3 year old explains why he doesn't want to eat meat - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 year old explains why he doesn't want to eat meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Yes, it is that simple. Very eloquently put. What other use does a pig have?
I was referring to babies.

It is a pretty stupid and dangerous way to value and treat living things by the amount of use they have for YOU.

Indians did not have any use for white people in the 18 and 19th, they just took space way space away. thus it was deemed appropriate to kill them including woman and babies. Africans were just useable as Slaves in the middle ages and was regarded as nothing wrong. these people were not even regarded as humans.

Sorry, but it is just dumb thinking, simple as that.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Just settling in for RG, but glanced at my newspaper front page story. It is about a new "scientific paper" just published. I think it illustrates where this trend to treat animals as our equals can lead us.

The thesis is that when animals are presented in childrens' books as happy and human-like, instead of independent living beings in their own right, then we are demeaning the animals and teaching our children racism, materialism, homophobia and patriarchy.

The author states that worker ants are mostly female, "yet we call them male because we tend to think of workers as male". That's odd, I just call them ants, I think. I will have to get my ant genders sorted out, so that I dont demean any more colonies.

So throw out those teddy bears.

Now, back to the game. I wonder if Djoker or Nadal is using natural gut. Bad, bad tennis players, if they are.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 11:55 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Lets not let allow your morals and ethics to get in the way of your diet, it is really weak. We are stronger and they are excellent source of protein, therefore we can use them for meat. Simple as that.
Babies are human, therefore are included in the "we" in your sentence, at least as far as most people would read it.

Nobody could possibly have divined that this statement was referring to eating other humans.

And all the rest of your post was about mans' inhumanity to man. Nothing to do with eating pork.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #34
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is lots of evidence that Fairtrade has put small coffee farmers out of business. The trendy moralists only buy Fairtrade products, yet only the big companies can afford the fees to belong to the Fairtrade club.

If we do not draw a line between human and other living beings, should we then get involved when a cat that is not hungry is toying with a mouse?
The Fairtrade example was merely an example. There are of course downsides to the Fairtrade project, and other, newer, more fieldwork-oriented projects seem more promising, but there is also tons of evidence that Fairtrade has, on the whole, helped farmers more than it has harmed them.

I do draw lines between humans and other living beings, but those lines must be based on grounds other than simply belonging to a specific species.

The life of a normal adult human is more valuable than the life of a normal adult pig, but not because one is a human and the other one is a pig. It is so because one is capable of seing himself over time, his range of experiences is wider, and his suffering or death will be deeply felt not only by him, but by other human beings to a greater degree than it is the case for pigs.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #35
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it is that simple. Very eloquently put. What other use does a pig have?
Why does a pig have to have a use? That implies it is nothing more than an object to be employed, and not an autonomous being with preferences that it strives to meet.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #36

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Babies are human, therefore are included in the "we" in your sentence, at least as far as most people would read it.

Nobody could possibly have divined that this statement was referring to eating other humans.

And all the rest of your post was about mans' inhumanity to man. Nothing to do with eating pork.
okay I reformulate to help you better understand.

Lets not let allow your morals and ethics to get in the way of your diet, it is really weak. You are stronger and a babies are excellent source of protein, therefore you can use them for meat. Simple as that.

you think that is an outrageous statement, if so, then Topspins argument was lacking something because it was analogous. that is my point

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post

you think that is an outrageous statement,
Yes I do.

I guess that means that you and Topspin are equally outrageous.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Why does a pig have to have a use? That implies it is nothing more than an object to be employed, and not an autonomous being with preferences that it strives to meet.
I strive to meet my preferences too. Bacon, being one of them.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Yes I do.

I guess that means that you and Topspin are equally outrageous.
This thread may serve future generations as evidence that eating meat is bad for the brain and averts logical reasoning.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I guess you have no logical response, then.

You and topspin appear to have been discussing the pros and cons of eating babies. I do not know why you presumed I would want to be part of that discussion.

The simple fact is that topspin threw out the bait, hoping to catch a gullible living being. You grabbed that bait and ran with it. Now you can't get off the hook.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

This kid will grow up to be a humanitarian

I do eat meat, but not much of it. I simply don't have empathy for the chickens who clearly don't have enough emotional intelligence to feel sad for their life I probably would be a vegetarian though if it was easier to get enough protein.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #42
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

I am vegetarian for religious and ethical reasons and I am healthy.

Vegetarianism done correctly can be healthier than meat.

Meat can cause a lot of problems in the human body.

Also, raising animals for food destroys the environment.

I think eating meat is extremely cruel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #43
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

I was gonna have some tasty pork today but it was taken from me
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #44
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think that the life or a pig is worth the life of any person, animals and human are never equals.

I don't think bc of that that I have the right to hurt anyone who is less then me or weaker then me.

Humans > animals

But y should t hurt them ever, ESP not for food purposes
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post

But y should t hurt them ever, ESP not for food purposes
Then don't. But don't use your own beliefs to dictate to others.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.