#changebrazil - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: #changebrazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Nard View Post
Is this Syria 2.0?
Syria's got a civil war with religious/ethnic sectarianism and little democratic legitimacy. Brazil on the other hand is a young but fairly robust democracy with the main societal divisions based on wealth. These kinds of protests are fairly common historically in Latin America, but strong economic growth and democratic advances have made the region more stable in recent years. Brazil's growth has soured now and there seems to be unhappiness over the government's subsidizing some sporting events, so this is a good test of just how far their democracy has come. I think it's highly unlikely that a military junta will return however; more likely that the left will be divided for the next election and let the (non-dictatorial) right in. We'll see how happy the protesters will be if that happens.

Last edited by Htom Sirveaux : 06-21-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
country flag Chair Umpire
Banned!

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
All my support to the brazilian people... but I think they've realized a little bit late about their priorities.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Was it the same government who made the bid for the WC though? I don't think it was. I find it unfathomable that Brazil 'cannot afford' to build more hospitals and schools when their economy is doing so well. Look how much in terms of reais corporations like Petrobras are bringing in.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Was it the same government who made the bid for the WC though? I don't think it was. I find it unfathomable that Brazil 'cannot afford' to build more hospitals and schools when their economy is doing so well. Look how much in terms of reais corporations like Petrobras are bringing in.
Pretty sure that Lula's Workers' Party (same as current President Rousseff) were responsbible for getting the Olympics and World Cup. They've been in power since the 2002 election, so even if they weren't directly involved in initially developing the bids they were heavily involved in the process. My impression was that Lula was very much the face of both bids.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil's economy isnt doing great. Inflation is now at 6,5% per year, pib doesnt grow (less than 1,5% per year), only thing thats okay right now is unemployment rate, but at the expense of high interest rates. The government also is expending a lot, because the president believes that it should stimulate consumation.

Many people got out of the poverty at the best Lula days, but that days are gone now, while the high expenses to try to take the people out of poverty enrages the middle class that faces an almost non-existant growth in industry.

Basically the lula govt. did well to erradicate poverty and increase the buying power of the poorer, but now Dilma cant make economy grow, which is the biggest problem.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 06-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
Syria's got a civil war with religious/ethnic sectarianism and little democratic legitimacy.

Syria is a SECULAR country, based on the social-Christian model, and in which the different religious communities were living in good intelligence up until some foreign forces tried to destabilize the country. Thank you.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #22
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
What does "free transport" mean?

"Make it free for me and let someone else pay the costs? I don't really care who. Just not me."

Seems to me there is no such thing as free transport.
wrong interpretation.

what "free transport" means is that the governments pays for it thru the taxes collected from the brazilian people, taxes which everyone pays according to their means.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #23
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
It was Lula, now Rousseff.. same thing

When Brazil won the bid, Lula said the WC wouldnt use government funding. It was a big lie, they spent billions in stadiums

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires

Last edited by JeffCandoi : 06-21-2013 at 08:39 PM.
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

Gustavo Kuerten via twitter
Total support to all peaceful demonstrations!! Brazil needs to wake up and people deserve more RESPECT!! # VamosaLuta

Also read Andre Sa and Meligeni supporting

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 AM   #25
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

The protests in Istanbul have evolved into a public forum. In more than 20 parks, people gather every evening and discuss what will be the next step for democracy. The scene from the Abbasaga Park and the spirit of the parks are so beautiful! This photo has taken just one hour ago from Abbasaga Park forum. Turkey salutes the people revolting in Brazil.

And this photo is from demonstrations in Sao Paolo. What a great solidarity, between two nations.

ne znam ali mozda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #26
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil is an example of those countries with rapid economic growth that use that money to promote the country with WC, OG, etc, something many Western countries can't do as they need that money for public services.

And of course people feel screwed sooner or later as they know the goverment could use the money to improve the standard of life instead of hosting WC, OG, etc.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote