Good women players - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
country flag NTRP 4.5

NTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good women players

Ive recently been playing a woman who plays for the county veterans, very solid all round game ( her overhead is a bit suspect though ) no real pace to scare a fellow but hits the ball fairly deep and isn't afraid to attack short balls. We've played a whole bunch of 10 point tie breaks which even though they're close I end up winning most of them, does anyone on here play against really good women players? what type of game do they play and and how do you get on?
NTRP 4.5 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
country flag Knightrunner

Knightrunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good women players

I play against my wife occasionally, not as much these days as she's miles better than me. She's really aggressive and has a mean kick serve. Quite a few of the women she plays with are pretty good too.
Knightrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
country flag NTRP 4.5

NTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I play against my wife occasionally, not as much these days as she's miles better than me. She's really aggressive and has a mean kick serve. Quite a few of the women she plays with are pretty good too.
Its a rare thing to find a female recreational player with a good kick serve, Ive seen and played against women with strong first serves, mainly flat and samey as far as direction but good serves just the same.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
country flag Knightrunner

Knightrunner is on a distinguished road

Yeah, she's been working on it for a long time. She's really proud of it.
Knightrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #5
country flag WawrinkaFan110

WawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond reputeWawrinkaFan110 has a reputation beyond repute

Mom is my hitting partner. She very much is in the Sharapova-Seles mode of take the ball early and she has amazing power off the ground from timing.
Agassi (8), Kuerten (3), Safin (2)
WawrinkaFan110 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 AM   #6
country flag robbyp123

robbyp123 is on a distinguished road

My sister has a great topspin forehand, don't wanna get in the way of that
robbyp123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
country flag NTRP 4.5

A lot of women have good shots and can hit with good spin and placement but One of the big difference between playing a guy and a woman is foot speed/movement. Most women that Ive played just don't move/run very well, even those who might look fit they have poor movement both laterally and up and down the court. A woman Ive been playing recently has good shots but not as skilled as she things she is, she likes to warm up by rallying diagonally but she doesn't have the control to consistently hit F/H to F/H or B/H to B/H.