Mens Tennis Forums banner

Project 2013 Wimbledon Seedings (30 of 32 seeds decided)

16K views 68 replies 44 participants last post by  dencod16 
#1 · (Edited)
Take ESP points at 17 June 2013
Add 100% points earned for all grass court tournaments in the past 12 months
add 75% points earned for best grass court tournament in the 12 months before that.

Please do tell if made any errors.
Players in color have secured their seeding.

Attachments

See less See more
#21 ·
Re: Project 2013 Wimbledon Seedings

Ferrer must stay at #4 to make the tournament more interesting.
I think it creates same problems they had in Madrid and in Rome. OK, Nadal is not so dominant force on grass, but if he is #5 seed, would Wimby organizers really want to make honest random draw ? Risking that Murray or their golden boy, defending champion Federer would play against Nadal as early as QF ? I dont think so.

So they rig the draw and put Nadal in Ferrer`s quarter again. It would mean Nadal is not playing Tsonga, Berdych or del Potro in QF who all in a very good day could be dangerous opponents to him.He would play against Ferru or someone who beat Ferrer before QF . How on earth is this more interesting ?

#5 ·

Colonel :worship:

#7 ·

If Rafa wins Halle, will he he pass Ferrer before Wimby?
If Rafa wins French Open and reaches Final of Halle. He will be seeded 4th but he will not pass Ferrer in the rankings only in the seedings.

#15 ·
#14 ·

As long as Murray, Nole, or Federer win, I don't give a rat's ass who is ranked what

#16 ·

So Tsonga will be the 6 seed for Wimbledon ? How did he make that jump I thought he was going be the 7th seed

#20 ·

So Tsonga will be the 6 seed for Wimbledon ? How did he make that jump I thought he was going be the 7th seed
It is because of Berdych poor performance on grass the past 2 years.

#17 ·

Will be interesting to see the quarters. Murray/Nadal would be a very interesting one.

#18 ·

Will be interesting to see the quarters. Murray/Nadal would be a very interesting one.
Murray/Nadal could well be the final.:)

#26 ·

Murray would want to face Nadal earlier if he has to face him I think- doesn't the court get muddier as it goes along?

#27 ·

Murray would want to face Nadal earlier if he has to face him I think- doesn't the court get muddier as it goes along?
Yes, but if he would have to chose the day to play vs Nadal,1st or 2nd round would be perfect. He knows how many problems Nadal had in early rounds vs lower ranked opponents.Petzhner, Haase,even journeyman Kendrick were close tu upset in 1st week, not to mention our hero Rosol, who actually beat him.

But since they are both top 8 seeds, they cant meet before QF and there is not much difference how courts play in QF or semifinal.Courts are worn out in 2nd week anyway . And Murray lost to Nadal in Wimbledon QF and in semis twice.

But I have weird feeling, no matter how Nadal is seeded,he is not gonna be in Murray `s quarter or even in Murray`s half ;)

#30 ·

Rafa has withdrawn from Halle thus Ferrer will be the 4th seed.

#33 ·
#34 ·

I hope Wimbledon organizers find a way to rank Nadal #4. It would be disgrace for tennis and the tournament if he seeded #5.

#38 ·

this has got to be the most difficult slam to predict in years. to be honest if fed has to play nadal i would rather it happen as early as possible. as fed would have greater chances. the best final would be any combination of federer, murray and nadal as they are the 3 best grass players.

#42 ·

Wimbledon is my favorite tournament of the year. I have two player to root against. And something tells me they might meet in the final. lol. But the poor Scott has a man-crush on the other guy

#43 ·

Wimbledon winner is hard to predict this year.

Federer is in bad form, zero titles so far. Djokovic is not the same player of 2011. His worst surface is grass. Another Wimbledon title would be super overachieving. Doubt it will happen for Djokovic. Nadal could lose early again, who knows. Murray will have huge pressure and hasn't been that great this year.

#45 ·

Updated after French Open final.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.