How Much Do Players Run in a Tennis Match - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
country flag Kirijax

Kirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond reputeKirijax has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Much Do Players Run in a Tennis Match

Watching Djokovic and Nadal play a match always made me wonder how far these guys run during the course of a match. It's obvious they run several miles but never saw any statistics or numbers for that. I've also always been interested in wondering how much a tennis player runs compared to athletes in other sports. After googling it a bit, I found an interesting stat that Djokovic and Nadal both ran about 15 miles or so during the 2012 Australian Open. It was also interesting to see that Djokovic runs more on average than Nadal over the course of a full tournament. For some reason I thought it would be the other way around.
As far as comparing tennis to other sports, tennis was usually No. 2 or No. 3 in the charts and studies I saw, with only soccer ahead at No. 1.
Has anyone ever measured how much they walk and run during a tennis match? I imagine I usually go for two or three miles but it should be interesting to calculate someday.

Which Sport Makes You Run the Most?
Kirijax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Do Players Run in a Tennis Match

Probably 3-4 KMs in best of 5.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

There is no finish line...

#bel18ve
Dave_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
country flag Fargif

Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Do Players Run in a Tennis Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirijax View Post
Watching Djokovic and Nadal play a match always made me wonder how far these guys run during the course of a match. It's obvious they run several miles but never saw any statistics or numbers for that. I've also always been interested in wondering how much a tennis player runs compared to athletes in other sports. After googling it a bit, I found an interesting stat that Djokovic and Nadal both ran about 15 miles or so during the 2012 Australian Open. It was also interesting to see that Djokovic runs more on average than Nadal over the course of a full tournament. For some reason I thought it would be the other way around.
As far as comparing tennis to other sports, tennis was usually No. 2 or No. 3 in the charts and studies I saw, with only soccer ahead at No. 1.
Has anyone ever measured how much they walk and run during a tennis match? I imagine I usually go for two or three miles but it should be interesting to calculate someday.

Which Sport Makes You Run the Most?

You need to take in account set and how many hours tey both played. If i recall Nole vs Stan was 5 hours then Nole vs Rafa was another marathon.

But these 2 are those i cam consider top runners.
---------------------------------------------------------
Fargif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote