #11
country flag Jexy

Jexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond reputeJexy has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis: Agassi and Johansson keep Masters Cup hopes alive

STOCKHOLM : Top seed Andre Agassi and Sweden's number two Joachim Johansson both stormed into the quarter-finals of the 632,750-euro Stockholm Open with both men determined to book their places in the end-of-season Masters Cup.

Agassi clinched a 6-3, 6-4 win over fellow veteran Jonas Bjorkman in their second-round clash.

It was Agassi's fourth career victory against the Swede dating back to 1996.

Johansson, a surprise US Open semi-finalist and now ranked 11th, pulled off a 6-4, 6-4 victory over American Jan-Michael Gambill to join Agassi in the last eight.

Both men are heading towards a seeded Sunday final collision course with a spot in next month's eight-man Masters event a glittering prize.

Provisional eighth-placed Agassi needs to pass Briton Tim Henman - still alive this week in Basel - to book in on the seventh spot.

Johansson has a chance at a possible alternate's spot in the field if he does well here and next week in Paris to end the regular ATP season.

"It would be great to finish in the top eight," said Agassi.

"That would be an accomplishment to be appreciative of. It's also important for next year and at the Australian Open."

"I'm always hungry for a chance to compete against the best in the world."

Agassi, competing here for the first time since 1994, will face off Friday against Spanish eighth seed Fernando Verdasco, who knocked out Raemon Sluiter of the Netherlands 6-4, 6-2.

Agassi put Bjorkman into a two-break deficit in the second set, but the Swede got one back as he broke while Agassi served for victory.

But the Las Vegas holder of eight Grand Slam trophies hardly bowed under pressure, constructing a winning break-back to claim his place in the last eight.

"Every day, you have to be better than one person," Agassi said of his effort.

"And what's required each day is always different. To deal with Jonas the way I did today wasn't easy to do. I can feel good about many parts of my game for it to go in straight sets."

Johansson will face the surprise packet of the event in Swedish teenager Michael Ryderstedt.

The 19-year-old is on a purple patch after winning his first ATP match this week, and carrying on with an upset of fifth seed Feliciano Lopez of Spain 6-4, 6-7 (4/7), 6-3.

The left-hander began the season ranked 514th and has improved by nearly 300 places.

Johansson has reached at least the quarters of his last five tournaments stretching back to August, his big serve accounting for nearly 15 aces per match; he struck 16 Thursday.

German fourth seed Tommy Haas took a third win this season over Kenneth Carlsen as he ousted the Dane 7-5, 7-5, adding to success in Halle and Los Angeles.

- AFP

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...114140/1/.html

Featuring Live Scoreboard! Photo Gallery! News! Forum! Fanlisting! Guestmap! ... and MORE!

Come, join, and help us build the largest Joachim Johansson fan site out there!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:13 AM   #12
country flag crazzzy_grrl

crazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond repute

Sick Johansson bows out
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 30, 2004

TEENAGE wildcard Michael Ryderstedt reached the semi-finals of the 632,750 euro ($1.08 million) Stockholm Open today when his Swedish countryman Joachim Johansson, the second seed, retired with a fever.

The 19-year-old had lost the first set, but was 5-3 up in the second when Johansson called it quits.

Johansson's illness handed the world No.237 a semi-final clash against 2000 champion, and fellow Swede, Thomas Johansson, who beat Romanian third seed Andrei Pavel 7-6 (7-4) 7-5.

Former champion Johansson overcame a strained foot, which required treatment in the first set, to make the last four.

The 2002 Australian Open winner, who missed all of 2003 with a knee injury, progressed to his fourth semi-final of his comeback season.

Tournament crowd-pleaser and top seed Andre Agassi made the semi-finals for the first time, 15 years after his first visit with a defeat of Spain's Fernando Verdasco 7-6 (7-4) 6-2.

Agassi, who first competed in the Swedish capital in 1989 as a teenager and stalled in the quarter-finals, was also unable to reach the final four on his last visit a decade ago.

The 34-year-old will attempt to gain ground in the chase for a place in the season-ending Masters Cup as he faces Tommy Haas.

The fourth-seeded German, the comeback story of this season after missing more than a year with shoulder surgery, advanced 6-3 7-6 (7-4) over Belgian Olivier Rochus.

Agassi and Haas have played twice this year, splitting back-to-back matches, with Haas taking victory on the way to a title in Los Angeles and Agassi a winner in Toronto.

"Today I served well and did other things well," said Agassi, 36-12 this year with a title in Cincinnati.

"It was a pair of difficult matches against Tommy over the (northern) summer. He's one of the best in the world."

The American holds a 5-3 lead in career meetings, which Haas is hoping to dent.

"We all know what Andre can do," said the holder of seven career titles.

"When he plays well, he's the top of the game, but I'm feeling comfortable with my game."

It doesn't say much about what was wrong with Pim Pim but i thought i'd post it for you all anyway
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
I don't wanna be ~ Gavin DeGraw

Footy's back C'mon WEST COAST
crazzzy_grrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:21 PM   #13
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

”Pim-Pim” nominerad till årets nykomling

Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson har nominerats till ”Idrottsakademins pris till årets främsta nykomling”. På Idrottsgalan, som avgörs i Globen måndagen den 17 januari 2005, avgörs det om ”Pim-Pim” lyckas gå hela vägen och ro hem det åtråvärda priset.

Den hårdservande svensken har i år fått sitt stora genombrott och har stigit likt en raket på rankninglistorna, bland annat efter framgången i US Open, där ”Pim-Pim” besegrade den regerande mästaren och det stora hemmahoppet, Andy Roddick, i en fantastisk kvartsfinal. Södertäljesonen konkurrerar med Helena Allandi, brottning, Per Gunnar Andersson, bilsport och Antonio Lindbäck, speedway, vilka också nominerats av Riksidrottsförbundet till årets nykomling.

- Jag har gjort en bra säsong och bara att vara nominerad är en stor ära för mig. Jag hoppas att jag kan bli tilldelad priset, trots att jag inte kan närvara i Globen, kommenterar ”Pim-Pim”, som kommer att vara sysselsatt med Australien Open, som inleds samma dag som priset delas ut.

Svenska Tennisförbundet förhandsnominerade tidigare i höstas den 22-årige Team Catella-spelaren till årets nykomlig med följande motivering:

”Joachim Johansson har på ett år tagit det stora och svåra klivet från en plats utanför topp 100 i världen till den absoluta världstoppen.

Semifinalen i US Open, den första ATP-segern i Memphis och bragdmatchen i dubbel mot de regerande Davis Cup-mästarna, Australien, är bara några av höjdpunkterna.

Det är första gången, både i svensk och i internationell tennishistoria, som en spelare som aldrig tidigare rankats på topp 100, ett år senare ligger så högt som Joachim Johansson nu gör.”

Förra året nominerades också en svensk i samma kategori på Idrottsgalan. Då fick dock Robin Söderling se sig besegrad av höjdhopparen Linus Thörnblad.

Pim Pim is nominated for the Newcomer of the year 2004!
The decision, if he wins the price will be on the sportsgala in Stockholm on 17th january 2005. There are 3 other Swedish sportsmen who are nominated for the same category, I have never heard of one of the others.
So let´s hope Pim Pim gets the price, he would really deserve it!

Pim Pim says in the article above that he is said he cannot be there for this gala because of the Aussie Open....

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:33 PM   #14
country flag Jexy

Ivanisevic to miss Henman clash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4045339.stm
McEnroe completes line-up
Goran Ivanisevic has been forced to pull out of his showdown with Tim Henman at the Royal Albert Hall.
The Croatian has a hamstring injury that rules him out of Tuesday's scheduled showdown with the British number one.

Ivanisevic, who also missed last year's event through injury, will be replaced by US Open champion and world number 12 Joachim Johansson of Sweden.

Henman's exhibiton match takes place alongside The Masters Tennis.

The match will benefit Henman's charity Kids at Heart.

John McEnroe, Mikael Pernfors, Jim Courier, Richard Krajicek, Pat Cash, Michael Stich, Mats Wilander, Boris Becker, Thomas Muster, Sergi Bruguera, Guy Forget and Emilio Sanchez line up in The Masters.

The players will compete for a winner-take-all prize of US$100,000.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:39 PM   #15
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute

didn't Ivanisevic retire at Wimbledon? anyhoo thanks for this

Tomas
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote