Jan Michael Gambill - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2004, 07:17 PM   #16
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jan Michael Gambill

Hi Joachim!
This was discussed in the Gambill and Graydon thread below... I've lost track of the number of times I've heard one tennis player accuse another of being gay. I think they throw that around at each other because they all know its the most damaging and hurtful thing to say.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 07:31 PM   #17
country flag Joachim

Joachim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Hi Joachim!
This was discussed in the Gambill and Graydon thread below... I've lost track of the number of times I've heard one tennis player accuse another of being gay. I think they throw that around at each other because they all know its the most damaging and hurtful thing to say.
Oh !! I'm sorry to bring this up again, but i really wanted to know this
Joachim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:50 AM   #18
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the answer that JMG posted in his old yahoo group in Aug 2002:

"I have nothing against gay people thier buisiness is there
own. However I am not. Thanks again everyone for the support I
really appreciate it."

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #19
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

he's toooo goodlooking to be gay...

joachim, is that your real name? if so how cool...

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:45 AM   #20
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

Jan-Mike got a tattoo!!! go here to see pics and read about it!

http://www.janmiketennis.com/picpages/tattoo.html
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #21

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

ooo no jan mike not a tatoo

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 09-29-2004, 05:31 PM   #22
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgsdoubsprtnr
Jan-Mike got a tattoo!!! go here to see pics and read about it!

http://www.janmiketennis.com/picpages/tattoo.html
Thanks for posting the link to my site. I was so busy putting it in other threads, I forgot to put it here. I have some more exclusive pics to put up later today, of JMG in Shanghai. I'm getting a bit bleary-eyed with all this computer work.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #23
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
I think they throw that around at each other because they all know its the most damaging and hurtful thing to say.
That's really , Fee.

Your website is

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #24
country flag Fee

Thank you for the compliment Alfonso.

I agree with you that it's very sad, but I've been around enough athletes in my life (stat girl, journalist, physio-trainer, driver, fan, whatever) to know that it's true. The athletic world has the whole macho persona going on, so to be accused of being less than macho is just about the ultimate insult. Jan-Michael is nice, relatively gentle and sensitive in person, and just nerdy enough that it happens to him a lot (similar to Philippoussis). Funny thing is, if any of those overly macho types in the tennis world found themselves on the side of the road with car trouble, JanMike would be a good guy to have come along to help out.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #25
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

you're welcome, Fee.

I was looking at JMG pictures at Shanghai. First thing i noticed, new raquect (or new paint job ) Did he really switched to the "shark"? Second, what a weird forheand. I knew it was two handed but not lie that. It reminds me Monica Seles. It looks like a lefty-two-handed-backhand with a weird grip for the left hand. I haven't see him played in a long time, but he has to make a big grip change when switching sides
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gambill forehand.jpg (17.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Gambill backhand.jpg (19.4 KB, 13 views)

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi

Last edited by alfonsojose : 09-30-2004 at 02:42 PM.
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #26
country flag Fee

I think it's a new paintjob, but I'll have to ask him. It's actually possible that he did switch if it's true that he worked with Prince to develop the racquet.

If you look closely at his forehand, you can see that it's not really a true two hander, like Santoro's, because he only has 2 fingers and his thumb on the racquet. It is an odd stroke, but it works for him because he can disguise it so well. Of course the down side is that he has less reach on both sides and his footwork is a little suspect lately (I think mostly because of nagging shin soreness). I love his backhand though, when he can set up for it he can hurt people with it. Like Andy and others, he kind of twirls his racquet as he's moving so the grip changes aren't that big of a deal. I think it's more of a liability when he's at the net. But I haven't seen him play much this year either, so I could be way off.

Last edited by Fee : 09-30-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #27
anton

anton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond repute

I play 2 handed tennis and it is good for control. You can go for harder shots and control the ball better with both hands. Also high balls are easier for that same reason. Low balls and wide balls are harder.

What I don't understand is why Gambill who is 6 3.5 tall does not play the net more...
Also I think working with more coaches other than his dad could be helpful.

Another point is he plays so much doubles I would think that would make him want to go to the net more.

andytennis.com
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #28

Bless him in his hat!! I thinks Jan Mikes game is good, its different and it makes it interesting. I agree the footwork needs to be excellent for him to be able to do REALLY well in tournaments...it must be tiring tho...I dont like doing the amount of foot work i do and i have a single and doubles forehand and backhand respectively

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 10-03-2004, 06:19 AM   #29
anton

anton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond reputeanton has a reputation beyond repute

I think his biggest problem is staying healthy and being consistent. sorry thats two.

andytennis.com
anton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #30
country flag Fee

Jan-Michael is playing in Metz this week. He seems so relaxed and happy lately, I hope it brings him success on court.