SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #46
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
You've forgotten Djokovic, Murray, Soderling and Safin.

Also Azarenka, Radwanska, Zvonareva, Safina, and Jankovic.
If you want to manipulate the stats by claiming Serena's peak runs from 1999 until 2013 and Federer's isn't between 2003 and 2007, sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #47
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
If you want to manipulate the stats by claiming Serena's peak runs from 1999 until 2013 and Federer's isn't between 2003 and 2007, sure.
So you're saying Federer didn't meet Safin 2003-07? Nor Djokovic?

I know you're just trolling, but try to troll like you have good memory.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #48
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there are a lot of people at tf who are saying that silliams is playing the best tennis of her life right now.

so for them peak silliams is 2012-
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #49

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
So you're saying Federer didn't meet Safin 2003-07? Nor Djokovic?

I know you're just trolling, but try to troll like you have good memory.
He did, that was my mistake. Although Djokovic obviously was far from his peak back then.

I'm not trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
there are a lot of people at tf who are saying that silliams is playing the best tennis of her life right now.

so for them peak silliams is 2012-
I would say that too if I was completely (sexually) obsessed with my favorite player, as 90% of the posters on TF is, in order to justify her career.
Quote:
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Last edited by Chris Kuerten : 06-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #50
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He did, that was my mistake. Although Djokovic obviously was far from his peak back then.

I'm not trolling.
Well, trolling or not, it doesn't really matter. Whether there are "just" five or six women with better resumes than Federer is really not that interesting. Male/female comparisons are not usual in other sports either.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #51
country flag fedalrock

fedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond repute

Male and Female tennis comparisons
Serena would lose to any top 50 player in the ATP.
and according to me 16<17
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #52
country flag Loveall

Loveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond reputeLoveall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
apple and oranges. it's silly to compare Sereana with Fed or any woman with any man. Men and woman don't even play chess together and chess an intellectual sport (no athleticism involved).

Serena simply overpowers her opponents, and there is nothing wrong with that. She simply doesn't have any competition and that's also not her problem. The rest of the women on the WTA tour are pretty clueless but it is what it is. Men and women play 2 different sports (yeah it's still called tennis but nevertheless).
+1 . Good post . Once in a while you do post good ones .
Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Well, trolling or not, it doesn't really matter. Whether there are "just" five or six women with better resumes than Federer is really not that interesting. Male/female comparisons are not usual in other sports either.
Male/male comparisons are also sketchy at best
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedalrock View Post
First part would be completely irrelevant if this was a real discussion (and incorrect, since she would lose against everyone in the top 1000). And in that case I would be worried about the second part, because the chance she ends up with more Grand Slams than Federer is high
Quote:
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Last edited by Chris Kuerten : 06-13-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #54
country flag Sheitan

Sheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond reputeSheitan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
first of all, nobody showing 'disrespect' to Serena. Also comparing their fighting spirits, achievements, respective peaks etc. is a complete nonsense. I respect both of them but comparing them is absolutely ridiculous.

Compare Graf and Serena. fine with me, and Graf is the GOAT. At least she had some competition, she also won more majors, she won the true GRAND SLAM (meaning all 4 majors in one year). people, wake up.
She even won the Olympics that year (= Golden Slam), got bronze in the doubles tournament and won three slams the following year, even more of an advantage then. 377 weeks on Nr. 1 are also impressive, considering the competition she faced. Serena isn't even close to Graf when it comes to career achievements.
Sheitan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena would lose to any top 500 player in the ATP.
Fixed
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #56
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's compare the opponents they both had to play in Slam finals during their peak:

Serena: Venus (7x), Hingis, Davenport, Henin and Sharapova (2x)
Federer: Philippoussis, Roddick (3x), Hewitt, 35 yo Agassi, Gonzalez, Baghdatis
and pre-peak Nadal (4x)

LOL

Serena > Federer
pre-peak Nadal says the guy who considers 2013 Nadal as peak.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
pre-peak Nadal says the guy who considers 2013 Nadal as peak.
43-2

Peak Nadal = 2005-now on clay and 2008-now in general. Lack of non-clay tournaments this year isn't really relevant since he beat Gulbis, Federer, Berdych and Del Potro back to back on hardcourt without any practice, which shows his superiority.
Quote:
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
country flag RForehand

RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
This yank has completely fried his brain with home made meth. What an embarrassment. 1 challenger title on ATP is equal to 20 WTA slams.
Fixed
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #59
country flag RForehand

RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She would lose to any top 1000 Player
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #60
country flag your_valentine

your_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond reputeyour_valentine has a reputation beyond repute

Is this article a joke? It can't be serious. Fes is above any man or woman. That tard Serena isn't even the best among women
your_valentine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote