Hewitt or Agassi? who and how might end the year as the Número Uno!
from ATP website
HEWITT WILL HOLD ON THE NO. 1 RANKING IF…
· Hewitt will finish No. 1 if Agassi fails to reach the semifinals.
· Hewitt will finish No.1 if he makes the final regardless of round robins results.
Hewitt will finish No. 1 if Agassi goes 2-1 in round robin play, but does not win the title - even if Hewitt goes 0-3 in round robin play.
AGASSI WILL FINISH NO. 1 IF…
· Agassi could take No.1 if he went 3-0 in round robin play and reached the final, provided Hewitt lost all three round robin matches.
· Agassi could take No.1 if he went 3-0 in round robin play and won the title, provided Hewitt did not reach the final.
· Agassi could take No. 1 if he went 2-1 in round robin play and won the title,
Moyá has defeated Hewitt, now the chances of Agassi to finish as number 1 are this:
to win the tournament not losing another match at the RR.
to wait for a Hewitt's defeat against Marat, and that Hewitt doesn't qualify to the semis.
__________________ "Quienes creen que el dinero lo hace todo,
terminan haciendo todo por dinero".
Voltaire (1694-1778), filósofo y escritor francés.
Hewitt is 108 points ahead right now. If Agassi wins his RR matches, he will get 40 points. If he wins the SF, he will get another 40 points. That is only 80 total, so he HAS to win the tournament to have a shot at #1 as he would then get 130 points total (50 more for winning the final).
Hewitt must win his next RR and then win his SF to ensure that he keeps #1.
Hewitt will get #1by default
both will get knocked out
Good luck to all my favs in 2013 especially *Mikhail Youzhny*Igor Andreev*Nikolay Davydenko*Dmitry Tursunov*Evgeny Korolev *Haas*Ferrero*Federer*Nalbandian* Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy